Wednesday, July 25, 2012

You Ladies Are So Much Fun!!!!

Good Morning sweet ladies!!!!!!! 



Miss Millie was sitting in the window this morning to greet me when I went down to the milk house to do my chores......thought she looked so pretty. I am going to have about 3 more just like her that are babies now. She is really a sweet girlie in temperament, she is a Mottled Cochin Banty. I am hoping there is a male in the mix! 

Wow wow wow, thank you for all the emails, comments and just plain fun! You ladies are amazing. I hope you also enjoyed the party! We had just short of 1000 hits on my blog.....wish all would have said hello. smile! We had lots of my freebie downloads downloaded. Some even wrote back to say hello.....I love it when they do that! Lots of new followers added......YOU all are so welcome here! Ladies also said they were going to make up the Farmer's Market Omelet. It is really good. So is the Feel-Good Shake. I will have some new recipes throughout this week and next, so keep stopping by! I will have some little surprises along the way also. 


Yesterday my sweet girl and I worked on the New Farmgirl Chick Tea Towel e-pattern. It is finally finished! If you would like to purchase it is $3.00. If you do......thank you very much!

Click HERE to purchase download. 




The Farmgirl Chick Tea Towel Kit includes a 100% soft white flour sack tea towel, all the fabric needed for the applique, DMC floss and Heatn'bond Lite for all the fabric pieces.
Pattern is not included.

$9.50, that includes shipping.
we take paypal, check or moneyorder
If you want paypal, I will send out an invoice after you email me. 

 If you are interested in a kit, please email me at prairie flower farm at g mail dot com Please put Farmgirl Chick Kit in the subject line. If you do order......thank you so much!


I am working on a kit for the Lunch/Craft Bag. Will have it soon!



Last night, I put on my facebook this picture of a pie my Taylor made. Oh my was it wonderful with a little slice of vanilla ice cream on the top. Ladies were wanting the recipe so. Taylor said to use lots of apples. We had a farm family drop by with a huge seed bag full of granny smith and golden delicious! So she used the granny smith for better flavor and it was so nummy!


Apple Pie Filling
10 apples for one pie cut and sliced
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. flour
1 tea. cinnamon
Mix dry ingredients together before mixing into sliced apples.

Butter Pie Crust
2 1/2 cups flour
1t. salt 
1 t. sugar
1 cup butter
6-8 T. cold cold cold iced water

Mix flour, salt sugar salt and butter in food processor......adding water slowly. Mix until it comes to a ball. Roll out 1/2 of dough for the bottom and place into one pie pan. Roll another out for the top. Decorate as you would like.

Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degree and cook to 30-40 minutes. 

My friend Susan asked me if I put cheddar cheese on the top.....forgot about doing that. I will be doing that today with my 2nd slice of pie!  

Hugs to your day, 

Linda

If you haven't signed up for the Gooseberry Patch/Prairie Flower Cookbook party........go HERE!


P.S. I haven't said anything about the shootings in Colorado. My heart breaks for our country. I know this may bother some, but I can't believe even going to that movie to begin with. Everything is getting all mixed up. Right is wrong and wrong is right in the eyes of some. I know the Lord said there would be a day when that was true......ladies I encourage you to teach your children.....protect them. Grammies........you can have a huge part in your grand children's lives also. If you don't live next to them.....send them letters with truth written between the lines. Tell them what you are praying for them about.......it is a good thing. We have been encouraged by the Lord to train our children in good.

Our daughter Tressa read this to our family the other night. I was so encouraged. I do know that lots of miracles have happened in Colorado. God has not left those who live there. Man gets to choose every day who he serves. God picks up the pieces, I am thankful. Read this story if you would like. A miracle inside the Aurora Shooting: One victim's story



14 comments:

  1. hi linda, I did go see the movie. I don't believe the evil exists in the film, but within the person. I know the differences between reality and "pretend" as we learned from an early age. I so love the good that comes thru from great tragedy, know it is Gods lessons. teach your children about right &wrong, give them your time and attention. don't let others guide them or electronics babysit them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi linda, I did go see the movie. I don't believe the evil exists in the film, but within the person. I know the differences between reality and "pretend" as we learned from an early age. I so love the good that comes thru from great tragedy, know it is Gods lessons. teach your children about right &wrong, give them your time and attention. don't let others guide them or electronics babysit them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow, I found that story of the miracle the other day. Can't remember how...it was a God-thing! Truly amazing!

    Have a great day. It's cloudy here in Colorado, which makes me THINK it will be cooler! We are wilted and dry.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that pie does look delish!
    Makes me wish for apple pickin' weather :)

    Thanks for including the pattern and kit.
    Hope it's available for a bit...as I need to work it into my budget.
    We are swamped with projects around here, and the bills that accompany them ~~LOL!

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe they make movies with so much fighting, shooting and killing. Kids at an early age have a hard time knowing what is real and what is not. It is just so sad that had to happen.

    Apple pie looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks much for the recipe. Can't wait to visit the North GA apple barns this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts are always so interesting and inspiring and delicious!!! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't even like to turn on the news anymore...it's always so depressing...i sit and knit in silence where i can pray for the recipent of my shawls...
    ^)^linda
    ***LOVE the apple pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My chicks are getting so big yours are just so darn cute and mom is just beautiful . The pie looks so delish!!
    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda,

    I'm so glad you are enjoying all your comments! I know you have such wonderful followers! Thank you so much for the recipe..I wanted to ask for it!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  11. A miracle has come out of tragedy once again. Petra's story is a miracle that started in the womb when God was forming her precious body, HE created a "defect" that would later save her life! One more miracle for the surgeons and staff to ponder over while GOD works in HIS way!
    Love and hugs to all,
    and prayers for those who are suffering

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the pie recipe. That is not a movie I would go see. I think we sometimes spend way too much time on entertainment with things that have no eternal value and are not good stewards of our time. I sure hope we get some rain tonight and tomorrow. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tea towel. It is really cute.
    And I promise...that cheddar cheese is divine on the top crust of the apple pie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Petra's story is a miracle. I pray for her mom too with terminal cancer. So much for this beautiful family to bear. I am seeing God's goodness all around the tragedy. I am so sad and I realize because so many who's lies were cut short were the ages of my own children. please check my Facebook page. I posted another bloggers story. She escaped the shooting with her two teenagers! Please read her story as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!