Monday, July 27, 2009

Garden Kosher Dill Pickle Recipe





When we were at Farmer's Market this last Sat. I had a jar of "Our Garden Kosher Dill Pickles". Everyone wanted the recipe, so here it is. It is so easy and you will love it!!! I am sorry I couldn't let you taste them at market. They are so crunchy, because you don't process them. You just refridgerate! My girls and I were in the kitchen last week, trying to think what we could do with our squash. I had the idea to put them in our pickle recipe. We have been making our pickles for about 3 years by putting them in the refrigerator instead of processing them. It works and we thought it would be fun to display them at Farmer's Market and it was a hit.


My garden is getting to be full of wonderful pickle cucumbers!! I just love it. They make the best pickles.
Here are all the ingredients you will need for your "Garden Pickles
Slice all the veggies that you are going to use. I have not tried cauliflower or carrots, but I think they would be good. Add the veggies in layers to mason jars.
Hope your gardens are producing for you and you are busy putting it all up! If you would like to email me pictures of your garden I would enjoy so much seeing it. Don't forget to sign up for our "Clothespin Bag giveaway!!!!!!!
Blessings,
Linda

12 comments:

  1. Gosh those look beatiful. I love anything pickled!! I need to do a few jars of pickled eggs this week to take to my second son Casey (29)in CAlif. We will be visiting him while on vacation out there in a week and 1/2 or so. He loves home canned things...especially lemon curd and pickled eggs...so I will take him a few jars of each.
    I haven't tried the Mrs. Wages..will have to do that. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe Linda :) It looks wonderful!!! I can't wait to try it. Maybe if I can make it to the Farmer's Market this coming weekend I can try it next week. I am enjoying your blog :) Thanks and have a blessed day!

    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Linda! There is way to much talent going on in your blog! LOL! You are one gifted woman! I can't wait for you to open your blog store!!!! Thanks bunches for coming by and for the pickle recipe! I must make some!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my list to try this weekend! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! What a darling blog! Lots and lots of yummy-ness! Thank you for stopping by Sugar Pie Farmhouse, sugar! Got to try those pickles!
    Blessings!
    Aunt Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pickles look yummy. Thanks for stopping by 'Here's a Hand to Hold Onto'. I have mentioned your giveaway on my latest post, hopefully you will have lots of new friends stopping by.

    God bless your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds soooo good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and great pictures! If my cucumber plant hadn't died, I would have tried these. I put my cucumber plant in one of those "topsy turvy" planters and it just didn't do well. i'll try a more conventional approach next year! :o)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pickles looking great!
    By the way, the whole blog looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those look and sound delish, Linda!! Printing this off now (very cute recipe card by the way). Love the pics too. You're a lifesaver... how easy! Thank you :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to try this....your pictures look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!