Friday, December 28, 2012

My Silly Girl!


sweet ladies!

Look at my silly "Girl"......she has all the food that she would want eat. A lot of the "Girls" eat out north of the house under the cedar tree... right under our kitchen window. My parent in loves had bird feeders up that were given to them from their family as gifts. They are still there, but to them I added one of my galvanized pans. A lot of birdies will gather at one time around in. I love watching the hens scratch all day long. They are so close for me to watch and I can really watch their silliness! Everyday Goldy will fly up and entertain! She does share though with the


  Daddy and Momma Cardinal 
who live on the farm all year long.

and Dark-eyed Junco found here

Do you have birds around you? They are so peaceful to watch I think and during the winter and summer we make sure they have water and seed. 

It is a quiet day here on the farm......enjoying every minute of the peace that surrounds me. I will be bundling up soon and going out to do some of the chores.....checking the little ones down in the Milk House and the big girls in the big coop....burrrrr! It is still so cold here. 

Hugs to your day and may the Lord bless it,

Linda


7 comments:

  1. Good afternoon! How I envy you those beautiful cardinals! They don't leave in this region. And your junco is quite a surprise--the ones who live here are black-capped, not at all like yours. I didn't even know there were other varieties! How very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bird feeder I can see from my kitchen window. The chickens love to scratch around under it. Now that we have snow...the deer have been under there too. I cut down my huge sunflower heads and saved them for the winter. I hang them on the side...the birds love it. Blessings from Ringle, WI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how very sorry i am to read about the passing of your little mother -- what do we do without our mamas, dear Lord? we carry them with us in our every day and especially deep in our hearts! we make sure that our siblings and family see and feel her in us, in our words and deeds. with the deepest sympathy! rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very sorry to hear about your mom passing away. It is so hard when you lose your mom. Mines been gone 12 almost 13 years. A day doesn't go by when I want to pick up the phone and talk to her. This past year I'v need her more than ever because I found out I have end stage renal disease, Waiting for a kidney transplant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love the birds! I just put out some suet for the woodpeckers yesterday, and was so glad to see the juncos back this week! They stay around till spring then there off for other parts. So glad the cardinals, Carolina wrens, chickadees and nuthatches stay around! I have three feeders around that I can watch from my kitchen window. The mourning doves are grounders usually, but once in awhile they plop themselves at the feeders and try to balance their big bodies, so funny! We have the long squirrel proof ones, so are pretty narrow for the biggies but they are still able to sit there. What beautiful creations by our loving God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet! I do love watching birds. But blue birds are such bullies! My oldest sis told me that and my middle sis has them in her yard. All the little birdies are eating and those mean ole blues come over and shoo the other birds away! Very naughty pretty birds! I had some robins last spring and they even forced the the poor squirrels away from the food! Those robins are so fat they can barely fly away! LOL! Thanks for sharing the nice photos. Blessings, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!