Thursday, January 24, 2013

Another Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinner Recipe!!!!!

Hello sweet ladies, 

It is so cold here.......18 when we woke up and 28 later in the day! Even the kitchen at the college wouldn't warm up.....that means it was major cold outside. I about froze doing the chores........tonight it was so cold! 



Look who was in one of the chicken nesting boxes. This is Woody she is a girl......our littlest grandson named her. It works for us!!!!! She was so cuddled and warm 

I just have to show you what happened when we were coming home after work. 



There is a field that is not far from our farm and it was full of Snow and Canadian (Canada) geese. I had to share the beauty!!!!!!!


Amazing when more geese flew in to eat at the same field!!!!!! In the hundreds....like maybe 500 - 800 my sweet man thought. A gift......into the Blessing Jar! They were so beautiful!

Time for another Gooseberry Patch Review!!!!!!

I told you that I would give you the Pesto Chicken Pizza recipe ......so easy and very nummy and the kids loved it at the college!!!!!!! 



Pesto Chicken Pizza
submitted by Connie Ramsey 
Pontotoc, MS

This is my kids' favorite pizza and their friends love it too. Cut into small squares, it makes a great appetizer. Feel free to add the chicken or not...we like the pizza just as well without it.

12-inch unbaked pizza crust
8- oz. jar pesto sauce
1 c. grilled chicken, chopped
1 c. shredded Italian-blen cheese
1 c. gouda cheese, shredded

Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet; prebake, if specified by package directions. Spread desired amount of pesto sauce over crust. Sprinkle chicken over pesto; top with cheeses. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Makes 4 to 6 servings. 


I made it for the college kids......so I had to adapt it a little. I spread the pesto onto the top of the pizza dough. Then I sprinkled it with chicken.



Then I topped with all the different cheeses. That easy......into the pizza oven........the kids loved it!!!!!!!! 

We will be making it at our home as well. It is very very good! 



Thought you might like to see some of the little illustrations 
that are in the Weeknight Dinners.  Click on picture to see better if you need to.



This is a neat idea and so cute don't you think?

Hope you enjoyed the recipe.......tell me if you ever try it!

If you haven't signed up for the Gooseberry Patch and Prairie Flower Farm party......please do......go HERE

One more day and then I will come HOME for two days. 
I will be a happy farmgirl!!!!!

Hugs and God bless your day,

Linda




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos.
    Oh sweet Woody. She is a pretty girl.
    And the pizza looks so yum.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Woolie Hugs & Love in HIM
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. The recipe looks good too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like a slice of that pizza for breakfast! I think Woody is cute and looks warm all snuggled in the hay in the nesting box. Smart too! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The farm looks as beautiful as ever Linda, the pizza looks delish!

    I have one question, nothing at all to do with recipes...
    What software are you using to add the frames around your pictures? They look so lovely, I'd like to try them on my posts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a little giggle out of the 18 degrees. This morning when I went out it was -1.3 degrees F a warm up for yesterday when it was -18 degrees F that's not including the wind chill. Our water was frozen the morning and hasn't quite thawed out just yet.

    We went to Tractor Supply last night and got a "Comfort Furnace" for our little camper to give the little propane furnace a break. So home that next year we'll be in the house with wood heat.

    Just think of the great NorthEast when it gets cold, though I'm sure you must be familiar with that since your originally from the great NorthWest...Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a picture!!! My hubby would like that pizza I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your pictures today! And the recipe sounds nice and easy I will have to try it! Thanks for sharing, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos and looking at the food makes me hungry. I enjoy visiting you blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!