Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weeknight Dinners......Dinnertime Nachos Recipe!!!

Hello sweet ladies, 

I have another 


for you!!!!!


Tonight I used my new 

Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinners Cookbook. 

Since it was Tuesday I went to the Tuesday is Tex-Mex Night section. I had all the ingredients on hand for the Dinnertime Nachos.  I tried them out on my family. It was fast and easy.....nice after being at the cafeteria cooking all day. Here is the recipe.

Dinnertime Nachos
submitted by
Michelle Corriveau Blackstone, MA

This simple recipe pleases even the fussiest eaters. You can add your favorite toppings to make it special. Try adding some smoky-flaved BBQ sauce to the taco meat.....yum!

1 lb. lean ground beef
1- 1/4 oz. pkag. taco seasoning mix
1- 1/2 c. skim milk
2 T. all-purpose flour
1- 1/2 to 2 c. shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
6 oz. pkg. tortilla chips
Garnich: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes
Optional: sour cream



Brown beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain; stir in taco seasoning and cover to keep warm. 


In a separate saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and flour; 


Whisk well. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to a slow boil. Remove from heat. When I took the pic I didn't realize that my little egg guy whip was in the corner hanging upside down! Had to laugh! Hope it did the same for you! 


Add cheese to milk mixture: stir until cheese is melted. Layer 5 dinner plates with tortilla chips. Top with cheese sauce, beef mixture, lettuce, tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream, if desired. Makes 4 servings. 

My sweet man loves salsa on anything Mexican. I added it to the top of the tomatoes before I dolloped with the sour cream. He liked!

Click on picture to read

Another special part of a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook are the illustrations that are at the bottom of the pages. I thought this might be a little helpful hint for you. Hope you can find time to try out this new recipe!!!!!!! 


Earlier this evening I was walking out to the different coops to check on the eggs and passed my light blue Mr. Cochin Rooster. He was one of my babies last year........ I think he is so pretty!!!!!!! Click on pic to see him better, if you like.


I went on to gather the eggs.....the girls were sitting and some had already laid me some eggs. 24 eggs total by the end of the day. The girls are finally kicking in on laying eggs for me! LOVE IT! 

I am still adding blessings to my blessing jar. Yesterday morning we arrived at work and there were hundreds of snow geese and Canadian geese flying over us! Now that was a sight and a blessing!!!!!! Added it to my jar!!!!!! Have any of you started one yet......it is so worth it! 

Hugs and God bless!!!!!!

Linda

If you haven't signed up for the party please click and Go here to do so!!!!! I have so enjoyed seeing who is coming!!!!!! 







5 comments:

  1. Just about bed time for us also. Yes, I made a blessings jar (and blog about it...smile...everyone loved it!) I have so many blessings it's easy to add to it everyday! Today mine was my therapy is working and I have improved the movement in my foot! Yeah!! Love that recipe and it sounds not only good, but easy along with the ingredients we all usually have on hand! Love the chickens, they are doing great...24 eggs!!! Woo Hoo!! smile.

    Good night ....
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your blessing jar is filling up...a wonderful idea and such a. Tasty recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those sound good, and easy!
    Thanks for posting.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    Oh, I LOVE nachos. That's one of my favorite things to eat :) :) This recipe looks really good. Thanks for sharing it.
    Thanks, also, for sharing the pics of your chickens. They are the cutest and fluffiest things ;) :)

    Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe Linda! It made me smile at the end of the recipe (unless I am reading it wrong). It said to layer 5 dinner plates with tortilla chips..... but then at the end it says that it makes 4 servings. Sounds like someone doesn't get to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!