Thursday, July 15, 2010

We Need A Name!!!!!!! AND WE HAVE ANOTHER SURPRISE!!!!!


Here is our little girl when she was born last month.
I kept wanting to get the vote up, but life has been unreal for
all of us. I always need my Tressa to help me; wish I knew how to do
all the computer stuff! Anyone else relate?


Hello Sweet Ladies,

We have all the names, that you all gave us and we are ready to vote. She is just adorable. Tried to get a pic tonight and she escaped. I will try this weekend. Momma cow is so good to the new little one. Baby cow really needs a name though! Along the side you will see all the names you came up with. You can vote once. I have a special name I have picked out, but I will see if you like the same one! We are letting you all decide! You came up with the sweetest names. The name with the most vote wins! Thank you for joining the fun. Please let your children vote also!

Blessings to you all and have a super day! I am doing better then yesterday. God is good, and your prayers were felt. We will be taking implements down to the auction, all day today. It is so hot and muggy here in Kansas!

I put a voting box up last night. However, for some reason it worked for some and not for others. A "Blogger" problem. If you voted last night or this morning please vote again. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. I hope it works. Please tell me if it isn't working for you!

You can leave a comment, if that is easier.

So much has been going on, on the farm this morning. I am adding to the post on the baby calf.


MR. PUDDLE DUCK, (on the left side) HAS SOME VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!

HE IS A DADDY!!!!!!!!

The ducks on the right are from my birthday this year. Remember? They have grown and they are girls. I am going to have ducks running out of my ears!!!!!

Here is the new little one! Sweet as can be. Tiny for sure! Look at the size compared
to Mrs. Puddle Duck!

As I sat there shooting pic's, Mrs. Puddle Duck moved. It looked like another egg was hatching.
IT WAS HATCHING!!!!!!!!!! I tried to get a video, but the quality wasn't good.
The little one was making such a fuss inside the egg trying to get out. PRECIOUS!

Ladies,

"GOD IS TOTALLY AN AWESOME GOD"! And soooo GOOD TO HIS KIDS,
THAT WOULD MEAN US!

See the little tiny break in the egg? The new little duck is kind of sitting on it. Momma has had this pipe cleaner in her nest. I do not have any idea
where she found it, but she moves it all over. Cracks me up.

You can see the hole a little better in this pic. Look at the color of her wing. Beauty!



Then Mrs. Puddle Duck moved around on her nest............. and I saw............

THAT THERE WAS ANOTHER LITTLE ONE THAT HAD HATCHED!!!!!!!

He is the one in the front, on the right side. They blend into the nest and Momma. It is still all wet, but is so precious. I did get a video of this! You will love it. It turned out perfect and sooooooo get your little one, big ones, honey's, whoeversssssss (I know that is not a word, but I used it anyway) and take time to watch the video. I can't believe I captured such preciousness. Is that a word? My spell check didn't say it wasn't. I like that word.

Enjoy!!! Tell me what you think! This video is so sweet!






Blessings and hugs from the farm,

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Hi Linda...

    I placed my vote today!!!! I'll be praying about tomorrow. I passed by a red barn auction today...and wanted to stop...but we couldn't...cars behind us in traffic and no money..but I was thinking of you and your grandpa's truck!!!

    I can totally identify with the computer thing...lack of skills sometimes..I wish Tressa was here...she's got a gift with that I think :) :) Anyway, I need to get caught up on the Ruth Bible study...so I'll leave this comment where it's at :) :) :)

    Mama Cow and "baby bell"...my new nickname until her forever name is chosen :) :) :)...anyway, they look great and glad both are happy and healthy :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Linda,
    Oh it is so hard to choose!!! My dogs name is Daisy May (May instead of Mae because of the month that we bought her in, and why we bought her...long story...another day perhaps!) So of course I'm partial to that. My friend's cow's name is buttermilk and I always thought that was just adorable!!! But I think I am going to go with Annabelle, especially if she is going to wear a bell! Smile! I tried to vote...Not sure if it went through or not, so I'm letting you know here too.

    I know what you mean...My brother (Uncle Jeffrey) is the computer techy int he family and I'm so thankful for him for that! (For many other things too!)
    Love you bunches!
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those cows are adorable. Do you raise them for milk? I tried to vote but I don't think it went through. I wanted Daisy Mae, but Annabelle is sweet too. I love old fashioned names. My funny husband suggested his nick name Jay-Bob, but I told him it's not on the list and she's a girl. He's the funny one.
    Sounds like you are having Texas weather and I don't wish that on anybody, the humidity makes it so much hotter. We are off to celebrate our anniversary today. May God's grace be with you at the auction. Blessings, Jeannie Schlitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ladies, I am so glad you are gleaning from the Ruth study. I have been going along also. It is my second time. We can all learn from the Lord in the life of Ruth. Asking for the Lord's blessing of His word for all you young ladies.

