Saturday, October 23, 2010

and The Winner IS...................

You are welcome to use this picture if you like on your blog.

This is one of my allllll time favorite little flowers. Almost pure red and in the fall it is the most gorgeous color deep color red. Just a hint of white in the middle. It is right out my back door and it greats me everyday when I get to come back to my HOME!

Thought I would share some flowers with you! It is called a Scarlet Red Verbena. It is
For YOU!

Okay now we have all been waiting for the second contest winner and it is

SHERRY

she said:

I love that magazine and congratulations for winning 2nd place and being featured in the magazine. I have just been looking at that magazine for the past few months and have really enjoyed it. I love to make old fashioned sugar cut out cookies at Christmas. I makes me think of my Mom when we bake them.

from



Thank you ladies from the bottom of my heart for joining in on both of the parties!!!! I so loved having you all on my front porch! Smile! The talk was wonderful and I thought the punch that was brought was delicious! Course we really had to use our imagination on that one!!!!!!


I am already thinking of my next party. This post is my 408 post never thought I would do that!

Please....... please.... yup I am begging! Send me your cookie recipes for the Prairie Flower Farm Cookie Cookbook! I have received about 6 so far and we had a ton of ladies tell us their favorite CHRISTmas Cookie! Just the recipe is fine........picture if you like..little note why......anything you want to say! The cookbook will be a download......free! Can't beat that!


Send to my email along the side bar!

Love you all bunches......until the next party!



Wrote this while out at the fencing site yesterday.........in between helpng My Phil.......just some thoughts.


Today we worked at the fence site........it is so lovely out here. A friend is helping us for a few hours which will be such a blessing for my Phil. I just looked over and whispered to my God that the time the men have will be productive. I was thinking how wonderful it is to be able to pray for our husbands. Last night I was over at Homestead Revival her name is Amy. The Lord is walking with this precious family through a very difficult time. I know that our God is faithful and will meet them every step of the way. On her site she talked about prayer and what the Lord is teaching her. At the time we are walking these things it sometimes feels like we can’t see any growth..........but Amy’s words had lots of wisdom in them. I would love for my Prairie Flower blog family to run over and encourage her if you have a minute. It would be such a blessing to her. Read some of her posts (looks like she has put up a new one)........they are wonderful. She is caring for her precious husband and the time is not here right now for her to do the research needed soooooo she can’t post like she used to. I know the Lord has not left her and her family.............He is holding them very tight at this time.............just like He is holding you..... if you feel like the bottom of your life has dropped out! I was reading in James the other morning on the way to work. He says in James 1 “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” Wow. God will be doing that for Amy and her family.......we can trust Him. Not easy at the time we are walking it. Well, I didn’t realize as I was writing this and had to look in my Bible for the scripture so I could type it. I read the commentary to see what it said...... it is. “We can’t really know the depth of our character until we see how we react under pressure. It is easy to be kind to others when everything is going well, but can we still be kind when others are treating us unfairly? God wants to make us mature and complete, not to keep us from all pain. Instead of complaining about our struggles we should see them as opportunities for growth. Thank you God for promising to be with us in rough times. Ask Him to help you solve your problems or to give you the strength to endure them. Then be patient. God will not leave you alone with your problems; He will stay close and help you grow.” OH MY! You know when you are going through something yourself...........and you read the word and it jumps out at you? Well right now that is what is happening to me. I have been praying about a situation that happened at work last Friday. I won’t mention names.......but a young person did something kind of weird this last friday. I thought it to be quite strange........just kind of creepy. With Halloween and all I guess he thought it was funny. I did not..........at all! When I asked if he had left the item on my work table he said “maybe.” I was really not happy! Something inside me just felt creeped out! So I said "I thought it was really not nice"............and decided to ignore him for the next 20 minutes until I would be leaving for the weekend. Tay, my daughter said..........."Mom..........I think he knows that you were not happy". Well I was......not happy........but now that I read this commentary...........I am thinking I kind of blew it!!!!!!! Oh man.......now I have to go to work and say that I am sorry.........for not being kind........ not that I was mean.... I just didn’t talk. Not that it excuses his behavior (he probably doesn’t think a thing about what he did) it was just that I was going to make it obvious that he was not on my “happy list of people” right at that time. Anyone relate out there? You can pray for me as I go. It isn’t hard to apologize ........because if the Lord shows me I am wrong........I so want to please HIM..........I just need the relationship restored. The person used to have a walk with the Lord..........now he does not..............I pray for him all the time.......found out that his family had really been hurt by the church..........been there done that.........they haven’t gone back. That should never keep us long from the Father’s House. So please pray for Amy and her situation with her sweet honey and for me with my co-worker! I would so appreciate it............ Thank you sweet friends!


