Friday, July 23, 2010

Momma's Fine and Thank You So Much


Thank you sweet ladies that follow my blog, thank you so much for praying. What a whirl wind life we had this last few days. On Wednesday after working in the hot sun, (still have a funny to tell you....... another day) we were about to drive up our long drive way, when out of no where grand children started running up along the side of the driveway. They had baby kittens in buckets and baskets wrapped in baby blankets. They had been waiting at the end of the lane for us to come home. There was 7 of them. It was so sweet to be greeted my our loves of our lives. They hopped in the truck and up the lane we went. We were ready for Grammie and Poppa Camp or so we thought. We have had Camp so that Poppa and I can invest into their little lives. I want to continue to have them even with they are older and when they are married and when they have kids....... I don't want it to ever end! Anyway I got into the house and everyone was talking a mile a minute. All their plans for the fort where in order. Then the phone rang. It was the nursing home saying that my 78 year old momma had just aspirated and was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. This was the same thing that happened to my Dad some months back. He never came back home. He died. My heart was racing at this point and after the hot day in the sun, I wasn't doing so well. We hopped in the car and off we went, praying all the way, that she would be safe and get the best care. I am always wanting the doctor caring for my older parent, to have a belief that even though my Momma is 78 can't walk or move, has Alzheimer's, that she is a valuable person! That she has "quality of life", because God gave it to her. I am so thankful that we have a Christian Doctor that believes that God has charge over life. That doesn't mean we want her hooked up to a lot of tubes and such, we just want her to have the care she needs. We got there and bless her heart I could tell by her eyes, (that is how we talk and we really do, it is a God thing) she was not sure what was going on. She looked right at me and wouldn't leave my eyes. They got her situated and in her hospital nightie. I love those things. They are 100 percent cotton and have been washed a thousand times and are soooooo soft. They may look ugly, but they sure feel good. They were going to do some tests and take X-rays of her chest. We stayed awhile and then went home. We had all the kids waiting for us on the farm. We had a sweet evening,Had to get up early in the morning to go back over to see Momma. She was doing better and they would be releasing her to go back to the nursing home. She did look better and that is where all of you who left comments and prayed come in. Thank you so much, God heard and I have my momma safe back at the home! I know that there will be a day that the Lord will call her home. It will be one of the saddest days of my life. Even though she can't talk to me, she is the most precious lady in my life. We didn't always have that relationship. I was a rebellious daughter and I know I hurt her deeply. When I came to Christ I told her I was so sorry. She accepted. She also was not the easiest Momma to live with, she had a drinking problem...... from a broken heart. Two full term babies that died in her arms alone, because my Daddy was in a bar and wasn't with her. Lots of other things also happened and then a broken marriage later, (when my siblings and I were older) when I was 17. I am not telling you this to disrespect my parents. They lived what they knew and they didn't have Jesus. It's just now we have been given a second chance, I can love her even though she can't respond to me other than with eyes. It is amazing the love that my Momma gives even to the girls that work at the home with her eyes. They love and respect her life. The only words I have is.................PRECIOUS.

The whole weekend kind of changed for Grammie and Poppa camp. It wasn't that we didn't have fun, but I was just exhausted! I don't do well on roller coaster rides ever. Smile. We had sweet times of reading God's Word. We read the whole story of Jonah. They interacted with us and it was so fun to get to know our grand babies a little bit better. Studying the word of God does that, another God thing! Unless you open HIS Word and read it with your children, you won't know what God does at that moment. The Bible says that it is powerful. The children talked and asked question....... and I drank it in. Hungry little souls wanting to know about our God.

For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

I didn't always love the Word. One day I asked the Lord to give me a hunger. He did just that, He met me..... He is talking to me......... intimately. He has told me to ask anything in His name. He loves to teach me and loves to watch over us as we drink in His Word. We want to be a generation that serves Him. If I can give my children the tools and usher them into the presence of the Lord,...... His Holy Spirit will do what He does so well........... speaks to our soul....... the thing that matters.

I heart you ladies! Have a good weekend!!!!!

