Monday, April 13, 2015

Best Sugar Cookie Recipe ever!!!!!!!!!

Hello sweet ladies, 


I had to show you what my Taylor gave me for my birthday.........pure sweetness!  The cookie jar has a rooster on the top........perfect.......then she wrote my name on the chalk part on the front. Inside she made me our family favorite cookie recipe cookies and decorated with our favorite butter cream frosting. Isn't this the cutest idea for a gift? I was spoiled by my kids and I loved it!!!!!! Momma's need that once in awhile! 

Deluxe Sugar Cookies 
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 farm fresh egg (I wish I could share mine with you)
1 tea. vanilla
1/2 tea. almond extract (a must)
2 1/2 cup unbleached flour
1 tea. soda
1 tea. cream of tartar

Mix thoroughly butter, confectioners' sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract. Blend in flour, soda and cream of tartar. Cover; chill 2 to 3 hours. 
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough in half. Roll each half 3/16 inch thick on lightly floured cloth covered board. Cut into desired shapes, sprinkle with granulated sugar, we don't do this step because we frost ours. Bake on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 7-8 minute.

Butter Cream Frosting
1/3 cup soft butter
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tea. vanilla
1 tea. almond extract
about 2 Tbl. milk 

Blend butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla, almond and milk; beat until frosting is smooth and of a spreading consistency. 

I put this up on my Facebook and said I would share the recipe if anyone wanted it. Here it is. Hope you have as much fun as we do making nummy sugar cookies. They are really the best we have ever had!!!!

How are you all doing? We have received straight from heaven much needed rain. Thankful. It came down so hard and really creamed out my rhubarb........it will come back!!!!! We love all the rain we have been given from our Heavenly Father. He answered our prayer for sure!


Blessings to you,


Linda

22 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, You have a very lovely and thoughtful daughter. That is a very precious birthday gift.I love your frosting. Sweetness! I am going to try to make these. I had my Easter cookie cutters and never used them this year. Lots going on. Good to see you here. Love and Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I have been searching for years for a good one. I'll have to make these before my garden season gets the best of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sugar cookies sound yummy!!! What a precious gift. You are indeed one loved momma :) What a thoughtful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sugar cookies sound yummy!!! What a precious gift. You are indeed one loved momma :) What a thoughtful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda
    Sounds like you had a great birthday. Cute cookie jar and I haven't made cookies in a long time I will have to make this recipe soon.


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet!! These like very tasty. Hope your birthday was great. GOD BLESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yum.. i'm thankful your birthday was blessed even more than thought possible. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds so delicious. I'm sorry I've not been by for awhile. I hope all is well with your family.
    God bless!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for commenting on my blog!. It's nice to know that you enjoyed the photo of my daffodil silver. Yours must be very special to you. I enjoyed a little peek into your wonderful blog. The cookies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for commenting on my blog!. It's nice to know that you enjoyed the photo of my daffodil silver. Yours must be very special to you. I enjoyed a little peek into your wonderful blog. The cookies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cookies sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds delicious!!!
    Summer blessings to you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda! Cute cookie jar, and wonderful sounding recipe. thank you!! I miss your more frequent blogs, but I enjoy keeping up on facebook. Who am I to talk about infrequent blogging anyway? lol! Bless you and yours. I still hope someday I can visit your coffee shop! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your article is very interesting, I wait for your next article.

    greetings



    Asuransi Pendidikan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Impressive article. I like this article so much. It is really nice to read and i am very happy to read this. I have get my writing papers from top thesis writing help

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so proud of you being able to spread the awareness through your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. To have a better hype to your facebook account, Individuals spend cash to Buy Facebook Followers to quickly obtain hype online. order facebook followers

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can market your business by including as several facebook likes as you can, as individuals always seek brand names as well as products that have bunch of likes on facebook. buy real usa facebook likes

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The post is very nice. I just shared on my Facebook Account.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nordic Ecigg har som mål att alltid sätta våra kunder först och att erbjuda e cigaretter, ejuicer och e-cigg tillbehör av hög kvalité och till rätt pris. Våra många år i e-cigarett branschen har gett oss stor kunskap inom området. Vi lyssnar på våra kunder och har en ständig dialog om kvalitet, produkter och sortiment. https://nordicecigg.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!