Monday, March 8, 2010

A Special Day For Momma!

An act of "Love" lived out by 3 precious young ladies in my life!

We do not have a bathtub in our home, only a shower. Now I am thankful for the shower, but I have always loved bathtubs. Our friend Alicia who we adopted as one of our own kids has a new home (renting from our middle son Josh and his wife Tonya). She lives right next door to my Grandchildren! Can you get better then that? Alicia invited my girls over for a fun night on Saturday. They all cooked up a "Spa Afternoon for Mom" after church yesterday, just for me. We all went to her church together. It was really a wonderful sermon on the talents. As I was listening and gleaning from the sermon, I had no idea what the Lord had in store for my day. Three sweet young ladies where going to give me such an act of kindness that I would never forget and nor would the Lord. He was watching as they served me. After the sermon we went out to Alicia's home. They greeted me with a beautiful glass filled with homemade Blueberry Lemonade. Then they made me close my eyes. Tressa and Taylor put two different fragrances of Bath and Body for me to choose from. Mmmmmm num! Then they scurried back to the bathroom. Then they all entered the room. Alicia had towels wrapped over one arm (now that was cute) to where I was sitting and said, "Welcome to our spa!" They led me to the bathroom.



1. When I entered the bathroom it had a beautiful tray of fruit, cheese, pistachio nuts, candies and brownies. There were candles lit everywhere and beautiful stemmed roses along the side of the tub, so pretty. I had so much time to relax and reflect thanking my God for my precious girls.
2. I left them a love note in the bubbles. Heehee. That was so fun! I can't even relax in a bath tub with bubbles and not create!!!!!



3. Then I was off to the next part of my spa. A pedicure!!!!!! Now that is love!!!! They had an area all set up for me to sit and get my feet done. Can you believe it? Talk about sweet!!!!
4. They had rocks, rose petals, salts and warm warm water. Lovely!!! I know that is Alicia's word, but my word for today! They put on a Chonda Pierce video on that was fantastic! We laughed and cried. Then they......................



5. ......... placed my feet into the water, which had Arbonne Aromassestials Unwind Bath Salts and rocks on the bottom. I soaked for what seemed like forever. They would continue to put warm water in the pan. Lovely! Then they rubbed my feet with Arbonne Aromassestials Awaken Sea Salt. After they got them all scrubbed and massaged they put on this wonderful Mentha Foot Tingling Cream from C.O. Bigelow all over my feet. It was wonderful! Who needs a professional pedicure, when you have family that loves you? It was such an act of humility, kindness, service, honor and love. I thought of when Jesus washed the feet of His disciples. He humbled himself to teach these men service. I am thinking about who is in my life, that I needs to have their feet washed. That doesn't mean we just have to wash feet, it could be acts of kindness also.
6. Thought you might like to have the recipes of the desserts they served me. They are so tasty and maybe you could do what was done for me to someone you love.

Blueberry Lemonade

1 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 cups water
1 pint fresh blueberries
1−1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about
10 big lemons, including pulp but not seeds)

First make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar and water in a saucepan
over medium heat, stirring until the mixture boils. Lower the heat and allow
the syrup to simmer for another minute. Remove from heat and let cool. In a
blender or food processor, puree the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of
sugar. In a pitcher, combine the cooled syrup, lemon juice and blueberry
puree. To serve, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of base into a glass and fill with
water. Makes base for 12 servings.


Brown Sugar Bars
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbl butter, melted
2 Tbl honey
2-3 eggs
1 c. chocolate chips
opt. 1 cup chopped nuts

Mix cake mix, brown sugar, butter and eggs.
Batter will be very stiff! Stir in chocolate chips and spread
in a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.


Cherry Swirl Brownies
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped well-drained maraschino cherries
1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
1 egg
1 box brownie mix

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with
shortening or cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cherries,
cherry juice and 1 egg with spoon; set aside.
3. Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil and
eggs--except spread half of the batter in pan. Spread cream cheese
mixture over batter. Spoon remaining batter on top; spread gently to cover.
4. Bake 39 to 49 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches
from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely,
about 1 hour, before cutting. Store covered in refrigerator.

I am doing better. I am thinking of new goals for my life. Spend more time with my honey and girls, is at the top of the list. That will be fun for sure!

Please remember to sign up for the drawing! Scroll down to the Market Bag, only 2 1/2 more days. I can't wait to see who wins!!!!!

If you want to leave a comment of a day that someone loved on you, please do. Maybe we could all learn some new ways, that we can touch people that are in our lives. I love stories!!!!!