Have a wonderful wonderful Son'sDay! He made it.........you can rest in it!


Hugs from my FARM to your HOME!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture! Those flowers are gorgeous!
    I wanted to share this scripture with you

    The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
    Psalm 15:4

    I will be praying for your co-worker, for you and for our fellow blogger.
    I truly believe God brings us together with certain people as we walk on this journey called life. He has a work for you in each life you touch. That has helped me immensely in dealing with some "hard" cases......God bless you today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Linda!

    The flowers are beautiful, most especially because they are RED!!!

    Congratulations to Sherry! I am sure you will love the magazine.

    I would love to visit Amy. Praying for God to use me to encourage her. Thank you for bringing people together, Linda. That is an awesome ministry.

    Here is my "take" on your situation at work. The young man is guilty, even though he may not realize it. You feel you are guilty of letting him see your displeasure with him....even though, in the "natural" he deserved as much. I think God is going to use this situation *I pray God is going to use this situation*. When you apologize for the way you treated him, it will allow him to *see* the love and forgiveness Yeshua offers us, even when we are the transgressors.

    "But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." ~ Ge 50:20

    Praying God uses you and this situation to make a way to bring this lost stray back into the Father's loving arms. May your words, Linda, be like a healing balm.

    Blessings & hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all that is going on. We have been going through trials too and it's easy to feel like you are the only one, at least satan wants you to feel that way. We all need to pray for each other. Love, love, love the little red flowers, so cheery! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely flowers. I do love red :) :) :)

    I'll be praying for the situation at work and also for Amy. I was aware that her and her family are going through some challening times...and it really is an honor to pray for people...especially ones that I haven't met in real life yet :) :) :)

    Have a really good week this week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Cheryl (above) said it SO well (re. the co-worker thing). Her words instructed ME, too, about an incident in my own last week. The joy of the Lord WILL be your strength tomorrow (well, today, too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. I hope your enjoying a beautiful day with your family. Congratulations to Sherry on the win. I don't know if she could possibly be as excited as I was but I'm sure she's thrilled too.

    I loved your post today. It's always sweet to read about your fellowship with the Lord. I certainly will go by to visit Amy and leave a caring word. I know myself just how much that means and what a difference each comment can make. Thank you for sharing it.

    Honey, your one of the sweetest girls I know and I'm sure what your co-worker did was unsettling and that you reacted quite normally. I'll have both you and your co-worker in my prayers for a comfortable reunion tomorrow and that God works through you to help this young man.

    Lots of love and good wishes to you.
    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you sooooo for leaving a comment today.

    Window.........I love that verse you gave me. I will keep it before me! I also thank you for your prayers. I know the Lord will meet both of us tomorrow! thank you for stopping by!

    Thank you so Cheryl for your advise and wisdom! It spoke to me also. You ladies are very precious and I love your concern and helps! I really have enjoyed this young man.........he is a little different......but I know that the Lord has me placed to encourage him to know Jesus someday. He does ask me questions.......some days lots. smile!

    Jeannie........sorry it has been tough for you! Life is hard.......yes we do need to pray for each other! I sooooo agree! I am praying. Hugs!

    You are a sweetie Heather! Hope all is going well with you and your Daddy! Have a great week!

    Hi Becky......isn't it cool how the Holy Spirit works in all of our lives on the blogs? Love it!!!! Hope all is well with you!

    Hi Tracy.......I haven't heard from Sherry yet, but I am sure I will. I am so glad you were happy! Thank you for your encouragement!

    You are all so sweet to encourage me along........and thank you so much for praying!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda,
    I think that your Cookie Cookbook idea is wonderful! I hope to be sending a recipe very soon, but right now I wanted to tell you how much the commentary on the verses from James meant to me. God knows what we need and that was just what I needed for a situation in my life right now. Thank you for sharing and I will be praying for your co-worker situation and for Amy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda

    Wow this is sooo awesome how you your blog has spoke to me in many areas first of all I want to say I will be praying for you and your co worker and I will get some cookie recipes to you I love cookie recipes and I would love to share some of our family specialties to you for a cook book that would be awesome!!! I would also like for you to please pray for a dear young man that was in my older daughters class that is fighting for his life he is only 20 years old this has been a hard weekend for our children and there class has come together and are praying for him!!! His name is Erik , his family needs prayer too!!! Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!