Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Winner Of The Prairie Flower Book Bag and Cookbook! IS?

The Prairie Flower Book Bag has a pocket for your water bottle,
cell phone and library card.

I am so excited!!!!!!! The drawing has 15 more minutes before we draw a name! I thought I would start working on my post now, because it goes out by email today at 1:00 p.m. I have had so much fun with this drawing. Reading all the cookbooks that you all have in your cupboard has me so curious!!!!!! I do want to take some time and look them up. With my Dad and all being in the hospital this last week did not give me the time I wanted to do that. I really want you to know though you brought A LOT of SUNSHINE to my day. Reading about who you are and what you like makes me fill like I am so rich in your friendships. I do want you all to know that I do care about you and love you bunches!!!!!!

Here is the Prairie Flower Book Bag and Cookbook! The winner for this is

Judy C. from Black Cat Quilting

Judy said, Hi Linda,
First my wish is that your father has a speedy and uneventfull recovery.
second one of my favorite cookbooks is a Betty Crocker book
my mother gave to me years ago.
Have a joyfull day
Judy

Isn't that the sweetest? That is how all of you are so caring and I love you for it!

I also picked out 3 more winners for a small gift!


Lorus, (she doesn't have a blog)

and
Rhona (she also doesn't have a blog)
"I don't have a way to get a hold of you. Please email me."



I will be getting a hold of you all after I post this. Congratulations ladies and again thank you for all of you who entered. I know that all your comments were read by one another and probably some blog hopping was going on. That is one of my favorite things to do. I have so many blogs saved in my favorites. My girls cringe. It is so funny.
I know where you all are. Hee hee!
I will be doing a tutorial for this Flower Pin, which is on the top left hand
corner of the bag for free. That will go up this week sometime.

Okay, another thing. The Prairie Flower BookBag will be an e-pattern for $7.00 (had to change price to $7.50). If you are interested please leave a comment below with your email address or just email me. The pattern will be full of fun ideas and recipes. I will make it worth it for you to buy. Also, it doesn't have to be a Book Bag only. It could also be a kitting bag, craft bag, quilting bag, market bag, you name it. I will be working on the tutorial this week and it should be ready by the middle of next week. Pray things don't come up with my Dad. (smile)



ARE WE HAVING FUN YET? I had so wanted to have this all done for you today, but our parents come first, right?

Just a little note for who has been praying for our family and my Dad.
One more thing. Yesterday I had to go sign my Dad out of the hospital. The nursing home that my mom is in had room for him to come stay there. He has not been able to see my mom for probably about 3 years because he is on oxygen 24/7. My momma can't leave the home either. In the morning I had called the nursing home to find out what the arrangements were going to be as far as my dad coming and staying there until they can get him stronger. I also asked Teresa the head of nursing if they could make sure Momma looked sweet for my Dad. I walked in the door and Teresa said. We fixed your Momma up with pearls and a head band. Ha! Is that the sweetest thing you ever heard? My heart was dancing!!!!!!!! Just wanted to give you all a smile. On that note thank you all for praying for my family. You are the best!

GOD has blessed me so,
With You!
Linda

18 comments:

  1. Putting comment up for Brenda:

    Oh Sista Linda! Your news of your precious Mother and Dad brought tears to my eyes. What a God's blessing to have your parents together. God knows what we need, doesn't He? Prayers are still going out to them, you and your family.
    Blessings dear Sista!
    Brenda S 'Okie in Colorado'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the lucky winners! Blessing to you and your family Linda, thank you for the fun giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners!

    It is so nice that your parents can be together again. I did home care and my client had a portable tank, so she could go out and not worry about it. I guess with 24/7 you would have to take a lot of spare tanks to go out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bag!!!

    Love, me (Alicia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your winners!! I'm sure they are thrilled. I LOVE how your bookbag turned out and the lil' flower pin is the cutest!!:)
    Hope you are having a great day, Linda.
    Hugz,
    Cathy ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Linda, Your bag is cute and I especially like the flower pin attatched. Way cool. Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to all winners! Linda, I'm so glad your dad is doing better, and he's able to be at the same nursing home as your mom. So sweet the nurses fixed her all up. That is one cute bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners! AND Linda ~ how wonderful for your parents to be in the same home!! How incredibly sad that they have not seen one another for SOOO long! How precious that the nurses dolled her up for him ~ incredibly sweet. :)

    Love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Linda!
    I cried when I read about your sweet mamma and daddy! I am praising God with you today that they can once again, after so long apart, be together! Oh, I can only imagine their anticipation! How glorious this must be for them both! Yep! I'm smiling!!!

    The bag is just terrific! Congratulations to Judy and to the other winners, too!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the blessed winners! Linda, how precious that your dad and mom are finally reunited! I told my Abby who has a tender heart how they made your mom look pretty and she also thought that was so sweet. Wish we could've witnessed it in person. You are so kind to put so much time into the bag you made, and I'm really looking forward to the tutorial for the flower.

    I'll send you an email requesting to purchase the bag pattern.

    Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda you are so precious! I can picture your momma with her pearls & headband. I am glad you folks can be together. I pray for your phamily each day. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda,
    Thank you so much I am so pleased to have been chosen. I am so happy that your parents will be together, isn't it wonderful how our guardian angels look after us.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. your blog is gorgeous! I just love the layout and header!! Congratulations to the lucky winner - Judy C :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratz to Judy & the other winners. Your bag came out beautifully :)
    I am so happy to hear the sweet story about your Dad & Mom having a reunion...God's hands at work even in the trying times!
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to the ladies who won the giveaway. I must tell you the story of your mom and dad is about the sweetest story I've read in a while. I can only imagine the joy they shared at seeing one another again. Praise to the God we serve. He takes so much pleasure in doing things that make us happy. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations ladies and thank you Linda for hosting such a blessed giveaway.

    I too was in tears when you shared about your mother and father. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard that has been for your parents to be separated like that. BUT...Praise God for He is faithful and just :)

    Have a blessed evening everyone :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet about your Mom and Dad. I want to buy your e-pattern for the bag, so if you want to e-mail me, you sure can. Have a great weekend! (Seems like I just said that yesterday, but it must have been last week.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!