Monday, March 22, 2010

Time To Transplant At Prairie Flower!


You may use this picture on your sidebar if you like.

Just put that it is from Prairie Flower Farm please. Thank you!


It is sun shining today, so I am going to enjoy it!!!!!

What is happening at your place?


Dear ladies, It did snow, could not believe it!!!! It wasn't as bad as they thought it was going to be. It is all about gone now. Yes!!!!!!! This week we are to have warmer weather, which I am very grateful for. I will have to be in the house though, because I am working on two Patriotic Fabric lines. Any of you that would like to pray for me, please do. Thank you very much. Smile! I do have some of the icons drawn and I just need to start painting. Then I will scan them in and my Tressy and I will start making some fabric pieces. I enjoy designing, but sometimes it can be a little stressful. It is kind of like harvest, when you work so hard and then it is cutting time. Long hours!

This morning I transplanted some of my little tomato and basil plants that were needing it.
You will need some 7 oz. Dixie cups and potting soil.


Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup with a sharp knife.


Fill cup with potting soil almost full and pat soil down. With your first finger poke a hole in the soil. Lift up the soil carefully along the side of little tomato plant after it gets about 2" tall. Handle the little plant very carefully.

Push soil carefully around the plant and fill the hole. I have about 1/2" of the little plant above the top of soil.


Now you will want to have some kind of inexpensive fluorescent shop light. You can use a south window if it has good sun light. You will have to turn the plants though. Keep plants moist with water. I always pour warm water from the bottom or use a tea pot filled and gently pour warm water from the top.

If you would like more information go here. Starting seeds They have wonderful pictures.
Here is another site called Grow Better Veggies, I like to read. If you are interested in starting your own seeds just read and read and read! There are wonderful sites on the web.

Here is a picture of my Roma's last year.

I have this cute little Potters Shed on the side of our big barn. I will show you pictures at a later date, as I get it all cleaned up from winter. Along one side it has a feeding trough that my honey and I filled with dirt. I take my plants out there when it starts getting warmer in the day.Iput old windows on the top to make a greenhouse and later screen window. It is so wonderful to go and sit out there with all my little baby plants growing away. Hope you are getting to enjoy some Spring Thyme weather!

Here is my little Potters Shed.
On my last post some of you wrote me the most precious comments and some personal emails. I loved it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Some out there may be very sad about yesterdays healthcare vote. I am also, but I am confident that the Lord knows what He is allowing. It is for our good. I remember this one pastor telling us that in the perspective of eternity we are a little teeny tiny dot on the line. That is sooooooo true. Just keep your eyes on Him, know matter what we will go through, He will go through it and He will be with us. I am sure of that. Don't quit praying. It is our life line!!!!! He loves us so much. It gives me comfort to know that the Lord has my family covered by His protection. Isaiah 49:16 says., "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Is that not so precious of our Lord to put in His Word? It is His gift to us, for those who want it.

Blessings sweet ladies that follow my blog! You mean a lot to me and don't forget it... smiling!


Happy Spring Thyme
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Linda,

    Thank you for your words of comfort today. I needed that reminder:) Our precious Lord will be with us no matter what happens, won't He?

    And thank you for sharing with us how you do your tomato plants. I want to try that one year, but I'm in the Gardening 101 class right now, just trying to figure out how to garden. Last year was our first.

    Haven't posted in a while but I've enjoyed reading the emails of your posts. Be sure you visit my blog if you want to see my completed tea bag cozy! It turned out so nice. It's a few posts back on the blog. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was a warm Spring day. Today it's snow flurries and a cold wind. We have a saying here in Southern Alberta, 'if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change.'

    I haven't been by for a while and I'm all caught up on the posts I've missed. Thanks So Much! for thinking of me and the Sunshine Blog award. (That's why I was getting more traffic.) Your blog is so beautiful and comfortable. Loved your post about the chicken coop. Aren't husbands wonderful. I'm planning on putting your coop photo on my blog. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda...I LOVE the sight of seedlings. So much promise :)

    Be sure to pop over and enter in for my 100th post giveaway.

    Blessings to you!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your words of encouragement Linda :) Perfect!

    Oh it is far from planting time here. I love seeing the seedlings though, just a reminder of how God take one little seed and produce much fruit from it (if our soil is good and we continue to be watered :))

    Have a blessed day!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda ~ I am enjoying your blog so very much! It shares so much inspiration! Thank you for sharing! I sure enjoyed all of the little gardening tips and the "springy" pictures! Sweet blessings! ♥Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda,
    I have been enjoying your website. The few minutes I can snatch away to read it are not wasted and I love all your pictures and verses, etc.! Beautiful! It makes me miss you and remember all the sweet times we have had together in the past. God bless you. Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa, Yes the Lord will be with us. I can get a little worry some, but I have to go to the Word and choose to believe He is more mighty then anything that is going on. You did such a beautiful job with the little tea cozy pattern. You are soooo welcome! I enjoy making them myself. I loved the gift you made for your daughter. I am sure she loved it. I bet you are having fun learning how to garden. I love working in the garden.

    Hi Lori, that is cute about your weather. You are so welcome for the Sunshine Award. It was a pleasure. Every time I see your little Dorothy shoes on my comments I smile. Love them!!!!!!!! My girls are laying better, because their coop is clean. Yes husbands are wonderful.

    Mrs. P. I blogged about you a little bit ago. Looks like some ladies are coming over!!!! I hope you are having fun at your party and reading all the love the ladies are sending your way, It is a very fun one for sure! Yes, my little baby plants just keep growing everyday!

    Sharon, You are welcome for the encouragement! Do you get to live in the woods? I have noticed some of your pictures. I used to live under a mountain in Juneau. We also had a creek by our house. I used to go in my pj's in the creek. Maybe that is why I go to gather eggs. Heehee I did have a blessed day today. I am painting the fabric lines. I get excited and then panic!!! I have a lot to do. Pray for me if you would.

    Teri, I am so glad you are enjoying us. You are so welcome! I love to garden and can't wait for warmer weather to get the ground ready for fresh veggies and watermelon. Makes my mouth water! Blessings to you also!

    Hey sweet Dorcas! What a pleasant surprise to see you on my blog. I am glad you like our little place on the web. I do miss you, it was so nice the night we got to spend together. We must get together and have a family night. I remember eating on your beautiful side porch! I to miss our times when we all had the bible studies with the Wisner Family. Thank you so much for leaving a comment!

    Love you bunches, Linda

    Thank you every one that left me a comment! Love it when you do! Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your potters shed Linda and all your little seedlings! And the word you shared out of Isaiah blessed my stockings off! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!