Friday, January 18, 2013

It's Friday!!!!!! Did you NOTICE?

Hello sweet ladies!!!!!!


It is friday and this farmgirl is ready for the farm!!!!!!!! Yesterday the weather was so nice. Worked outside a little bit more than usual. As you know I really like straw and so I was filling back up all the nesting boxes for the girls. They kick and scratch it out and so I feel like i do it alot. But I like knowing that they have a nice comfy place to lay their eggs. Yesterday I got 19. The little Cochy Girls are laying now also. Got a green one and two really pretty blue ones. Love the different colors. 


Yesterday I was standing at the salad bar and another Professor came up and asked if the Girls were laying. Today I am taking a little over a dozen to her......giving her the little blue and green eggs extra. She will like. I am also giving her the "HUGE" eggs that some of my Girls are laying. I can't even put them in the egg cartons! Now that is a blessing.......they are not even double yolks!


Yesterday I talked with my farmgirl friend who has Willow and my three other (new girls) at her sheep farm. Willow was meeting Mr. Ram......meaning babies in the spring. Well she reported that Willow has a little round tummy....eeeekkkkkk!!!! This Momma is so happy. That means one or twins in March. Last year remember she had Twig and Leaf? Hoping for twins! One of the other Momma's that I traded her with also looks pregnant. I need to find out what kinds they are. I knew when I picked them out......I am horrible with names! I will be getting them soon to come back to the farm. Maybe this weekend. She said she would bring them!


 Little Rosebud will be in the bunch!!! Remember her from last October? Love her markings! Such a sweetie girl and she is all mine! I will have to name the other two and will need you to help. I will get pic's when they come home so you can see them. Going out today and get their shed all fixed up! It is going to be in the 60's today! Wonderful!

Well hope you have a wonderful day.......share if you would like......I love hearing from you......kinda like mail in my mailbox at the end of the lane!!!!!!

Asking the LORD to bless you today.....real good! 

Love and hugs! 
Linda

15 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! I would love to have sheep one day. They are adorable, and I would love to have the wool. I bet you are so excited that you'll be having little lambs in the spring! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber......I hopped over to your blog and saw all you knitting and new crochet needles. How beautiful. The pic's with you and your daughter blessed my eyes! Saaweetness in the real! I love my sheep! They are kind of dumb and smart at the same time. Little ones with their Momma's are comical and I could sit forever watching them! Hugs to your day.....we had V, Ellie and Ian out yesterday. V is doing well......he loves the farm! me

      Delete
  2. Oh Linda, how fun it must be, waiting for the sweet sheep to return! I'm hoping someday to have a couple Yorkshire/Scottish Blackface sheep grazing in my backyard. sigh.
    Blessings!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Judy, it is at that! They didn't come yesterday so it must be this next week. They were bringing them in from the field. I love blackface sheep. Any markings make me smile! Hugs, me

      Delete
  3. Beautiful eggs. I have one girl that lays huge (not double yolk) eggs, too! Can barely close the lid on the carton....usually there is a crack in the carton on the ends where I put those eggs. Beautiful mottled cochin in the photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, it is amazing how big an egg can get. I have one girl that lays the longest egg and you can't tell one end to the other. Really can't get that one in a carton!!!!!! My girly is a sweetie! Thank you!!!!!! Hugs, me

      Delete
  4. Good morning Linda,it is always fun to gather fresh eggs.Love your mottled cochin,she is beautiful.Can't wait to see the girls,would love to have some sheep someday.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Jennifer, gathering is one of my most favorite things to do each day! Pure gifts! I can't wait for the girls to get here! They are really fun to have for sure. Hugs, me

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, Yes I noticed it was Friday, did not have to work at the school today! Loved having the day at home just to wash, clean, bake, sew. Time at home is always so precious. Loved having fresh eggs when we could have chickens. Have a wonderful weekend. ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cheryl, I bet you did enjoy having a break!!!!!! I am like you I love every part of being home. I guess now that I work outside the home......it is like I am free when I am home! Miss the farming everyday life! You will love having chickens if you can ever have them. I use the eggs so much! Hope your weekend was wonderful......mine was! Hugs, me

      Delete
  6. I grew up on a dairy and horse farm but my Dad also had about 200 sheep. What a joy to take one that needed help into the house and feed it a bottle for a week or two.And the sheep sheering days were interesting, too. Much thinner after all the wool is taken off. Great memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susannah......200 sheep!!!!!! Wow! I have had bottled babies, some have died on me......that is always really hard for me to handle! I agree on the sheering days. Funny when they are sitting and can't move! you are so welcome for the memories....you have some precious ones! Hugs, me

      Delete
  7. Hi Linda. What an uplifting post, thank you for sharing. This may be a dumb question, but what are double-yolk eggs? Yeah, I am a city gal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danice, that is not a dumb question! I double yolk is when there are two yolks in one egg. It happens quite often. Not sure why, but it is like two yellow eyeballs staring at you when you crack it on the skillet! You always like it when a Girlie will give you one of those! Thank you for asking.....no question is every dumb! I am always learning new things about the farm! Hugs, me

      Delete
  8. My friend Betty use to sell us eggs when we worked together at the hospital. She knew a lot about different chickens! I loved those brown eggs. They taste so wonderful! So many wonderful things about farm life. My hubby knows. He spent his childhood working on the farm for his grandparents. The Stock show is in town and my co worker was there last weekend with her kids. Oh how those little ones love the farm animals. Our middle daughter was at the zoo with her honey and his family. She saw a new baby elephant. What a sweet animal those creatures are. So huge but so kind. She said a big bird flew by the lions and they reached outside their cage to swat at the bird! That bird must be like a kitty with nine lives! LOL!
    Always love your farm stories and your stories of working hard for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!