Tuesday, March 2, 2010

His Mercies Are New Every Morning!




I am pinning a little rose on every one of my grand babies clothing,
so they will have a memory of their Poppa.
You are welcome to take this photo for your encouragement on
your blog if you wish.


Just wanted to check in with everyone. Thank you for all the sweet comments. Today we will have the viewing and tomorrow we will bury Poppa. Shannon my sis is here and we have been enjoying one another's company. We are sleeping in the same bed at night and talking the night away. She snores, I don't. She says I do, but I can't imagine that I would do such a thing. She was totally humming this morning in her snoring. I wish I would have had a tape recorder. I know the good Lord has been giving us times of great laughter. The days are getting easier, just because I know that Poppa is breathing the best air ever. Isn't that so wonderful? One of his pastors told me that yesterday. Makes life tolerable to think more of Poppa then me.

One more thing, when I get all nerved up, I get fever blisters. Now that is just not cool in my book and it would be okay if I could just stay home. Well, I will only have to see a few hundred people........ personally.......... face to face............. sad for me. My Tressy said, "They will understand." I know that's true, but it doesn't make me feel any better. My sister said that she has some psychedelic bandaids. She is not funny either. If any of you have had a fever blister you know that every day it grows. Oh man, I am just not happy about this. So again I ask for prayer. I have been begging God. I am an old women, so maybe He will answer. Maybe if a whole bunch of us will ask????? Thank you sweet ladies.

I have one more fun thing to add. I was in my Dad's closet well not in it looking through it for a suit. I saw this big red sweat shirt. It said, Red Socks (I thought). Well, it was kind of in funny style letters. One of my darling daughters said, "Momma why are you wearing that thing?" I said, "Well Poppa liked the Red Socks and it is warm. Then both the girls laughed and said, "It doesn't say Red Socks it says Hip Hop!" So I have a problem reading. Honestly it looked like the words Red Socks. We giggled and laughed so hard. The other thing was Poppa liked the Dodgers. I didn't know that. I think I am going to get new glasses. Also, I am still going to wear his sweatshirt. It is to my knees, but it is warm. Plus it will remind me of someone very special in my life.

The guineas just made a whole bunch of noise out the window. My sister said,"what is that? We told her that it was the guineas making noise, she said that she thought it was a ring tone. Tressa said, "That is when you know your from the city."

Please remember to sign up for the Market Bag drawing if you haven't already. Love the comments!!!!! They have been the sunshine of my day's this last week.


You are such precious ladies!!!!
Linda

21 comments:

  1. Dear Sweet Linda ~ I am praying for you and your family. Everyday will bring a little more healing... God is good ~ all the time :)
    Hugz,
    Cathy♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you and your sister have been able to support each other and share some laughter as well as tears. I'm sure your Poppa would like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad in the middle of sadness you are still able to have some fun times with family! I'm still praying for y'all!

    I get fever blisters too and boy do they aggravate me! I usually put Abreva on them when I first feel them, and they go away a lot sooner then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda!
    I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you so much lately and praying for you! So glad God has sent your dear sister to share sweet memories with.
    Hugs and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda..thank you for taking the time to *check-in* with us bloggy friends. Praying for your fever blisters...my youngest sis suffers with those...every time something is stressful, here they come.

    Enjoy your time with your dear sister and your memories of your dear Poppa. What JOY to know he is in heaven!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda,Thankyou for stopping by my blog, so sorry to haer of your loss. Its not an easy thing I have lost both my parents, a sad time.
    My thoughts are withyou.

    Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Linda,

    You are such an inspiration. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I have to agree with your poppa's preacher. Can you just imagine the Glory Poppa is seeing at this moment! I know the hole left in our lives when we lose a loved one (I lost my mom and my 15 yr old daughter), but this is not goodbye, this is till I see you again. God is great! Death has no victory on us. May His strength, love, mercy and solace pour out over and cover you from the tip of your head to the bottom of your feet, sister. Hang in there, His promise to never leave or forsake you is unfailing.

