Friday, March 12, 2010

Signs of SPRING!!

It is looking like spring around Prairie Flower Farm! I am so excited. I can't hardly stand it!!!!
Look at my rhubarb!
This little baby rhubarb is making my mouth water. It is making me think about the Strawberry/Rhubarb Farm Pies we made for Farmer's Market. I will get that recipe up for you tomorrow! It is so nummy!

You have to tell me is it doing the same where you all live?? The other day the sun was shining so nice and warm. I feel like we are thawing a little bit.

Strawberry/Rhubarb Farm Pie
Phil came into the house and said, "you have to see this". When we moved last year from our old farm to the family farm (that Phil grew up in), we had to move during the cold. It was one of my most miserable memories. We moved our refrigerator and had to store it in the barn. The front is still off and Mrs. Cluck decided to make her home in the freezer section. Smile. For some reason she had two eggs on the outside and was sitting on two. Looked so funny!!!
Well isn't Mr. Tom happy this morning. He was a gift from our oldest son's family for my birthday last year. He is huge!!!!!! He fits so good on our farm. His wife died, so he needs a new one. Need to go to the Farm Store!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. and Mrs. Duck have been jumping in and out of mud puddles. I can't wait f0r her to start laying on a nest. Spring is close and I just can't wait. Need some warm weather, so I can get outside and start playing in the dirt. Are any of you having a garden this year? What are you planting? It has been a long hard winter. I am glad it is almost behind me. I need sun!!!!!!!! real bad!!!!

Love you all!!!! You make my heart shine! Please tell me about your garden plans. Do I need to know something that I need to plant on Prairie Flower Farm?

Blessings,
Linda

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Linda!

    Things are finally starting to thaw after having snow the past few days. I am anxiously awaiting my garden. For sure, plenty of tomatoes will be planted along with Cinderella Pumpkins, Green Beans, Snow Peas (for my pup Tirzah and some for us if she chooses to share :)), Probable some Squash, Beets and greens. Peppers haven't done well at all here so I am writing them off and using the space for something I know will produce.

    Your turkey is beautiful! Someday we would like to raise some poultry.

    Have a blessed day Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are warming up here in VA. The snow is finally almost all gone. Now we have lots of mud. The early crops I will plant are lettuce, onions, peas and cabbage. Corn, tomatoes, beans, peppers, squash and anything else I might have room for come later in the season. I have to be careful and not plant too early as we have had frost as late as the end of May. Thanks for the pictures. I can hardly wait for the rhubarb recipe. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday, Linda...the sun is out here in Palm Springs area..temps supposed to hit 80 for a day or two next week..nice enough to open some doors and get some fresh air in.

    What kind of pie is that, is that the crust..yes, must have recipe.

    No gardening here, just some trees and plants in back yard..no grass yet, just DIRT. our of money so dirt it is for a while I presume. Where is the money fairy when you need her? lol.

    blessings to you and yours Linda,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous turkey! He looks so regal! I love the hen in the fridge! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. our rhubarb is up too and getting leaves.....we have the garden plots all ready for planting...roto tilled manure in a day ago...can hardly wait to start but its still too cold at night here...gets down to freezing so will have to wait a week or two more...it was a wonderful day here today, in the mid 60s and very sunny.....happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I love your pics today! That hen in the freezer is too cute! What a fun picture! Poor Mr. Turkey :( He looks so sad! But your strawberry rhubarb farm pie looks yummy! Recipe?
    Blessings to you and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda!
    Our rhubarb is up and tempting me also! I can hardly wait for you pie recipe!
    I raised turkeys a few years ago! They are really quite endearing birds, aren't they! And Mrs. Cluck is hilarious!
    I am just ready to plant my peas and Sweet Peas. I have so much that I would like to plant! I always plant lots of carrots, green beans, tomatoes, lettuce, beets, swiss chard, potatoes and flowers.
    I get so excited just talking about the garden!
    Yes, hope the sun starts shining real soon!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!