Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Special Weekend...........


You are welcome to use this photo on your blog if you like.

The Heavens declare the Glory of the God the skies proclaim the work of HIS HANDS. Day after day they pour forth speech (the works of His hands); night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. Psalm 19:2-4.

If we break this scripture apart and look up all the words meanings in the dictionary.............

................we will realize there is no excuse to not believe in God.


Hello sweet friends,

As you know our family was blessed to be able to go to Extreme Kansas Camp this last weekend. It was just what our weary souls needed. The time we spent there was absoluetly a God time! God knew that He was going to use a family to get us to camp, so that we could be refreshed! God is so good to use His Children to accomplish what He wants done.



We went on a boat. Beings that I am from Alaska, I so miss the water. It was wonderful.
I was reminded:

And God said, Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, ground "land," and the gathered waters He called "seas."

And God said it was good. Genesis 1:9


The water was so beautiful. The sun was shining on the top of the water and it glistened like the stars at night. Filled me with lots of emotion of what a Great God I have that wants to have my attention, so I can enjoy what He has made. The Lord met us......... we saw His Glory and was reminded that He had everything in His control. I am so glad I belong to Him. He longs for a relationship with each one of us. We were being able to see what He was
wanting to show us personally this weekend. I loved it. So did my family.



One of the nights was a very special time for our family. The family that owns the camp has a daughter around 18. She had a burden on her heart to come up with a time for campers and families to go through what she called Prayer Stations. God gave her a beautiful way to get in touch with Himself. We were given instructions. We went to different prayer stations.


Our first station was at the cross at the top of the big hill. Music was being played quietly under the cross. It was so beautiful! We all sat and looked out over the land and water. The sun was going down at the time. It was so beautiful. We were to sit and be still. I looked all around me. There was a family of 8 that was sitting next to us. Six stair step children. To watch those little ones look out over the water and asking questions was a sweet time for me. There parents were ushering them into the presence of God. What a precious treasure their children received. Godlooked down and was pleased.


The next station we went to was a wooden cross that was set up against a tree. We were told to ask the Lord to help us think of a sin, that was in our life that we needed to confess. We had to write it down on a piece of paper and then nail it to the cross. I did mine and then I looked over at my youngest and she was hammering her paper with a nail to the cross. My heart started to tug at me real hard. I don't know why it hit me so hard, but watching her confess her sin before God and wanting freedom from it blessed me so. To see your child being broken before the Lord is a precious thing. As we would go to other stations you would hear in the background the hammer hitting someone else's nail representing a sin. It was very powerful!!!!!!!!!! When they nailed our Savior to the cross...... it was representing the sin of the world. That is an awesome thought.


The last station that we went to, was when we as a family took communion. The Fathers of each home were to take the bread, break it and give it to each on in his family. Then he took the cup and passed it. It was a very meaningful time. The sun had gone down, so it was very dark outside. The only light we had at our table was a flashlight. I will never forget this time with my family. I am sure that the Lord was pleased. We remembered Him!

I wish I would have taken more pictures, but it seemed like such a solitude time.



The last day we were there was Sunday morning, we sang.............



and we read His word. ................ together,...................

with the body of Christ, not in a church building,

but with His Church, who are HIS people.

A place that HE created at the beginning of time. Thank you Father, you are so good to Your

children and so many times this child forgets, to say Thank You.

I want to do better. I need your help.


We hated to leave. It was like we were away from the world.

Until another time.......... we will have the memories...........

of a very special love gift......... given, so that we might find rest in

Him again!

We had such a fun time! We slept in a tent and ate our meals in a pole shed. It was open on all sides, with mesh on some of the areas. The food tasted so good, because we were eating outdoors I think. Wish you could have been there! There are so many things that

are in my life, that I would like to share with you! One is Heaven!

P.S. One more thing I want to put in this post. When the camp begins staff goes to the 4 corners of the property and dedicates the North, the South, the West and the East to the Lord. It is an amazing time. They read scripture and ask the Lord to protect and use the land for His Glory. It happens! God comes by His Holy Spirit and visits! Just like He did on our time there. Just wanted you to know this.