    In Christ,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I am praying for you & your family. What a comfort to know your dad is with his Saviour - out of pain and breathing freely.
    Thanks for taking the time to share those funny bits with us - you encourage us even when times are hard for you.
    May the Lord comfort and bless your family.
    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  9. May God continue to rain down His blessings on your family during this difficult time. Don't forget to take time to just rest in Jesus' sweet arms. Will pray for you and your family. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda,

    You sure got me laughing at your funnies! Isn't it a gift that God lets us laugh in the hard times? You remind me of my sister and me and how we alternated between giggles and tears after my Dad passed away. I still have his flannel pajama pants that he wore so often towards the end, and they fit me. I wear them every once in a while.

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. . . . Oppsies. . .I just hate when I make a typo and don't realize it until I've already posted my comment. I hope I haven't missed any more mistakes . . .

    Dear Linda,

    I am new to your blog and am just getting to know you. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of your entire family and praying for you all.

    I pray that the Good Lord sees fit to shrink your fever blister or cause it to disappear completely. Then hopefully, that will ease your strain. If not I'm sure that no one will think anything of it. They will be more concerned with your feelings then anything else. Besides, when we look people in the eyes they see through the windows to our hearts. Not the blemishes on our faces.

    I have enjoyed your blog so far and getting to know you is going to be grand. You seem like such a beautiful lady with a very kindred spirit. I just know I'm going to like it here!

    Blessings to you,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, you are the sweetest and neatest thing! I'm so thankful that God has allowed you times of laughter! Thank you Lord that your mercies are new each day!! We don't deserve it at all, but He loves us that much! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mom, praying that Jesus will walk with you through this journey. Praying still about coming out in a coupld of weeks. Trying to work it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. May God richly bless you and your family. I have had good results with lysine---- http://tinyurl.com/ycmys5o

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh no, i get fever blisters when stressed too!! really bad ones too. i got one last month, and when i went to the doctor they took one look and said, "i've never seen one THAT bad before!" uff da! i completely understand and am so sorry!

    i blasted myself with the lysine vitamins, extra vitamin c, and used a lot of abreva. there is also a prescription you can get (valtrex) if it's a big one.

    i will be praying for you! i know how miserable those can be.
    blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm still smiling from reading your comments. See you're not alone... we've all had those ole fever blisters. I too am praying for you though... and about those blisters too. You're fearfully and WONDERFULLY made. I love your verse from Lamentations and I'm getting a glimpse of heaven from those pink BLOOMS! I'll definitely be lifting your picture! His mercies ARE new every morning. -- and What a good idea to pin a rose on all the grands.

    I can only imagine how difficult your day has been.. and my heart will be with your family tomorrow. May the peace of God that no one understands be with you and carry you through.
    Lea
    <*)))><

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. I will be thinking of you and praying for you.

    I feel your pain with the fever blisters too. Zovirax is another wonderful antiviral drug that works miracles on those things. It's a Rx and I wouldn't be without it! I will join you and the other ladies in prayer that God will touch it and heal it.

    Hugs to you, Linda.

    Love, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. I completely understand about the fever blisters. My dad suffered a massive heart attack at the age of 57. He was a bee keeper and had asked me the morning before he died to feed his bees for him. Of course, with all that happened I did not remember to do this until the morning of his funeral. I was setting the feeder on when, you guessed it, a bee came flying out and stung me right below the eye. I went to his funeral with the entire left side of my face swollen. My eye was swollen shut! What a sight I made. I hope my story has brought a smile to your heart. Take care and know you are in my prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Linda,
    I just found you the other day off the Gooseberry Patch blog...and you are beautiful! I hope to spend some "spare" time just enjoying your farm.
    A big hug to you in your sorrow; and I am so blessed by you and your sister sharing your nights together...that is just like me and my sisters!
    May the Lord comfort and bless you richly today.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linda, first let me say that I;m sorry for you loss. I'm sure you miss you Poppa very much. I like what you pastor said about him breathing better air now it's true he is in a better place.
    I get fever blisters too I call them cold sores, I do use Abreva it ehy do clear up but I also get Valtrex for the doctor, they're pills and the help get rid of them fast and keeps them away.
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!