Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Good Lesson... Learned

You are welcome to use photo if you would like.


Good Morning sweet ladies,

Last night we went to hear a young man speak......I won't say his name.........but he is running for Secretary Of State. We had our little grandson with us and he is only 3. The young man was talking about the Constitution of the United States and the Declaration of Independence........he read it.........explained it.............and it was very good. The amazing thing was when the young man would get excited, our little grandson Reid who is 3........did the same and would repeated everything he said. Our family was amazed and thankful that he was getting it. Most people wouldn't take their little ones to a meeting because they don't think that they will understand it........they do! I remember when I had my children at HOME around me when they were growing up. I would have the Christian radio on and we would listen to sermons. Our children would listen as they played. I remember a lot of conversations like........."Momma did you hear that"? Or "what does that mean"? Or "I didn't know that about the Bible". I was able to have the freedom in my home to have an atmosphere of learning the Word. Well, last night was no different. Reid had an atmosphere of learning with his family. I pray that the seeds that were planted last night will grow..........and that he will know that there is only one that gives him freedom and that is God and God alone. We will keep whispering into his little ear that he is loved by Jesus........and that he needs to keep his eyes on the Word until the day we all get called HOME! I am looking forward to that day........I won't have to cook in the college kitchen. I am smiling......real big.

There is a wonderful web site called Wall Builders, David Barton, Presenting America's forgotten history and heroes (look here for information in teaching your children about our heritage) with an emphasis on our moral, religious and constitutional heritage. As a family we have learned much from David. He is very wise man for such a time as this.
The United States was founded on Godly principles.....that seem to be forgotten in these days and we are seeing things crumble. When you forget God you don't have a firm foundation. Here is the second paragraph of The Declaration of Independence July 4 1776.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Mr. Phil and I are going to spend more time teaching these to our grandchildren. Our girls have a fervor from last night..........can't wait to see what the Lord will do with that! May the Lord have mercy on our land........we have gone our own way He is always waiting for when we want to come back. Please gather your family and pray for America today.......it is important. She needs it!

Rather serious today......can't help it........I am concerned for our country.

Oh.....I have noticed that I am getting a lot of visitors from over seas.....please leave a comment. Just a hi would be nice and if you have a blog......I would love to come and say hi back!

I was encouraged by this scripture today.

Psalm 119 : 35-40

"Lead me in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it. Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to selfish gain! Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in Your ways. Confirm to Your servant Your promise, that You may be feared. Turn away the reproach that I dread, for Your rules are good. Behold, I long for Your precepts; in Your righteousness give me life!"

Blessings to your day sweet ladies............I am praying for you.
Have a wonderful Sonday!

Me

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Linda...Thanks for the photo and about Wallbuilders. I actually am very familiar with him and LOVE what he does. Have a lovely SON-day :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am familiar with Wall Builders and David Barton also....have links to his site on my blog....also a link for original documents that is fascinating....good stuff...if you would like a pocket sized copy of the Constitution/Declaration..just get on the Heritage Foundation website..they are giving them away free......it does take a couple of weeks to get one but well worth it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, David Barton & Wallbuilders wonderful organization. I have seen him on several Christian tv shows. They're doing great work.
    I agree about teaching our little grandchildren God's Word. Thanks for sharing about your little grandson.
    Have a wonderful Sonday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe - with all my heart - that the tide will turn on November 2nd. People are realizing the huge mistake they made and are wanting to right the terrible wrongs that have been done. I'm currently reading a great book about the man who is sitting behind the Resolute desk these days, and it's more enlightening than I ever expected. Those who supported him should have known, by his own words, that these things would happen. Time to take back our country. God Bless Us All, and God Bless The USA.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda "Awesome" Post Thanks for Sharing,Using
    the Tools of Your Blog reaching and touch so many others with your message,"Words" of Wisdom

    Blessings to Everyone God Bless Our Country
    Take it Back marching for Our Rights !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God's Blessings to you and your country. We are so priviledged to live in freedom.

    Blessings Gail (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening ladies, I had such a restful day.

    Hi Heather......you are so welcome. Hope your day was a nice one for you! Say hi to your Daddy!

    Hi Dani, Yes we got that booklet last night! My girls are keeping them in their purses. It really was a neat night last night. Thank you for reminding me about that they are giving them out. I will try to put that up. Maybe some will want to get one.

    Thank you Camille....I am so glad you know about Wallbuilders. It is a wonderful organization! I did have a wonderful weekend!

    Thank you so much Donna for the encouragement. We will pray, vote and trust the Lord.

    Hi Trish........Thank you also for your encouragement! We so need to get out and vote! I am trusting that the American people will be letting their voice be heard at the ballot box.

    H gail..........I am so glad that you wrote me. I tried to come to your blog. I would have commented but didn't find anything. How nice of you to comment today. Thank you for your encouragement.

    I hope you all are enjoying your day! Hugs from the farm! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post. We just had local elections. It's sad when people don't take an interest in the issues or vote. We need to be reminded about our freedoms and what it took to get them and not take it all for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a wonderful story. I love your grandson. What a sweet boy and out of the mouths of babes! I love it when children learn what is important in life. God Bless You! Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!