Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Beautiful Day on the FARM

I loved how this picture turned out. I thought you might like to see what it can look like on a farm when the girls are on the loose! I am really hoping that one of the girls will set on some eggs for me and hatch some babies. 


Hello sweet ladies,

I was walking around the farm this afternoon. I saw this Momma Chickie sitting on eggs by the Potter's Shed. I am letting the girls run around the farm before I get my garden going.  Anyway I ran back to the house to get the camera. I thought she was sitting on eggs and I was thrilled. Well.........I came back and she was off and gone. If she was sitting she would not get off. The eggs were what I found. The girls must be sharing this nesting place, you can see the different colored eggs after she got off. Sometimes they do that. If you followed last year do you remember my Miss Americana Chicken and Mrs. Puddle Duck (when they started laying in the same nest)? They are both gone now. The mean dogs and then the mean old bobcat!!!! It's hard on a farm sometimes. 


Here is a  pic of the dish clothes that I made after I found the pattern on Miss Abagail's Blog.  I did make mine a little different, but hers are beautiful. I am addicted to making these dish clothes. Two of these are for my girl's hope chests. They are so fast and easy to make.  The colors  from Sugar'n Cream yarn are wonderful as you can see. There are tons of colors to pick from. If you go over to get the dishcloth please let her know you have been there. She  really did a nice tutorial for us to learn from. You will like.......very easy.



Hope you all had a wonderful day. The weather here has been so beautiful. We are thawing out from winter. Feels so good.  

Thank you so much............ for all who left me a comment. It was so nice of you!!!!! If you posted about something today........ let us all know and we will come and visit!

Welcome new followers............you have been noticed.........by me!

Hugs and may the Lord bless you,

Linda

8 comments:

  1. Oh Linda you write the best blogs! I read them each day..forgive me for not leaving you a comment. I will do better..bless you! Your pics are also amazing!! I did a post tonight on my 'grandchildrens'...

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a hard day but your posts always make me smile. Thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always loving you ! Linda you make me smile and that is not easy after the difficult work days ! Blessings to you and the family. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to a post from you on your blog, but your pictures are always absolutely amazine. You have a great eye. Thanks for taking the time to write and post the pictures; your blog always encourages me.

    God bless you today, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful photograph of the little hopefuls!! I know it's that time of year to get some chicks. If our snow would ever melt, I'd be much more inclined to put in my order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda,
    I am glad it is getting warmer by you but here in Michigan we just had about 8 inches of snow yesterday. so it is so hard to relate to nice weather. I can't wait though. we usually can not plant things till the end of may. I am sooo looking forward to warmer weather. Loved your dishcloths , they are really cute!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. LInda you are a true blessing to me! I am so happy to know you. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dishcloths turned out so lovely, Linda! Granny squares are just plain fun and as you say, so easy and quick. Thanks so much for sending sooooo many readers to me.;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!