Blessings and hugs from the farm,

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. KKJD1 said...
    Wow sounds like a wonderful place to go! I cried as you told of your DD nailing her sin to the cross, I continue to pray for my 3 boys and hubby and I am trusting that they will all soon be where they need to be in him. So glad your family had such a great time what a blessing!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunset photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I was moved to tears by your thoughtful account-it was like I was there too! It sounds like you had an amazing time at a truly blessed place. So many things-nailing sins on the cross, worshipping outside in the open air and my favorite of all-having the Fathers of each family break the bread and pass the cup!!! I think fathers as a whole are undervalued in today's society and I was so moved to hear of this beautiful and meaningful ceremony! I am so happy you and your family were a part of it and how nice of your special friend to help you be there!! God Bless you all!
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely incredible!!! I can't even imagine how wonderful this would be. What an awesome experience for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, It is a wonderful place. Prairie flowers all over. Really beautiful. When they start the camp they go to the 4 corners of the property and dedicates it to the Lord. Really a very special time!.How precious that you are praying for your family. It is amazing when we realize how much He loves us and hears our prayers. I prayed a long time for my honey and God came through. He AlWAYS DOES when He hears us pray. I will pray also today for your family.

    Patricia, you are welcome. The pictures don't do it justice. Being there is breath taking.

    Johanna, I was absolutely over taken. It wasn't grief it was something I can't explain. I so wish all my blogger family could have been there. Really powerful! Yes I agree that Father's have been devalued. I used to do that, but the Lord came along time ago and rearranged my thinking. I repented and no I teach our family to honor Mr. Phil. It is amazing how husbands and dads love it when their families are kind to them.
    Yes, the special friend didn't know that was a hearts desire. God did and he moved!

    Just got in from picking a ton of tomatoes. We need to get the Tomato Stew Sauce a going on the stove. I need to put the recipe up again on my blog. Will try to do that tomorrow! Love you all bunches! You are such sunshine to my days, even when it is raining!!!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing to have been able to share all of this with your family. It was so moving and the pictures were amazing. Thank you again Linda so much for sharing this with all of us.

    Blessings.......
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, thank you so much for stoping by! It was such a precious time. I will be thinking about it for days! Love your blog. sSo homey. Going to have to try your Green Enchiladas. You make everything look pretty!

    Gert, Yes it was a blessing! You are so welcome! I love it when I hear from all of you about your life experiences!

    Love you all! BUNCHES!
    Me again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, thank you so much for sharing such a special time with us. I can't help but think ya'll walked away from that camp with a feeling of know God just a little bit better. I can't think of a better way to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to think it was like having a cold fresh cup water on a dry day. Does a heart good to know your family was so blessed.


