Monday, August 16, 2010

Thank you so much for Praying and Loving us so!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Peach Pie for Sweetie Mr. Phil!

Sweetest Ladies in the Whole Wide World!

First off thank you so much for all the sweet comments. I couldn't write to you yesterday because our internet went off because of a storm that came through on Sunday afternoon. The rain was wonderful. We have been praying for rain and the Lord gave it! 1 1/2" of much needed rain. Thank you very much for all the kind comments. Some made me cry. Remember I am the bawl baby! That is okay though!

Okay, now some of you wanted to hear about the day. You can't believe our hats we have to wear!!!!!! I look so funny, honest. I would see myself in the reflection of the glass and just have to giggle. My honey looked cute and so did Tay.

How many of you have seen I Love Lucy when she was in the kitchen on some of her programs. Well, that was me today. I had this huge mixer. Huge mixer!!!!! I had all my stuff in it like butter, sugar, flour; all the ingredients needed for Lemon Poppy Seed Bread. Now I am having to learn alllllll kinds of new things and it is very hard right now to keep it all in my brain. Anyway I turned on the switch and it had been left on very fast. I had food going all around the area. I turned it off very fast. I looked around hoping no one would have seen. I just cleaned up my mess and kept going. I can tell you it was very stressful. I think we did real good though. Taylor and I are together and she is so helpful. We learned a lot about making sure we have our water to drink next to us before we start working. We went 5 hours without a break and water. That will not happen tomorrow! We didn't have any food until 1:30, and hadn't had any breakfast. Tooooo nervous.

Oh and remember the lady that I thought might be a little grouchy the first day we all met? She came up to me today and said, I just want you to know that I have worked in this kitchen for many years. I have worked for some really not kind bosses, that just would cuss at the workers. She said she asked the Lord to bring some Christians to work in the kitchen with her. The Lord answered her some years back by giving our main boss. Then last year the Lord gave her our Head Chef who is kind and loves Jesus. Then she got real close and she said, "they told me that your whole family loved the Lord." It was so precious! I knew the day we all were there for orientation that something was up. Wow, She said she had been praying for some more. I guess the Lord picked us!

We baked two huge pans of Focaccia Bread, 1 Coffee Cake, 2 Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cakes, 16 dozen chocolate chip cookies ,the oven was not like mine at home and we burned 8 dozen, (on the job training!), 3 large pans of Chocolate Cake and 2 large pans of Blackberry Cobbler, and a Chocolate Truffle Desserts. All from scratch. If any have any good recipes, please email them to me. I need ideas.

I thought I would put a picture of the peach pie I made Mr. Phil. It turned out so good!

I am so tired........ so off to bed. Thank you for praying. I wanted to just cry a few times today, when I thought about my home. I will get over it.........maybe!

Love you all,

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Linda. As time goes by you'll get so use to everything that it will be a breeze. Keep us posted when you can.
    Love the pie.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, what a long day! Just reading your list of baking is exhausting and you still had time and energy to make your sweet man a pie. I'm sure he tasted love in every bite. www.joyofbaking.com sends out daily recipes that might be helpful. I know it's hard to go to work when you are a homebody. I pray the days go quickly and that God will stretch your time at home. I hope you get the long breaks the college kids get so you can have some special time at home. I prayed for you through the day yesterday and last night. Have a very blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you survived your first day, everything should be a breeze from here on in. Not perfect, but things will get easier and the daily routine will set in. The pie looks delicious,Lucky Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeius pie Linda :) I bet Mr. Phil was thrilled :)

    My Mom used to work in a school cafeteria. I remember seeing those huge Hobart mixers. It's a lot of hard work on your feet all day. Praying for you to get good rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been longing for peach pie - homemade, of course. I need to get to the farmers' market on Thursday and buy peaches. Oh yeah, I was going to start writing down my calories...maybe I'll start that after I've had my peach pie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a blessing to work with other Christian people and be with your family doing the thing you love most. God has truly smiled down on you. I know he sees the love in your heart for other people. Just ask him to guide you through the day and he will get you through. I just love your blog so much! I thank Jesus that you are here. I draw strengh from the things you have to say. I was a stay home mom for 9 yrs and it was so nice to be able to take care of my home and family. I was also able to raise my boys from babies. What a blessing to be able to bond with them. We are a really close family. I had a hard time at first wanting to stay home. We took such a pay cut for us to have this. But God blessed us for doing it. I have been back to work for seven years and I really miss being home to take care of everything. God gave me a job though where I can have the summers off and lots of holidays. This really helps me to do the things I need to do to keep our family balanced. When you are praying for others will you pray for my family too? We need the spirit of God to poor down on us and be the center of our lives. We all love Jesus but he needs to be first in our lives. (Long story.) I know that he can get this done.
    I love to cook and have been looking for the kind of recipes that you make. Is there any way that you could share your pie recipe? I have also been looking for a good biscuit recipe for years. If you have one could I get that too? I know that you are busy so just when you have time.

