Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just About Done With The First Fabric Line!


Isn't this the cutest?

Just dropped in to say hi! Hope all is well!!!!! I was able to go to Stutzman's for just a little bit on Sat. I wanted to stay all day, but I had to get back home and work on the fabric. I was not able to stay to see what Larry had for his Trash 2 Treasures. Made me sad, but the greenhouse was so beautiful. My Alicia took pictures for me. I have been trying to load them for you to see and it is taking forever and won't work. I could only get one pic up, I will show you the other pictures at a later date when we get better internet. We had the internet man by yesterday and he said Monday is the day for our new internet provider!!! Yeah for me! We have been without internet again. We were without all day Saturday and Sunday. Out again on Monday all morning and a little this morning. I am really trying to stay happy.

I am almost done with the first fabric collection, it will go out today. It is really turning out fun. Tressa and I are getting a lot done. It is kind of funny, because when you design fabric it has to be perfect in measurement, so when it is printed off, it will be what they call "in repeat." I messed up with one of the large patches, but as we looked at it Tress had another idea. It was perfect. I was so thankful, because when you work hours and hours to not make any mistakes and you do and then the Lord uses it to be something even better, how nice! When I start designing I always ask for the Lord to help me. He is the "Master Designer" and has thought of everything already. I am thankful that I have one almost done and will finish the 2nd one this week. I worked on two at the same time. I am pleased with what we have to show at the International Quilt Market.

I also talked to the president of the fabric company and I get to design a Baby Collection!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Can't wait. Already have some fun ideas. Here is when you come in. If you have any ideas of what you would like to see in the collection please leave me a comment. I will need a name if you have any ideas. Just let your imagination go!!!

Also, today is my 1 year Blogaversary. I wanted to have a big Party! I still am though! Unexpectedly my brother showed up to pick up his things that we have been storing for him and the fabric has taken up my days. I am going to do something though. I am sorry it won't be today............ really sorry!!!!!!! I promise it is going to be a really fun Party though!! I am hoping by next week. It is my birthday the first part of April, soooooo I will be ready to celebrate!

My little plants are growing and the tomatoes almost have their third leaves. I have broccoli, lettuce, cabbage and flowers in the Potters Shed. I love to put flowers in throughout my veggies. That way it always looks so colorful and pretty. I also started some new seeds that are now germinating. Camomile, zinnias and for-get-me-knots. They are so cute! I noticed that the daffodils are almost ready to flower and my coneflowers are starting to come up. It is definitely looking like spring around here!

Miss you all!!!!!! I feel that without the internet, I have not been able to check in on everyones blogs and I feel out of touch!

Well, I am off to finish the fabric and dream about my "Bogaversary Party."

Blessings to you all ,
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I just LOVE using the old washer for a planter! This is the kind of washer my mom used when I was little. I have very clear memories of her & my gr-ma taking clothes out as it was aggitaing & running them through the wringer. Then they would go out & hand the laundry on the line.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary!!! That is so exciting about your fabric line! I can't wait to see it! I wish I was going to the quilt market but plan to be ready for next year.
    I pray you have a beautiful and blessed Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Have a Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Blogaversary, Linda!! Congrats on designing the Baby collection too! I have been out of 'babies' for a long time, so unfortunately I have no ideas. I'm sure someone will help though :) Happy for you! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I did a farm theme. I used pink gingham instead of the red where I could. I think a girl farm or cowgirl theme would be helpful. Lambs and chicks would be cute.

    Also small flowers. I love flower prints, but small and not overwhelming for a baby's room.

    I hope this helps.

    Happy Bloggyversary!!

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda,

    Happy Blogaversary! You have been a blessing to many for the past year.

    You know blue and brown and pink and brown are so popular right now. Why not use them as background colors for a baby design?

    Please tell us where besides Wal-Mart we can buy your fabric. Our Wal-Marts here have stopped selling fabric and I'd love to see your designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogaversary! I so enjoy reading your blog. Thanks so much for sharing your life. I also would love to see your designs. Our Wal-Mart doesn't carry material anymore either, which I think is terrible, but they did not ask my opinion. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Linda! Happy one year f blogging! Time flys when having fun! Can't wait to see your fabric designs! So proud of you!

    Happy Easter sweetie!
    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the picture of the washer and flowers! Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday/Anniversary also. May God continue to bless this blog and be gracious to you and those that come here and make His face shine upon you now and always. amen amen amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Bloggaversary! My grandma had one of those wringer washers. We used it at the summer house. (it was a little old farmhouse the whole family would travel to during the summer) We used that old machine ,(outside on a dry day) wring the clothes (which was kinda dangerous, but she taught me well) then hang on the line. Great memories. I luv how it is being used as a planter. Very creative! Congratulations on completing your line AND getting a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun that you design fabric Linda! I think you do lovely things and this new line will be no exception I am sure!

    Hang in there...we are all still here and will be when you have faster internet! No worries!

    Have a lovely Easter remembering our dear LORD and all HE has done for US!

    With Love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes...and Happy Blogiversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new line, Linda. I just finished my first line. I'm getting ready to submit to some companies. Any suggestions? Still up in the air on market.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I had my mom's old washer like yours because it makes such a cute planter! I have been afraid to start my seeds to plant inside because we get snow so late. I won that cute little greenhouse at Troy's "I Refuse To Recede". So I think I can start my tomatoes,lettuce and some flowers. I like the marigolds because they say the bugs and weeds hate them!
    Good luck with your new internet! I wish you the very best! I miss you when you aren't around. You are the very best! Hugs & Blessings to you! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blessing for your Easter! Love the wringer planter, and I actually have two wringer washers( one is down for repair and may end up a planter) but the other is my actual washer machine. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda ~ Happy Birthday...that is coming up and Happy Anniversary for your blog. I love the old wringer washer with the flowers. Thank you for sharing all that goes on around your country home! Blessings! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Blogaversary! Your writing is so encouraging - like a little ray of Sonshine.
    I was wondering how to find your fabric line? I don't think you have told us who sells it. As an interior designer by trade and a fulltime mom of 4 girls, I LOVE a good fabric design :).
    - Charity

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy blogoversary...can't wait to see what you have in store to celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your family stories! There is nothing like family! Blessings to you and yours and May You Have A Blessed Easter! Come see me, I did my Alphabe Thursday post ...please come see it if you have time. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!