Sunday, October 26, 2014

Just what I needed.......a dose of the COUNTRY!

Good SONday morning sweet ladies! 

Psalm 1: 1-6
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.


Yesterday morning I was able to spend most of the morning and part of the afternoon on the farm. For the last month my time  has been consumed by the coffeehouse. I leave in the dark and come home most days in the dark. There has been much to learn and to say it has been different.......that is an understatement! Change has never been easy for me......but I know that lots happens in change......for me a more dependency on the Lord happens! He has been my Rock through this last month! Your prayers have been a blessing....so thank you!



When we drove into the market to take Elizabeth, it was so foggy......... you could barely see in front of you. With the deer traveling we have had to be more careful and more cautions. We hit one about 2 weeks ago coming home....it got the front headlight.  That was not good! 


When we came back from the coffeehouse yesterday the river was lit up! Every color you could imagine. Things like this are simple, but for me every season does something to my soul. It is in the details of creation that I really see my Father's work. It tells me He is there......all the time.....with things under His control. 



Every color of yellow and red by the river....pure beauty! 


Sweet man took me south of our place to our son Jarad's land. It was just as beautiful. There used to be Peace Creek flowing on his land until the state came and had to separate it from the main creek. Now it fills up only when we get some rain! Which for the last 4 years we have not been getting enough to keep the creek bed filled. The trees are huge on Jarad's land. I was enjoying the outside. Much needed time! 


This tree is 50 ft. tall......a many of Stubbie children have played, road horses, had Momma's Day picnics.....hunts  and fished on this land. Generations of families......and more to come! A gift from our ancestors.

I continue to learn much at the coffeehouse. Sorrow comes through the doors.......women who are burying their Momma's who unexpectedly died.....and they stand in front of me numb. It is heavy stuff! You can't run from it. Or a Momma who buried her older son.....and she sat at one of my tables.......and wept with her friend.....then she turned to me and told me about one of our chairs. I will show you a pic when I have a chance to take it. She and her husband had the auction that I went to, to try to buy the old Ford truck.....I didn't realize she was the who had the auction. Remember the 16 chairs we bought from it? Well we wondered about this tiger oak chair and she told us it was a pulpit chair from a church. She liked that chair a lot. I told her to take it.......that we could put it in her car. If she doesn't take it I think I should put a bow on it for her CHRISTmas present. We sat and talked......she said the rose that I fixed up in a vase that someone else bought for them......well she took all the petals and dried them and put them in a jar. To remember her son......never knew the Lord would use my hands to comfort someone else and I would get to hear the story.  Again......I lean on my Savior......to help me so that the pain doesn't ingulf me. And then the Lord sends a little girl, who's name is Leah who comes through the front door of the coffeehouse....on a dead run to jump into my arms....and we talk about her day.  She has red curly hair......she is 5 and adorable. She makes the time fun when she is there....she eats my sandwiches...and a cinnamon roll frappe...she made the drink up and Tressa makes it for her! Another blessing is when......the college boys who need to study the Word.....come and sit at the table with all the chairs that we bought at the auction......and then my sweet man opens the Word of God and it pours out into these young men's souls....and they talk and talk! 

 The days are long and we have been strengthened by the Lord..........because that is what the Lord does......


but at the end of the day you are tired...and then you came home......and you open the mail box and there is a gift. I have had many from you precious ladies and every time one comes at the right time! I was beyond tired.......it was after 9 (at night) and the day had been long......I opened the box......well really I ripped the box open. Two adorable chicky towels. See the little henhouse at the top right? I have one of those that looks almost like it that isn't painted...(I love the little flower box on the outside).....a must.... I am going to paint it just like this. Sooooo Francine......one of our Prairie Flower Farmgirls......thank you so much for being used to love on me....it was a fun way to feel blessed before going to bed! 

Blessings from the farm today and may the Lord bless your day with rest!!!!!! 

God Bless you!

Linda

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful time of the year!
    And a lovely gift, nice to be blessed by someone who feels you are a blessing... as we all feel you are <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you.

    BLESSINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda, I'm so glad you have a day of rest. Your new job sounds so busy, but so fulfilling. You are such a blessing to so many.. Your photos are amazing and so inviting. My, that tree is gorgeous...especially knowing its history. smile..

    My prayers continue for you and your family,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pictures, beautiful post, adorable towels. Praying for you Linda. Glad things are going so well at your new business.

    God bless you all


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that everything is going so well for you! You are such a blessing!
    And, I really enjoy your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, you are a delight! I am so happy I shared such a wonderful time with you yesterday! Now I know that road to your coffeehouse. So peaceful and a wonderful trip. There will be many more, God willing! Coach says we have to come back for indoor track as Nick ran his best race yesterday with us there! Lol! Spent time with Nick last night. Met more followers of our Lord. I am at peace knowing he is surrounded by loving, young men and women trusting the Lord. His friend Jordan, who is group leader for their bible study told us, "While others are out partying and getting crazy I am playing child hood games like tag with my Christian friends! Shared many situations with us that the Lord turned into good for His glory! I feel so blessed. Hard to think about getting intot hat daily grind, but you are so right. The Lord puts us where He needs us!. Love you my friend! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. tnx for share linda, i enjoy every experience on this blog ! blesses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!