Sunday, April 4, 2010

I have to tell you what happened to me this morning. I will never forget it! The other day we found a tree in the pasture that had long thorns. Mr. Phil cut some branches off for me as I wanted something to have an impact on my children and grandchildren. Some years back I had made a crown of thorns for a piece in the front of our church. I laid just a plain piece of red velvet and the crown of thorns on top. It was really powerful. Well, anyway this morning I got up early to make the crown of thorns. I poked myself many times. I thought of this verse. Mark 15:16-20. The soldiers led Jesus away into the palace and called together the WHOLE company of soldiers. They put a purple robe on Him, then twisted together a CROWN OF THORNS and set it on Him. And they began to call out to Him, "Hail, King of the Jews! Again and again they struck Him on the head with a staff and spit on Him. Falling on their knees, they paid homage to Him. And when they had mocked Him, they took off the purple robe and put His own clothes on Him. Then they led Him out to crucify Him. Ladies, when I was looking up the verse to make up a sign to put on the crown of thorns. The cloudy sky opened and the sun shined through the clouds onto my Bible. It was an AMAZING! To know that my Father shined His Light on His Holy Word for me personally this morning. I had to look up and say Thank You! One day every knee will bow just like these men who Jesus said to, in Luke 23:34 "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." They were bowing and making fun. I want to bow before Him and thank Him.................. will you?

I love you precious ladies. May He touch you in some special way today like He did me this morning. I am asking Him to do that, so if you don't believe you will.

P.S. I had already put my post up late last night. I had to drive to McDonalds to use their internet provider, because ours just isn't working right. I had to write another post this morning to tell you my story. I like Mary will ponder this in my heart, forever. The sun is not shining now and it is all cloudy. Hmmmmmmm, Amazing! He is still shining......... in my heart.

Love in Him,
Linda

11 comments:

  1. Linda this brought tears to my eyes! Praise God! Jesus Lives! This is so incredibly powerful and beautiful. I feel like God has called me to witness more and more for Him! You do such a wonderful job. You never pressure anyone but you witness so beautifully for the Lord. You are very inspirational to me. It makes me want to go out and be a better steward for Our Lord. Blessings on this Easter Day to you and yours! Love and Hugs From Anne in Colorful Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that just like our LORD? He shines in so many dark places.

    Have a Blessed Resurrection Day!!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. His words are always so powerful. I hope you have a glorious Easter day.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the love of our Lord to give you this moment with Him. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. May the impact of this moment bless your Easter celebration profoundly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! So glad death could not hold Him!!
    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and beautiful Post Linda, Just so blessed.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED this post! It brought tears to my eyes as it overwhelmed me with love, peace and joy!! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet!! This is definitely delighting in a small pleasure! I love these kinds of moments in my day... it gives me time to stop for a few minutes, look up to Heaven and thank Him for loving me enough to send me a little pleasure in my day.

    Thank you Linda, have a delightful week~

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful personal experience with the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Hallelujah, no grave could hold him, and he is risen, how great he is, and oh how I love to worship him. This is a great post, thanks, Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Post!! God bless you,Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!