Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New Day......In Jesus!

Good Morning sweet ladies........


Vacation is officially over.......and I have to say the time off was a blessing to myself and I think also to you.... from the personal emails and comments I received over this last month. Loved all the chatter that went back and forth on fb. Thank you for being there when I lost my Momma! God has really been precious to all of us.......knitting woman across the miles......encouraging one another just when we all would need some love! I have to say that I sometimes tell the Lord over and over thank you for the community He is weaving together here! You ladies are going to be mentioned in my blessing jar a lot this New Year! 

Please pray for us as my family and I go out into the mission field. If you have needs for your day....... for those who will be Home loving your precious family, teaching your children, a husband who needs your constant care.....or if you are out ministering to those in need.....whatever the Lord has called you to do at this season of your life. I encourage you with this verse........to love kindness......and walk humbly with God. Sometimes I have some pretty selfish young people that can be hurtful who come my way at the college. The Lord has called me to love kindness for each of them? I looked up the word 

"kindness".......warmheartedness, warmth, gentleness, care, helpfulness, thoughtfulness, unselfishness, selflessness, compassion, understanding, big-heartedness, friendliness, hospitality, generosity.......there is more to the meaning of kindness then I thought. I am printing this off to put it in my pocket today.....as I go about baking for them today.  When I study the Word I always look up important words, I get a better understanding of His truths.  


Well, it is time to go get ready.....know that you have been prayed for this morning......I just noticed on my fb a family that follows just had a fire last Thursday. The husband and wife are safe.....but need direction. They have a place that they can stay in as they make some sence of all that has happened. Please keep Sharon and her sweet man in your prayers. 

Hugs from the farm, 

Linda

11 comments:

  1. Blessings on you, Linda! I love the sign. For those who struggle, trying to figure out God's will, as though it were some elusive,confusing, unreachable thing, Micah 6:8 sums it up. Have a wonderful day in the mission field!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.....I like the sign also.....a good reminder when I go down to the milk house! I agree with you!!!! It has been really sweet this semester. The kids are feeling more comfortable with us. Hugs to you!!!!!!! me

      Delete
  2. BLESSINGS on your first day back to work for 2013.

    We can all have more kindness toward others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blessing! It is going smooth, but very busy at the college! Yes, I have to be reminded of being kind!!!!!

      Hugs, me

      Delete
  3. Thank you for being here and sharing yourself with all of the rest of us.

    I just copied the definition for kindness. I will be carrying it around with me for a while. It is so much more than I thought. More kindness is on my list of resolutions for this new year.

    Also, I am decorating my blessing jar. I am a bit behind but I want something in there for every day this year.

    Sending you hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it that you all come and visit with! Very special!

      I love the definition of kindness. Neat you are doing the same! Our jar at work is filling. Really wonderful!
      Sending hugs back atcha! me

      Delete
  4. Oh Linda,
    I am in bed with a sore back and thought "Now that I have some "down" time, I'm going over to see Linda". And I literally gasped out loud as I read so many past posts. YOUR MOMMA! Your precious Momma. I am so so sorry to hear. I just feel awful that I have not been reading lately. I know that your faith is strong and you are feeling that she is home. She is safe in the arms of Heaven. She is at peace with the Lord but it certainly doesn't make it easy here without her. Earthly pain is so hard. Tender heart for you missing your visits. You always said her eyes always spoke to you. I am so saddened for you and your family. I will be praying and praying and praying that you can be strong and heal. And now you have headed back to work....you have so much change right now. Bless you so much. You have a blessing jar which is just precious but you really are a blessing to so many. YOU will be in so many jars in homes.
    I won't keep you any longer but I just had to write. I felt so drawn to visit you tonight.
    I am hugging you from afar.
    Blessings, love, condolences, and many many thoughts....
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, I have thought of you so often. Thanks for the lovin! Precious gift. God has been so precious. I know a lot of ladies are praying. I have little pings of pain.....God taught me much during the CHRISTmas season. Amazing time of His love towards me personally. Some day we must talk. Want to hear about your Momma. Love you sweet friend!!!!!!! me

      Delete
  5. Hugs to you Linda. That verse today is a verse I needed. I have a friend who has lung cancer. She needs me to be a friend to her right now. She needs some kindness and some friendship in her life right now. I pray that the Lord will help me through this time with her. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Gla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Glaphre, I am so so sorry! life here so is stinkin' hard!!!!!! He will......I am sure of it. I am asking for strength and the knowledge that the Lord is using your hands, mind and soul! It will be a hard time I am sure, but she will be so blessed by your presence! Keep me posted. Big hugs to you!!!!!!!!! me

      Delete
  6. Life is full of surprises each day. You make the most of everything around you. I like that about you! Blessings sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!