Monday, September 24, 2012

Autumn Washcloth Hand Towels

Hello sweet ladies......


I have been crocheting on the wash clothes that I bought from 
wal-mart some time back. Sometimes I have to just sit out front in the cafeteria waiting for kids to come in. It has always been hard for me to just sit and do nothing.......so I brought my crocheting to do. I have enjoyed it....a lot! 


Remember these? You can now get 18 for $4.00. Found all the crochet thread colors I needed to match at Hobby Lobby. Some are the little small size 20 and some size 30. 


Wash clothes
US7/1.5mm crochet hook
Matching ball of crochet thread extra fine 30 size or 20.

Instructions:
The wash clothes I bought already had a blanket stitch around the wash cloth. That made it easy for me to start stitching. Begin with a slip stitch along one side of the wash cloth. Do a single crochet  into every one of the blanket stitch space. When you come to each corner, do 2 single crochets in one single crochet on each side of corner. It will help your shell stitch lay better. Single crochet all around the whole wash cloth and slip stitch into the first single crochet. Now to start your shell stitch. Start with one single crochet in the first single crochet of first round. *Skip 1 single crochet and do 6 double crochets in 3rd single crochet* Repeat this all around the washcloth. Tie off. Easy and really fun to make......doesn't take much time either. Fast gift! 


To finish the washcloth hand towel off. 

Cut a piece of 1/4" ribbon 6" long to make a loop for the top corner of washcloth.  Cross the ribbon as shown in the picture. Pin and sew in place. To make a yoyo cut out a piece of matching material using a mason jar lid for the pattern. Sew the yoyo to the front of the ribbon where it crosses. Now it is ready to hang on a peg near the sink. Easy to wash. I am making these up as gifts for the Autumn season. You can also just make washcloths in the different colors, stack, tie a ribbon around them and give as gifts. One lady said when I made the white ones, that she uses hers as napkins at their table......cute idea! Would love to know if you make any!

Hugs to your day......oh, one last thing....the young man I told you about on Sunday.....he wasn't eating today, but he came in and said, "Hi Mom".......nice way to start my day!Told my Tressa and Taylor......they smiled.....they are learning also! 


Thanking the Lord for divine appointments! He has a plan.....I want to be a part of it!

Linda

7 comments:

  1. Really adorable autumn washcloth hand towel! I am not very good at crochet but I'm sure I can find someone to help me learn to make this. Thank you for sharing! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! My grandmother used to put shells like that around her washcloths and did shells on all of her pillow cases and towels.
    I really never have done crochet. i know how to do the stitches so I may have to see if I can figure out how to do these.
    Thanks for sharing. You always have such awesome ideas.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing.... Can't wait to make a few. Now to find me some fall-colored wash cloths!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very dear, Linda! Isn't it sweet being included in God's plan for this young man's life? God is so good to encourage him and you, too.
    Your little gifts are perfect and so charming with your special crocheted edging.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! You are such a gem! Can't sleep. Hannah's little dog is in our bed, snoring away! LOL! Our son Jeremy is taking his little old fellow Bandit tomorrow to have his teeth pulled. Pray all will be well with him! He is an old doggy!
    It is such an honor to be the blessing God wants us to be! I always loved the sweet crocheted doilies my grandmother made for us! I have a scant few here in my home. Oh how I wish I made more of those little treasures!
    Enjoy your day and keep working hard for the Lord!
    Hugs and Blessings, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea! Thanks for sharing it Linda. I will see if we have those wash cloths here in Canadian Walmart. Such a nice way to change an every day item.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!