    Hi Carissa, I agree, so many adorable names came in. I am not sure why there is not a vote for Annabelle up if that is who you voted for. Hmmm, makes me sad that the voting thing might not be working. It has worked for me before! We are looking into it.

    Jeannie, Our son just raises cattle for beef. Little one will be a Momma cow when she grows up. Jay-Bob? Tell your honey we will save that until we have a little boy. Don't want to hurt his feelings, though. Happy Anniversary! Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you have another Jeannie in the midst that gleans from your blog so I decided to change my Jeannie to simply jeannie as not to cause confusion.

    I like the name ms Cricket... its different and she is black like a cricket. Anyhow I am sure what ever names is chosen will suit her just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Linda! Thank you for such a lovely blog, my children and I both love reading about your farm life! And the video of the chicks are just precious-we have watched it over and over again. We voted for the pretty name Meadow, because, as my daughter says, cows graze in the meadow! But I don't think the vote went through so we are leaving a comment. Thank you for letting us vote for the name of the precious baby calf! God bless you and your family!
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cows. I so enjoy your blog. I have voted also on a name for your little calf.
    God Bless have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OKAY, I am so sorry. THe voting box has not been working for some. We put up a new voting box. Please if you can come back and vote again. Sorry! Must have been a blogger thing.

    Also I added to my post today. New video. Can't tell you. It is a surprise!!!!!! It is worth it I promise!

    Going with Mr Phil to take the red truck. You can pray for me! Thank you ladies, you are so sweet and sunshine in my life.

    Blessings, Linda

    Oh hi Simply Jeannie! Thank you for helping! I love your little picture by your name. All the pic's make me smile. It decorates my posts. Smile

    J.C. Come back if you liked the baby chick video. I have another one that is so sweet! I am glad you and your children come over! Wish it could be in real life! I hope you can come and vote again also. I love the name Meadow. All the names are nice I thought!

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your blog is amazingly beautiful and so much fun. I love all your babies.

    P.S. - If you'd like to promote your store with a post on my blog, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sweet Linda,
    Brandon and I (Anna is napping, I'll show her later) just got done watching the new little duckling!!!Glory be to God!! How amazing!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to video and then download, so that all of us can experience it too! Brandon just loved it!!! He is sitting on a ball right now telling me that his egg is about to hatch. TOO FUNNY! Wow, Mrs. Puddleduck is so pretty~I just love how calm she is with her babies~something we can all follow! :-) And I love the way she pushed her eggs back under again for protection and warmth... That's just something that God built right into us mommies(To protect our babies).
    I'm so happy that your Hubby takes such good care of you!!! Mine does too!!! So sweet the way you talk about him, good for our children to see and hear! I hope that you were able to get your fence!!!
    Love you bunches!!
    Carissa
    Preciousness for sure!!
    PS I don't want to be the first one to say this, but I tried to vote again and it still did not work for me... Annabelle is still my favorite though!! Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda..hello there! As always it's so wonderful to read your posts. YOu make life so interesting..and fun even though I know it has to be lots of work to keep your farm going. Bless you.....

    Hope it has cooled off some..still 'hot' here in Iowa:(

    I tried to vote and it didn't work for me..of course my favorite it :Gracie:!

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,

    Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Puddleduck :) :) :) That's great...I watched the video and those ducklings are SO CUTE :) :) :) I love how they "cheep" because they're still so little :) :) :)

    I did revote, because it didn't work for me either earlier today. It worked this time :) :) Thanks for letting us help by voting on a name. It's fun. Regardless of what name ends up being choses, "baby belle" cow will be much loved :) :) :)

    I'll be praying about the truck!!! Much love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Bother!!!!!!!!!! This has been so frustrating! I have had so many ladies on today and the voting box did not work!!!!! I am so sorry. Now you do not have to come back to see me again, Unless you might want to and if you do just please vote again. We had one vote and I know that more ladies tried. Make me cry! So sorry!

    Sara, You are such a sweetie! Thank you for coming over and yes I want you to do that for me. I am going to write up the post for you.

    Carissa, You are so precious with your little ones. I am hope little Anna liked the video. We have 6 babies now!!!! So adorable!

    Gert, Thank you for your sweetness. It has not cooled at all. very hot and humid!!! Come back and vote if you want.

    Heather. Glad you liked. I think yours was the only one that came up! Thank you for praying!

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda,

    Sara/Mountain Woman is AWESOME. She's such a sweet lady :) :) :)

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being a city girl, (small city), farm life is foreign to me, yet so appealing. What fun to see God's creations reproducing and bringing more glory to Him! And yes, come on over and join us in a tea party. I can't wait till the August one; it will be quite different! May God richly bless your weekend and give you rest. Lovingly, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda. We had trouble voting so we'll just cast them here. Asked my girls and my 7 year old likes Gracie and my 9 year old likes Bella. I'm a fan of Daisy Mae. We loved the ducklings...and the pipe cleaner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!