Love you all for the sweet comments you left over the last few weeks. They encouraged my heart so much. I will always be so grateful for you all at this time of grief. The Lord noticed!

Blessings,
Linda

29 comments:

  1. What sweet girls you have to do that for you! That shows that they have a good example in you. I HAD to show my girls this sweet idea. We all loved the pictures! I don't know of a sweet lady that could resist a hot bath and a pedicure, or the sweets for that matter! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing that the girls did, just what you needed.
    Everyone needs a little love and pampering, once in awhile.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can manage to type, through the tears, is what a blessing! It is so wonderful to see a daughters' love for their mother. But oh the Father's love for His daughter! Whew that's some powerful stuff, right there. It brings my favorite song to mind "How Deep The Father's Love". ~**Sniff, Sniff**~ This story touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful blessing......

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was soooooooo much fun!! Glad we could bless you!! :)

    Love ya,
    me (Alicia)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linda, how precious! What sweethearts they are and you are so deserving of their selfless service! Heavenly! Loved your little note you left in the bubbles! Happy you had such a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special day for such a special person!
    I received the sweet Valentine's package, thank you so much! I've been sending e-mails etc but having some computer probs so I hope that you are getting them!
    Thinking of you & praying too dear friend!
    I haven't forgotten about yoir package~ I've been sick for 2 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and well-deserved treat for you, Linda! Thank you for sharing the recipes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings, blessings & more blessings! How incredibly sweet. It brought tears to my eyes.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice to be present when they rise up and call you "blessed"! What a treat!
    They must have a wonderful momma :)
    Blessings, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Treasured memories to ponder always!
    You so deserved that special day!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a an extraordinary blessing! So happy for you! :)
    ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh honey.. what lovely girls you have. They love their mama so much! What a wonderful surprise for a very deserving, special woman.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is a message from Sherry,
    Linda, I'm so thrilled that the Lord blessed you so with this pampering. I know you certainly needed it after
    all you've gone thru. I'm still praying for you all. This spa treatment looks and sounds even better than going
    to a real spa - there you are not pampered as much as what you received. Isn't our Lord so good to us. I know
    He truly smiled when He watched you. You are definitely loved by your family and friends. May you continue to
    know of His great goodness. I've always found the Lord to be so good to us.

    Take care,

    Your Friend In Joy,

    Sherry Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful blessings! You are so well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a precious gift!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, such sweethearts to do this for you! You raised them right girl! How nice to have a day just for you and what a wonderful place to start thinking about future goals. Have a delightful week~

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful way to be blessed & well done to the girls for such a great idea.
    Thanks for including your recipes - they sound wonderful.
    Hope you have a good week
    Renata :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful and special day for you and your daughters :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Linda,

    What a blessing indeed! How SWEET of all your girls to take care of you and pamper you! It loks and sounds lovely :) Thank you for sharing your blessings with us and the recipes too!

    Have a beautiful day in Jesus!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing your special day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Melita ( life with nannie meme )March 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM

    Hi Linda..Thank you for your lovely comments that you left on my blog , also thank you for following me . I love your blog , i came across it this morning and i loved the way you share your life ..its wonderful for me as living in England it feels as though i'm right there with you and your family ...so thank you for sharing that ..I am so sorry to read of your recent loss ..i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers God Bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful! I know your heart was so full. Thank you for sharing this precious moment. God always has ways to surprise His children. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Linda how precious those girls are!! Coming from a professional here, I am very impressed! They really know how to get thru to a womans soul do they not? Beautiful gesture!!

    I speak from experience knowing what it is like not to have a bathtub. We lived in a house for 7 years without a tub only a shower. When we bought this house, it came with a tub ;-))), I came here one morning after getting off work at the ER nightshift to have a bubble bath before we even had moved in. We had no curtains on the bathroom window but I didn't care cause it had a tub!!!! I know it was a special treat just to relax in a tub!!

    I love all the products that they used too!! Good choices!!

    You sure deserved the pampering!!

    I hope you got my ecard last weekend. It was sent from the heart!!

    Love always,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so sweet! What a blessed momma you are!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely thing for your girls to do. And you must have thought you were in heaven. Hope that you enjoyed your spa day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Daughters are such a gift, mine always know when mom just needs a hug, or some special time.
    Looks like you are blessed with wonderfull daughters as well. I glad you had a nice Sunday you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful thing that your girls did for your. Your spa day looked beautiful, and thank you for sharing the recipes. How blessed you are to have such thoughtful daughters.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh what a wonderful idea and so sweet. I am sure you sat back relaxed and thanked God for such wonderful girls in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!