Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life Is............

My sweetie brother who is a year under me just drove down our country lane to drive back to Nevada with his families belongings, that they have stored at our farm. Our lives have been lots of hellos and goodbyes over the years. I really like the hellos, but the goodbyes are very hard for me. My brother happens to be one of the funniest guys I know, besides our oldest son Jason. The Bible says, "laughter is a good medicine." We laughed and laughed during his stay for 5 days and that was good. Now he is on his way back to his home. I am sad today, not that I am not grateful. Its just that I know it will be some time before I see him again. That is the hard part. So....... today since I am done with the first fabric line I will take a break from art and go outside and get some gardening done. Hmmmmmm....... that will make my heart happy and I can just spend some time with my Jesus and pray for my sweet brother. He will be going over the Rockies and he is going to need prayer :< )

This morning my Phil read from Philippians 2:1-18 to our family before my brother left. One part that did stand out to me was in verse 1-4 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affections and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. I am thankful that my brother and I do have the fellowship of the Spirit, and our joy is complete by being of the same mind. It has not always been that way. Our family was not raised in a Christian home. Our parents did the best that they new and for that I am grateful. I could say more because there was lots of sadness, but I do believe with all my heart, that the Lord knew the home that I needed to be in. He did give me a choice of how I wanted to live later as I grew up and could make my own decisions on how I wanted to live. A lot of the things that were in our home, I chose to change when I started to raise my family. One of those was to have a Christ centered home. Not a perfect home, smile, that will be in heaven!!!

If you think of us today, please pray for safety for my brother and that I would be thankful for him that he gets to go home and see his precious family!!!!

Lots of ladies have been emailing me about where they can buy our fabrics. Well in certain Wal-Marts that have fabric they sell it. So many Wal-Marts closed down the fabric sections. Thought that was a bit strange! Hancocks and JoAnns fabrics also sell it. Yesterday when I talked to the president of the fabric company said that I can sell it also on our blog. Sooooo, as soon as some fabric becomes available I will let you know. My Phil and I will see what we can work out so you can maybe see the fabric designs before it comes out and then you could pre order. The one thing about fabric nowadays is that they order only a certain amount and that is it! We will definitely see how we can make it available! Tomorrow Wal-Mart will be looking at the fabric line we just finished. It is called, An Old Fashioned 4th. I am sooooo excited to show you. Turned out really fun! I hope they and you will like.
I am going to my garden and will enjoy this warm day they say will be in the 80's.

Love you all bunches and we are preparing for Easter to celebrate the New Life in Christ!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I will pray for the safety of your brother. Congratulations on your new fabric line! I would love to garden today but the wind would blow me down the road and into the lake! LOL I will be potting my willow seeds today, keeping them safely on my porch.
    God bless you and yours Linda this Easter and always.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray right now for your brother as he travels. I am on my work lunch break so I can't work out in my yard today. Thank you for the inspirational post. It is so exciting to celebrate the Lord Jesus every day as I see your family does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for safe travels for your brother.

    How exciting for you to do something so interesting!! I've never known a fabric designer. I work at Hobby Lobby part time and buy my fabric from there (with my 40% off coupon!). You should contact their buyers and sell your fabric there. I would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda..thank you for this beautiful blog. Your brother is in my prayers for a safe trip home. I hope you enjoyed your time outside in the lovely weather. We had the same weather here in Iowa today. As I sat out on the deck this morning I could only 'thank our Lord' for the day!

    Blessings...

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Linda ~ My prayer will be for safe travel for your brother and also prayers for your family during your brothers way back home! Thank you for sharing so much inspiration and the sharing of the things that are going on in your home! You are a blessing to so many! Hugs to you! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I for one cannot wait to see your fabrics!

    Prayers said for your brother on his journey..praying that he makes his journey home safely.

    hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post. Linda, I am so happy that you chose Christ. Sometimes I think people raised in a Christian home just figure they're Christians without the conscious decision to chose Christ. So God knew what He was doing by placing you in the home you grew up with.

    Looking forward to seeing your fabric line, too. What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your blog. I am encouraged, especially with Scripture involved. I too have been reading Phillipians and have been going over and over Ch. 4. It is one of my favorites!

    I can relate to how you feel about your brother as well. My brother is sooo funny and I just love him to pieces. He is 6 years younger than me. I had to be his momma for awhile growing up, but now I enjoy just having the sister/brother relationship.

    I will be praying for your brother as he heads West. I am very familiar with going over the Rockies. My family is from Oregon and my husband's from Texas. We have lots of memories traveling that route!

    Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda! Thanks for the comments. I will be praying for your brother. I also have a brother, ( love him dearly)he is so funny. I don't get to see him as often as I would like, but hopefully I will see him this Easter when we go to a Church that has the The Path to the Cross is an interactive Easter drama depicting Jesus' life as He journeyed through Jerusalem in His final days. It's very real looking.
    I hope you have a blessed Easter!
    Prayers and Blessings to you!
    Sandy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for a safe trip home for your brother, and hope your Resurrection Sunday is a wonderfully blessed one.
    Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you and your brother. What a privilege we have to be prayer warriors for one another!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!