Sunday, August 23, 2009

YODER HERITAGE DAY


As you all know my sister has been here for the last week. We have had such a wonderful time. We decided since Yoder Heritage Day was going on on Saturday, that it would be a neat place to take her. We saw everything from Pony Pulls, Mutton Bustin, Antique Tractor Pull and a Quilt Auction. It is really a must to see. Their are lots of Amish, Mennonite and Englishers (Fancy, me). There is lots of food and interesting sights to see. Hands down though Demelia's Quilt Co. was the highlight of our day!
This is the owner Cindy and her daughter. We were having so much fun talking, that I didn't get her daughter's name or maybe I did and I don't always hold that in my brain real well. Sorry!!! My sister and I had so much fun in this quilt shop. They have worked so hard at making it look sooooo cute, so that when you walk in you feel right at home! The name of the shop is Demelia's Quilt Co. I love the name. It fits the store perfectly. I found some wonderful vintage pieces and my sister found some flannel. We truly had so much fun and the girls there are just an absolute delight. They will treat you like you have been friends forever.
This is the place to be!!!!


Cindy used antiques throughout the store to display all her quilt books, fabrics, patterns and notions.
The red section was a must stop for me!


We left the store and my Phil and I saw this precious little boy! I just had to take a picture! I didn't get the little boy's face to respect the Amish.

He was just looking around for something to play with. Look at those sweet little chubby hands.
They had lots and lots of horses. They were beautiful. We have 5 ourself so it was a treat to see some others.
The Mutton Bustin as they call it was fun to watch. They didn't stay on to well this year, but we still enjoyed watching. Last year our grandchildren did this. I laughed so hard.
I can't wait to start sewing with the new fabrics I got at Demelia's. I need to get some orders off first, then I will get busy. My sis and I had so much fun on the day we got to sew together. I wish she lived next door. We are truly so grateful for our friendship. I had to take her to the airport today. It is always hard, but the one thing we do know. We will spend eternity together and never have to say goodbye again!!!! Hope all of you are doing well. I think of you often. I am so grateful for everyone that comes by and leaves a note. It brightens my day. God Bless you all and Cindy and daughter just be looking for me. It won't be long I promise. Then I will get the name and won't have to call you daughter. smile You can leave a comment and invite everyone to your store!!! mmmmm.... that would be a fun thing to happen. Ladies if you go tell them I sent you.
Blessings,
Linda

8 comments:

  1. Hello Linda, I just had to say how much I love your introduction "Please bring a cup of tea etc", it is the most welcoming and beautiful group of words! It made me want to sit down with you and share a pot of tea and chat! I am from Victoria, Australia and am new to blogging. Please visit my blog at http://annsquiltingjourney.blogspot.com/ Keep well and thanks from me for a fascinating blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like alot of fun! Love the Amish boy:) You and your sister are so cute together, so glad you had a wonderful visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, thank you so much for the great pictures and kind words of our wonderful community and for our quilt shop. My daughter's name is Amy. You and your sister were so much fun to have in the shop. I can't wait to see all the fun things that you made from your finds at Demelia's Quilt Co. Please come back soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda~
    Were you in Shipshewana? That is my favorite place in the whole world to visit. We were there this summer and ate in an Amish home. Oh~I can still remember just how wonderful it tasted!
    It looks like you had the most wonderful day!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that little boy is too precious! What a great day you and your sister had. I'll have to check out Demelia's online and see how far away it is from me. Nice shop! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Amish way of life. I traveled to an Amish community this summer, and can't wait to go back. Have fun sewing with your new
    fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i loed it there hope i can go again next year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, your blog is beautiful. I love the pictures of the little Amish boy....what a sweetheart!

    Your snowmen faces are adorable, too! Wish we were neighbors so you could teach me how to do it! I would love to see the finished product!

    Lots of love,
    JeanM from Sugarpie forum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!