Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Very Busy Day

Hello sweet ladies.............

I have been so busy alllllll day. When I got home I had lots to do, but I will tell you about that later......... first I have to tell you about Ellianna. She is now back at the first hospital. \ 

Hannah said that Ellianna means........."God answered". Now does that bless your heart or what? Sure does mine. She also said this when I told her that I would be sending all the prayers that you all have been praying on my blog. Hannah said..............

Thank you! How special that will be to look back on. I have been reading them! He blesses us in ways that bring us to our knees!

She also said, that Ellianna is back at the "home" NICU. Started feeds again and getting another blood transfusion shortly. Thank you for praying us through a vey difficult week God has been good to us. 

Ladies..........hard times come and sometimes it is unbearable. Been there.........but God is faithful to teach us things through the hard times if we will only trust Him. Not fun........not easy..........but He will get us to the other side. He is always working for our good. What a wonderful thing to think on.

I have been waiting a long time for a prayer to be answered. I have a little barn building that I have wanted to use as a refuge cabin for a long time. I have had this barn for at least 25 years and use it for storage when we had lots of patterns. When we moved over to the family farm we moved the barn with. When we were at a friends house up in Lawrence last October for Late Night.......... before we left her house she said, "You don't need a big window do you".......... ARE YOU KIDDING? Because that is exactly what I needed. I have asked the Lord for help to get this little barn ready for people. I have prayed that we could fix it up for families that are in need......or maybe just need a little break. They would  be able to come and see what it was like to stay on a farm for a weekend. So when Suzanne said, "do you need a window".......well you know why I was so happy. This little barn will be very rustic.........but with a whole lot of stitching going on in it. I can use a sewing machine. 

Tonight a friend came over and helped us put the window in. Mr. Farmer and I don't know how to do such things, but we wish we could. Today after work we learned how. 


Look at the view when they cut the window out.



Now I think we could do it on our own.  My prayer is getting answered..........and it is very exciting. The window is in. Still needs trim and paint, but it is beautiful. Thank you Mr. Mike. You blessed this farm girl big time.



The first company we will be having are 6 college girls they are coming for a bachelorette  party. Now this little barn doesn't have electricity in it (we will use an extension cord)........no bathroom, no running water (got that covered).......not even a sink, but it does have lots of charm, a door and now a window. They are going to love it........well hope they will love it.  I am starting to giggle now.......... I will bless them with food. I think that will work. 


My Taylor and I sat on a little wicker couch and saw this...out our new window. The window looks out to the West.......going to be a beautiful site every evening. Kansas does have beautiful sunsets. 

Thank you Suzanne...........God used you big time.............and Mr. Mike.......you taught us a valuable lesson........now we will go and  help someone else.


Our horse Echo is really having some changes. Tonight she was really different in behavior. Looks like we will have a baby soon. Layed fresh straw down in the stall. Makes me feel better..........don't know that she cares. Praying for a safe delivery.

Thank you again for all the prayers for Ellianna and also for Vitaliy. It is moving slow on our little guy. Waiting on a call from him. Josh and Tonya are still doing lots of things to get ready . It takes so long, but we knew that it would. Just wish we could talk to him more often. 

One more day and we will know little ducks name. It looks like Penelope right now. It will be fun to see what you have named it.

One more day and then I will be home. My granddaughter and I started on a window for the barn. She and I will finish sewing it this weekend. Can't wait to get it up.

Hugs and may the Lord bless you precious ladies. 


Oh and welcome new followers.........you have been noticed by me!!!!!!!!

Linda




6 comments:

  1. What a lovely posting, Linda.. So full of hope and joy ... We all have so much to be thankful for but the little things of life when answered by God does just make one so happy..
    Have a blessed weekend, dear friend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next to the precious people, I miss Kansas sunsets most :) Praying a special blessing on your barn and its first (human) guests, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little barn...what a beautiful window! Your blog is such a blesssing to me. Enjoy your weekend! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you that you got your new window, Linda. God has really blessed you.
    Still praying for Vitaliy.
    Joy & Peace to you ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news about Ellianna, Linda. God is so good to us.

    Love the new window! You are going to have so much fun fixin' up the barn!

    Enjoy your weekend....how many days until school is out?

    Hugs & blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for keeping us posted on Ellianna so we can continue to pray specifically.

    I love your barn idea! Actually I'm praying for two similar things - 1) We REALLY need a barn for goats. We've been learning under a mentor for 1 1/2 years on how to care for goats. Now it's time to give it a try, but we do not have the money for the small barn that would be needed. 2) We have a space above our garage that I have dreamed of making into a guest suite since we built our home 8 years ago. Now we really could use the space for our college age daughter and for others needing a place to retreat to... especially young teachers at our church school, missionaries, and people in need. If you think about these two things when enjoying your barn, would you send up a short prayer that God would provide if He wants us to have these things - or take away the desire!
    Have a blessed day worshipping tomorrow!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!