Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A lot going on today.....lots of blessings.


Tonight I walked around the farm. 

This picture makes me very very excited........you know why? Because it means fresh 


HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY/RHUBARB JAM

I noticed the other day that I had some little nubs coming up and today I noticed all over the patch the baby rhubarbs are coming up....... everywhere. Our family just loves this jam with scones. I have posted the scones and recipe before, but I will do it again for some of you who are new. 

Click and you will get the printable recipe.

I found the Strawberry and Rhubarb Jam recipe here on this blog sometime back.  It is our favorite jam. 

You are going to start seeing rhubarb at the Farmer's Markets in the next few months. This really is a nummy jam so be sure to pick some up. Also it is very easy to grow if you want to try it. 




My Mother in love always made the best whipped cream! Instead of using granulated sugar........ she used powder sugar instead. You will never go back to the other once you try it. 

Here is an idea for a gift....I posted about last year....thought I would do it again, because I have more ladies following. 


 You can print out the Coffeehouse Scone recipe and make a tag. It is so nice to take a little gift, if you have been invited somewhere and this one is real easy to make.

Sift dry ingredients using a sifter.

Sift onto waxed paper.


Put dry ingredients into a cellophane bag and tie with twine. This will slip perfectly into your little bag. If you give this as a gift, you will need to tell them that they will have to add 1/2 cup butter, 2/3 cup buttermilk. 

Cut a piece of fabric 15" wide x 11" tall.

Make a double seam at the top of fabric and sew across the full 15".

Fold fabric from side to side. Sew sides and bottom.

Box the corners of both sides of bag. Draw a 1" line from point. Sew across corners.

Using pinking shears cut off excess. Turn the bag inside out. Place mixture inside and tie with a ribbon.


Cut a 7 1/2" circle of coordinating fabric for the cap of the jam, pink the edges. Place over 
jam and tie in place with a ribbon.

Simple but a sweet gift.

I thought I would also show how I planted the snow peas and sweet peas together it is so very simple to do. 

 The snow pea will have a white flower, but the sweet peas will have lots of pretty colors. As you watch me garden you will see that I also like to put flowers all through out my garden. I love color! 

Snow Peas and Sweet Peas 

Plant 2" deep and 2" apart. 



Here are the panels that I use for our peas, bush beans and tomatoes. A friend gave them to us free and they have been very useful on our farm for gardening. I also use these for our cucumber (pickle) plants. They work great. Notice the paper on the ground. That is from last year. When we go to work the ground the straw and the paper will deteriorate and make the ground better each year. 

Well hope you had a nice day.......mine was busy working on an order this evening. Calms me.

Hugs and thank you for stopping by today.

Click the pic. 

This is a baby Ameraucana. They have little feathers by their cheeks......even when they are brand new like this little one. Amazing!!!!!!!!!
Do you see the little egg tooth. The other eggs in the incubator didn't do anything. I am waiting on the duck. Maybe tomorrow or thursday.   I will try some more eggs in a few weeks. 

click the pic.


WELCOME NEW FOLLOWERS........you have been noticed by me.

May the Lord bless you!

For everything there is a season and a time for every
purpose under Heaven........Ecclesiastes 2:1

We have a new season coming.

Blessings, Linda


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link for the scone recipe, Linda. (The link for the jam doesn't seem to work for me, though.) I love your new little chick. My father used to raise Araucanas. I loved their pastel-colored eggs.
    Have a great Thursday. See you again soon.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Awesome recipes...great gift idea and tutorial....a garden tutorial...and a pic of one of my favorite little chickies. Thanks!
    And..love the blog pic of the Fat Baby boots! They are my fav..I hate to admit how many pairs I own! ;o) Blessings, Mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link to your Strawberry and Rhubarb Jam didn't work for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful post~ I don't know how I missed
    the original scone post but I did...thanks for resharing it!
    I couldn't get the jam link to work for me:(
    Glad to see all the springy happenings on your farm~ we are still having some winter weather~strange for southern California!
    Have a blessed Wednesday dear Linda! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies..........oh please come back. I got the link to work for you. Sorry, not sure what happened, but it is working now. Thank you so much for letting me know!!!!!!!!!

    Thank you for the sweet comments. Hugs, me

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy way to start my day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you have a lot of excitement going on this week! Thanks for the scones link. I think I'll have to try them.
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are hard to keep up with, busy, busy lady! Thank you for sharing your recipes and projects with all of us and of course your sweet sweet chicks too!

    I don't always have time to comment, but I'm here several times a week checking your blog.

    Blessings for your week, may it be productive and full,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your scones and jam look fantastic! Is that clotted cream? The one time I made scones I made clotted cream to go with them--out of this world!!!

    http://www.laughwithusblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got some great things going on today...
    Can't wait to try making cream with the powdered sugar...sounds yummy!
    Thanks for all the wonderful things posted today.
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Linda! Exceptionally wonderful post today...I am going to read it again when I get back from Garden Club! I potted a beautiful dwarf Blueberry Bush today plus the seeds I received from the seed exchange you organized a while ago. Tomorrow I am going to Tractor Supply for my Chic-a-Dee Therapy..I don't have chics but at least I can hold them while they last...they also have assorted ducks...good thing they are not solid milk chocolate! Your blog just picks me right up....so I better get going. The topic tonight is Praire Flowers...what a nice coincidence. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your jam sounds sooooo yummy! I'm going to make some soon. Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow peas and sweet peas! A favorite combination! The jam and scones...mmmm....yummy! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning.............thank you so for writing me yesterday with your precious comments. You ladies are the sweetest ladies in the whole world! I am so thankful for each one of you.

    Well I am off to love on the kids at the college. I will be back home before I know it. My most favorite place to be!!!!!!!!!

    My little chicks are peeping needing some attention.
    Heart you all.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh thanks for sharing!! I love rhubard any ole way I can get it!! I'll try making the coffee scones! I love sweet peas but have a hard time growing them for reason!! LOL Have a great day! XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!