Monday, October 3, 2011

What a Day!

Hi sweet ladies,


Hello again, I am on break at work and just got an email from Tress that THEY GOT THE PASSPORT!!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!! This Momma is so happy! They are packing up and going to have to go on that HOT mini bus again for 5 hours. So please when you think of them please pray! Our family is coming HOME! Thank you for all that you precious ladies do in prayer for our fam! You are the sweetest!!!!!!!!



What a day..........woke up this morning at 4:30 and just laid in bed not wanting to get up. My sweet man came in at 4:45 and said "the the horses are out." Out the door we went to track them down. We were going to be late to work. We never are....... so I called in and everything was okay. We have the most precious people to work with! That really started off the day in a mad dash though. We got them all safe and sound in the corral. Must have been something that spooked them last night. 

When I got home after work I noticed that Shelby had only one baby chick with her. My heart sank. I was so afraid a cat would get them to begin with and now it looked like something had. I looked all around and didn't find the other two. A little later my sweet man came to me and said.........."get the camera!" I knew that he had found something good.


Well Miss Shelby..........who might you have 5 feet high up in the tree with you, outside the kitchen window (her favorite place to roost)?" Since she has had her babies I was not sure where she was sleeping at night. 


Out popped a little head. Do you see the baby? She is standing on the branch under her Momma under her feathers. LOVEEEEEEE IT!!!!! Farm life at it's best. I do not know how that baby got up that high in the tree, but there it was. 


Here the baby is again. You can click on the pictures and see the baby a lot better if you would like. So so sweet.

Hope you liked. I was amazed that the baby chick sleeps in a tree, have you ever seen that before?


Just another reminder.......the Create and Decorate/Prairie Flower Farm party is still going on. If you have not signed up, please don't forget to do so if you would like. Scroll down to the last post and please sign up. 


Love all the fall decor found on Pinterest these days! 
This is one of my favorites! 


Cooler days are here for sure........ can you feel them? Enjoying it immensely!!!! Windows wide open, sleeping under cotton sheets and a nice big quilt over the top!  

Cool weather.......my favorite time of year. 


Welcome new followers........you have been sooooo noticed........by me!

Blessings, 
Linda





9 comments:

  1. That is the cutest sight I've seen in a long time. What a wonderful momma hen! That was such an uplift for me today!
    I cannot believe you woke up at 4:30!!!!!! It's 9:00 p.m.....and I hope you are in bed.
    I've had such fun looking at the magazine. YOUR mittens are the cutest item in there....no I'm not partial! :0) They just are!
    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooler days??? Yes, and we love them too...however our week is to have low to high 80's! ugh... But so many love these lingering days of summer.......... smile... We even went and had an ice cream cone today...smile...

    I'm so sorry your day started off so bad...and my heart sank too when you mentioned the missing chicks... But I was so happy and excited when I saw her beneath her mommie...smile... I've never seen chicken in the trees, especially the baby chicks... Thank you so much for another 'wonderful' post... Big Smile and ((hugs)) for you...and your family.

    Blessings...and prayers,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of growing up on the farm and my dad coming to tell us that 'the heifers are out.' Of course that meant getting up immediately to make sure they didn't get into my mom's garden...or to get them OUT of Mom's garden. Thanks for the memory. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda....so happy, they are coming HOME!!! I know Tonya is ready to see the rest of her crew! How exciting.

    Know you are ready to be able to hug Tressa and see her pretty smile in person, too.

    Love the Shelby pictures....she is one chick that definitely marches to her own drum. LOL I think she would look good on a Christmas card...or on a card for encouragement with Ps. 91 on the inside!!! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!

    Praying for safe travels for Tressa, Tonya and Vitaliy!!!! "What a day of rejoicing that will be!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray! What awesome news!

    Loved the pics of Shelby and chicks also -- too cute. She is one smart hen to take to the trees like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your family will be together again soon! That was the best news.

    I lost one of my milk cows last week so our other, Milky Way, is nursing two babies now. Yesterday, one calf was not where Mama thought he should be and she tore out to find him. When she did, she fussed at him till he got back to the place Milky Way wanted him! It was sure fun to watch.

    I can't wait to hear that T, T, & V are home safe and sound.
    Hugs,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda,

    The pics of Shelby remind me of Luke 13:34 when Jesus said to Jerusalem "...how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings...". Such a sweet picture of His protection :)
    I made that pic of Shelby and the chick peeking out my computer background :D
    And the pumpkin pic is beautiful!

    Praising God with you for the homecoming this weekend! Can't wait to see pictures :)

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda
    It is lovely to have a minute here to catch up on your news. Praising the Lord for V's adoption. It is wonderful that you'll have your family together soon.

    I know whenever you wake up & something is up it certainly is a jolt to start the day.
    Have a wonderful one dear friend
    Blessings
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious mama with her baby! I love the photos. You are your honey are amazing! Always finding a wonderful treasure to share with us. Take care and know you are prayed for daily. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!