Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7th Building Our Homes Together with JESUS!

Hello sweet ladies, 

Thank you to all the ladies for signing up to the last Building Our Homes Together with Jesus. I so appreciate each and everyone of you that do so. I am learning so much from you all. Here we are on our 7th!!!!!!! Each week you link and we are being encouraged to think of many things we can change in our lives for the better. Better Mommas, wives, helpmates, friends, studiers of the Word, retainers, keeping our HOMES better organized.........thanks to you! Totally LOVE IT!


Amy is at it again over at Homestead Revival, it is always so much fun over at her blog. She did a fun post on clotheslines.  Her new clothesline is gorgeous. Her honey has quite a way with lumber. Love how he dotes on that girl! Sweet indeed! Please go over and see what I mean. Tell her hi for me! 

Here is my clothesline.

I went outside to take a pic of my clothesline. It is NOT FANCY, but I love it. It is in the woods.......well I call it the woods. Others may not. My mother in love (Jo) had her clothesline up in the same place......between the 70 year old elm trees. They planted the trees when they first moved here on the farm. She had two clothes lines, we have three. It's so special for me to think of two woman who loved this farm and have hung clothes on the same lines. My honey put new cotton rope lines up, just as she had. I spend a lot of time looking at the sky praising the Lord when I hang our clothes. It is a habit! Do you find yourself doing the same?

I love having the freedom to go out and hang my laundry every day I want to on the line. Would you have ever thought you would say  FREEDOM to hang your laundry? Sad that so many can't!  I like  hanging each and every piece up (represents each of my family), always hear the birds singing and just makes me feel close to my Father. I spend a lot of time praying.......it is such a sweet time.  I love to fold my families clothes too and put them away. My girls are such a big help also. They don't seem to mind.  The best part is the way they smell when you take them off the line.



I have noticed a lot of different homemade laundry detergents that you can make up yourself on blogs. I have not done so yet, but the last time we bought store bought detergent......... it was getting so expensive. I plan on making it the next time around. I am going to use my friend Mary Jane at The Beehive Cottage recipe on her blog. I have seen this same recipe on other blogs, but her's looks beautiful! I am going to use pink Zote in mine instead of yellow.  Here is her blog site with the Recipe. 

I just found the website called Tipnut the other day. I had heard about it a few years ago, but had never gone to see it. I like, a lot! It is full of wonderful things to make and do. When I was researching for this post I found some really neat things to make for laundering your clothes. Here are a few. 



I found this Home Scented Fabric Softener
I am so excited to go and pick my own mint from my garden!


Soap Jelly Recipe, Laundry Stain Remover



Here is another tip sheet  I found very helpful for stain treatment. 

I hope you enjoy looking at all these money saving ideas to help in keeping your laundry expenses down. I am looking forward to seeing how it works for our family. One thing I am learning in  Building Our Homes Together with Jesus is all the resources that are available  to help us save. Being wise stewards of the money the Lord gives each of us is so important. After I compare prices I will let you know. If you have any tips please leave in my comments.

May we be woman in "Whatever you (we) do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men..... Colossians 3:23

Here is how to link up to
Use the linky below in four easy steps.
go to the bottom of my post and it will say
You are next click on
Click here to enter

Up will come this.
1. Enter a link to your blog post
2. Enter a caption
3. Enter your email
4. Upload a thumbnail (picture)

One more thing if you want to link all the linkys to your blog, there is a place that says GET THE CODE HERE.



Please put our Building Our Homes Together logo on your blog and have it link back to us! Thank you!


Praying for you sweet ladies!

Blessings, Linda

P.S. I am having a party........come and sign up if you would like. It is the last post. Oh and our new apron is on sale!


9 comments:

  1. Just us early birds, this morning, huh? Thanks, my Linda, for the tips. I always love to get natural product tips. I'll have to try the fabric softener and the stain remover. We always need stain remover around here! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your link up. Thank you. I will be adding you to my link up page. I just adore your site! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda!

    I too love hanging laundry outside. It just doesn't work in winter up here, so I truly appreciate warm weather and being able to use my clothesline. I used to make my own laundry detergent and loved it, but sadly it is no match for my hubby's greasy, grimy logging work clothes.

    (If you look around on my blog you will find a post on packaging homemade laundry soap to give as a gift. Sorry I don't have time to find it and link to it here, or I would.)

    Isn't Tipnut wonderful??? I have gotten so many great ideas (craft patterns too) from them.

    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda! Thanks for the great tips! I enjoy reading your blog everyday!


    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made Maryjane's homemade laundry recipe powder recipe, too. I made my huge batch back in December and blogged about it. I used pink ZOTE soap, because it's cuter and smells so good. How cute is that...to have pink laundry powder? I think it's adorable :) :) My dad loves it, too :) :)

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, thanks Linda for using my laundry detergent recipe! I love it and every time I open the container it smells heavenly! I see Heather commented here on using it! She wrote up a sweet post about it.

    Have fun doing laundry!
    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I meant to tell you that you're laundry is the prettiest!! Who's line wouldn't look lovely with such beautiful garments!

    Thanks for linking up!
    Praying for you, too, today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda,
    you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Maryjane's laundry powder recipe. I fell in love with it because it's pink. Dad and I were spending so much money on store-bought laundry detergents. We're both unemployed and that gets to be spendy. So we really have to pinch pennies. T his is a great recipe. If I remember correctly, Maryjane said it works out to about 150 loads, depending on how dirty y our clothes are. When you factor in the cost of the supplies divided by how many loads...It is really pen nies compared to what you pay in the store.
    One thing is that the pink ZOTE soap is super soft. It is really pliable in your hands...but that's okay. It will mix up really nice with all the other ingredients ;) :) Plus it has a really nice smell, too :) :)
    I looked up the Tipnut website. It's so CUTE!!! I signed up f or their weekly em ail newsletter :) :) I was kind of hoping they had an actual Facebook page. They don't yet..but I can share a link on Facebook if I choose. thanks for featuring it on your blog today :) :)
    My cousin lives in an HOA a nd they can't have a laundry line in their backyards, because it would mar the neighbor's view..Well, it makes me wonder why the nei ghbor needs to see into one's backyard anyway. I think she has a foldable unit that attaches to the wall. I'm not sure. I have a clothing rack that sits inside the dining area, in front of the sc reen door. That I can do...but the management won't let us have one outside here at the apartment complex.

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda,
    I have been making my own laundry detergent for a few years now and just love it. Thank you for the hits and tips you posted with uses for vinegar and the stain removers. I will definitely print the information and put it in my home management binder.
    I loved the look of the pink Zote and searched high and low to find it. I finally did and did not like the smell near as well as the Fels Naptha. Maybe I got a bad batc, but it smelled like insect repellant to me.
    I do like the savings, though.
    Have a great evening!
    ~Teresa from Lancaster, PA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!