    Love bunches,
    Christina
    cardinalcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, a very happy belated anniversary to you and your beloved! We celebrated #38 in January. God has blessed us with good husbands!

    Sounds like you have added some new christian friends to your life. God knows just what ya need and when ya need it. Right now, I'm thinkin' I'm needin' one of those delicious lookin' pies. MMmmmmmm, ya got me droolin' like a rabid dog down here on the Ponderosa! Heeeheheheh!

    God bless you sweetie and have yourself a terrific day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a day! I would have been a nervous wreck. Though baking all those wonderful things for everyone to enjoy sounds like fun to me-just think about how you blessed each and everyone that tasted your wonderful creations made from scratch with love! I hope things start to go smoother for you and if I can think of a good recipe to send you I will. God bless your family on your new adventure!
    Blessings,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pie looks yummy! You were very busy ...all that baking! That is a lot for one day :) I am glad God is surrounding you with Christian women in the workplace.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Anniversary! It was a blessing to hear your and Phil's story. What a testimony to God's grace and wonderful works. I've been praying for your new job situation. I'm sure at first it will be very tiring. I pray that God will sustain you all. May God strengthen you and bless you in this time of change.

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your story of Phil, I think Mr. Phil is going to love that pie.
    Always remeber that God is good and is there for us through good times and rough times and he loves everyone one of us with a pure heart.
    I have been praying for you and I hope everything goes well for you with your new job.

    Trust in the Lord my friend. There are alot of us gals that are very strong in our faith and I am one. I am a Christian and proud of it, same with my husband and two sons.

    God Bless Friend,
    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many days we helped or filled in for the cook at camp during the 6 years we were there. Cooking for 250 is a whole lot different than for a family (as you now know).

    It is HARD work and I remember how it was w/o breaks, etc. My prayers continue for your entire family.

    Praying the good rain finds its way out here, too! The peach pie looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Linda & Family,
    Oh, my heart goes out to you. I am so amazed at what the Lord has done. I know it is S - T - R - E - T - C - H - I - N - G you, and taking you out of your comfort zone(home sweet home). I know He will use you mightily.

    The Lord said to write an acrostic for you for the word stretching, so here goes...

    Sold out - you are sold out for the Lord. "nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." Luke 22:42

    Transparent - not ashamed of your weakness, but glorying in His strength. "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

    Resolved to do His bidding. "Behold the handmaiden of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word." Luke 1:38

    Encouraging: Using your speech to bless and lift up those around you in the Lord. "Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing." 1Thesolonians 5:11

    Tenderhearted - Sensitive to those who are hurting, especially those who are mean or rude. "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

    Christlike: Suffering for Christ's sake "Be ready to do without the comforts of life, as one of the army of Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 2:3

    Hopeful - Filled everyday with a sweet expectation and awareness of God's purpose and plan for you, especially in the lives of others. "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

    Inspired - Coming up with new recipes for yummy baked goods! LOL

    Nurturing - Ministering to the down trodden in spirit. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me; he has anointed me to tell the good news to the poor. He has sent me to announce release to the prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to set oppressed people free." Luke 4:18

    Gracious with your speech. "Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." Colossians 4:6


    I love you,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, I so know how you feel, I went to work 3 months ago and get so homesick to be home sometimes. It will be ok tho.

    I did want to say how important a good pair of shoes is. When you have to be on your feet all day like that, invest in a good pair..it will really help

    Blessings,
    Lynn from Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Linda,
    So happy to hear your two days went well. I worried about you last night as I didn't see a post. Glad to hear it was just Internet. I know your family will do a wonderful job and all will appreciate your great cookin'. Do you dread coming home to cook now? Don't know how you cook for all those kids!! Stay with it, keep your faith as I know you do, and get to bed early!!
    Check on you tomorrow!!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!