    Love,


    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Linda, THANK YOU so much for this beautiul 'account' of your special wknd. So unique, I have never heard of anything like this before !! WOW, I am sure GOD's Holy Spirit was there with all of you. A wonderful way to spend time with your family. What a 'blessing' from GOD.
    HUGS, Toni from PA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear sweet Linda,
    God must of put our fingers on the keyboards at the same time and known we needed tender words to one another. I just went to your blog and read about your wonderful uplifting weekend and was so in awe and happy for you and your family and then I read about your dear momma and I literally gasped out loud...My daughter said "What's wrong?" so she read it with me. I am so sorry that you had to go through the worry and heartache of getting that phone call and seeing your momma like that. But am so thankful she is doing well and better. I will pray. It's late now and I thought well, I'll write you tomorrow and then I checked my blog that you had left me such healing touching words and I HAD to come back and write you. Your understanding of losing a parent and the other parent having Alzheimers was perhaps a gift to me from God tonight. A whisper that someone really understands.
    I'm so grateful for your lovely words of love and concern and thoughts and prayers. My heart was warmed. It has been such a hard long 3 weeks. My momma was with my family (she can not be alone) for 2 weeks after the funeral and then we met my sister to have her stay with her last Wed. I miss her and I'm so used to seeing or talking to her (we live in the same town) that this is so different. Plus the shock and trying tounderstand my Dad gone has not sunk in yet. I'm not sure how to act, think, feel. I wake in the morning and begin asking for help from God, reading scripture, and taking a day at a time. It is so hard and so different now.
    You have been through alot with your parents and God has blessed you so much. You are such a spiritual person and a loving child of His. Your faith inspires me and I thank you for that. Your blog does my mind and heart good.
    I may call upon your wisdom to get through this Alzheimer world. It is so not my real momma. If you have any advice, I welcome it.
    Thank you again for your kind and supportive and encouraging words. I truly appreciated them.
    You and your momma are in my prayers.
    God bless you Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda...thanks for sharing this. I'm so glad you were able to get away and just have some time of refreshing and fun...I'm glad that God put it on the heart of that nice family to gift you with some this super cool :) :) :)
    My dad would LOVE this...LOVE IT!!! ...especially the cross!!! I think he'd appreciate that one the most :) :)
    Have a great rest of the week!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, this post was what I needed this morning. Just a reminder how great our God is. With finding out Monday that dad's cancer is back I just need to hear again how great God is. I know these things but just needed that little reminder. It's so hard to watch my dad, he is a wonderful sweet christian man. I am selfish and don't want to give him up yet, but I know God is in control.
    So glad you got the chance to go to camp, what a blessing for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am absolutely loving reading this. I need to find out where there is one of these camps near me. I have never seen such lovely photos. I have many prayer requests today. First of all for Veronica my friend who had breast cancer 17 years ago. It has returned. Her biopsy was today. Let's pray for her please. Also prayer for the phamily of my husband. SO many lost and wandering souls, I would appreciate prayer for Lucy,Mike,John,Kameryon,Kelly,Kayden,Sherrie, Stacie,Dustin,James,Dustin,Taylor,Leah,Jamie,Randy,Manny,Mason. There are many more. I will send a personal e mail. I am not saying they are sinners and we are not but I am saying they really need to be lifted up to the Lord. Linda, my heart is so touched by your thoughtful ways. Blessings Anne

    Thank you for the use of your beautiful picture. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sweet Linda,
    I'm moved beyond words!!!! What a lovely time you had with your family!!! My fav was nailing your sins to the cross. How thankful I am that we have a Lord that has made away for sins to be forgiven!!!! And that he wants us to come to him with them!!!! Truly touching!!! I'm so happy for you.

    Spent the whole day with my Mama and the babies today... we went for a walk and then for some lunch at a little bistro with some icecream... Afterwards Mama watched the babies so I could have some coveted alone time and get some shopping done... She is so wonderful!!! I am so thankful for her!!!

    Love you bunches!
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, I am sorry, I didn't have internet since yesterday afternoon.

    Hi Amy, You are so welcome. It was amazing!!!!! Yes we fell in love with Jesus even more! The time was so needed!

    Angie, You said it so well. You are so sweet!

    Hi Toni, It was such a special time. Every family that was there was so encouraged. Loved every part of it.

    Tanya,Wasn't that the most precious thing of the Lord? Yes, Momma is doing so much better. Thank you for praying. You have been so through it. I am so sorry. Life can be so hard at times. Everytime I leave my mom it is hard. I want her back so bad and yet I know that God has it under control! This is only a speck of life down here. We have forever together in heaven someday. I thank you for such sweet words.

    Trusting that the Lord is going to get you through what you are walking sweet friend.

    Hi Heather. It was soooooo fun!!!! Yes the family just sent us a gift just because. IT was amazing. Love and hugs to you!

    Hi Cheryl, So glad it touched you! Never know how God is going to use my ramblings. Yes we all need the reminder of how great our God is. I am so sorry about your Daddy. How hard. I am hoping all the ladies here will be praying for your Dad. Thank you so much for telling us!

    Anne, Yes we will pray for Veronica. I am sure she would be so sad. I am praying for your honeys family. How precious of you to name them all. You are such a sweetie. Hope all at work is going better. I think I do remember about your Mother in love. I am so sorry!
    Trusting you with the Lord, my Anne with an e!

    Hello Carissa. It was so fun. Your family would have loved it. I tell you every time I heard someone else nailing their sin it just got my heart. It was so incredible. How fun to be with your Momma, I miss mine so much, to be able to go do things. I have learned to live with it, but I am so thankful that you have yours.

    Well, I am off to bed. It is late and tomorrow Mr. Phil and I get to drive to Oklahoma tomorrow to get some parts for the fence. It will be hot outside. Hope there is a breeze! Smile!
    I love you all so much! I know I sound like a broken record, but it is true!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!