P.S. We were given a sacrificial gift from one of our followers. She said that she and her husband wanted to bless us. They did. Little did they know that we had an opportunity to go to Extreme Kansas Camp for Family Camp (if you look at the website, the little boy on the right is our grandson) this weekend. It was over the amount we needed. Isn't that just like the Lord to bless His children using one of His faithful servants? We are packing up and hitting the road for the weekend. Leaving our cares behind and getting blessed with others that love the Lord so. I can't wait to drink in the beauty of the gorgeous lake the camp is on........... I will canoe with my sweetie on the lake.......we will talk sweetness to each other......... as the sun goes down....... cook a little in the kitchen that is outdoors.......... hmmmmm, I think we will like! Praying my little family will meet our God in a fresh new way and that we would be a blessing to the staff. We worked at this camp a couple years ago. We love it there! Wish we could make a living doing it. Nice thought! We will be back on Sunday, that will be toooo soon, I will choose to be thankful!

Blessings and hugs from the farm,


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update and thank you Jesus for answering our prayers. Have a glorious weekend, relax and soak in all God has for you. I know it will be wonderful and will pray for that. Love, Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sweet Linda,
    I'm so happy to hear the news about your Mama. I'm sure that when she saw you walk in and your eyes met the healing began! I understand some of her pain from the past...It's too hard to even go there. The Lord is mighty! MIGHTY! HE RESTORES THE SOUL! I'm so glad that you will have this retreat with your Hubby and get some much needed rest this weekend...I'm spending the weekend with my Handsome Hubby too!
    Enjoy your weekend...Many blessings to you and your family!
    Love Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need pray. My husbands birthday is today and his mom is on her deathbed. Rejoice she is a Christian woman but sad for us nonetheless. I pray for you and yours too. Love you Linda. Blessings Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy WITH you that your mother still has a purpose and presence here....AND for the beautiful grace gift that sends you all to camp!

    May God bless you and yours as you faithfully pour the Word into young hearts and pray for a new generation of passionate servants of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great big hug to you friend, as I wipe my eyes. What a story of redemption and forgiveness!!! I'm thankful the Lord saw fit to give you a little more time~
    XOXO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your mama is doing better LInda.. what a heart wrenching call that must have been. So glad you have your family to lean on. I'm certain your mama was so happy to see you. She saw your familiar face, and knew things would be ok. Your right, it is a God thing. No matter what has happened in our past, there is always an opportunity to start fresh if our heart is pure, and we let God fill it with love and forgiveness.
    Have a wonderful, peaceful weekend Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the update on your mom and sharing those difficult things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update...my mom didn't speak either for several years before her passing....hard, I know..the Lord held us both up through some dark difficult days....Alzheimers is the cruelest disease...God comforts and gives us strength when we have none....God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Linda, I am so happy your precious Mama is doing better! I will keep her in my prayers and you and your family as well. I, too, was rebellious when I was young, and I hurt many people in my family. And I too, can relate to your Mama's broken heart over her precious, sweet babies. I am so sorry she had to endure that, alone especially. I had my husband with me, who was a comfort. Our Lord has reasons which we cannot understand sometimes, but I truly hope when I meet Him I will finally be allowed know "why"...

    I hope you enjoy your retreat, I hope it will refresh your spirit.

    And to one of your commenters, Anne from Annesphamily, I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

    Love Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad your mom is doing better. It is wonderful at least you can commuicate with her eyes. Alzheimers is such a sad thing for everyone. You have some lucky grandchildren that have grandparents that love and care about them so much. I wish our grandchildren were near by but they are 1100 miles away. At least we talk and email.
    Love,
    Marie NC

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely wonderful post...and thank God that he answered our prayers for your Mother.

    I just know you will have a lovely weekend!

    Blessings......
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Linda ~ You are so PRECIOUS and I think your Momma is BLESSED to have you to care for her!! How WONDERFUL that you have more time with her. AND you are right...the LORD will give the needed grace to deal with her passing, but WHEN the time comes!! Not before!! Continue to be tender to the LORD...it is beautiful!! I am so happy for you for your little getaway...ENJOY!!

    Love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!