Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Morning,


You are welcome to use the photos's on your blog.
Just please say they are from Prairie Flower Farm.


Good Morning sweet ladies,

During the summer the food is plentiful on the farm. Gardens are filled with fruits and veggies. My sweetie friends Rosa and Marian said that their plum tree was loaded and I was welcome to have some. I jumped at the chance. I was daydreaming about plum farm pies, smoothies in the winter months and eating them right now. That is exactly what we have been doing. I can't believe the flavor they have. I had to take a picture for you, if you would like to use your are welcome. Love this scripture! Hide it in your heart, if it isn't already. Smile!

I so want to take refuge in Him. Some times my "me" gets in the way though. I don't like it that way, but it does happen, more than I like. Reminded.......... His mercy! Today Tressa and I were walking out by the horse fence. I was walking behind her going through weeds. I said, "I hate weeds, what are they for anyway"? She sweetly said, "Read Genesis". I said, "Oh yeah"!

Genesis 3: 17-19. 17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'

"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.

Oh my, that is a sad story? When you work on a farm you are fighting weeds all the time. Never.........ever can you get a way from them it seems, but one thing I know,working with weeds has taught me lots about sin. I don't want the weeds in my life. They are destructive, they choke out life and the pain that they cause is sometimes long lasting! As I have pulled huge weeds in my day, their roots can go out 2 and 3 feet from the stalk. Amazing!

Life with Jesus....... all the days of my life..... no more weeds........ that will be nice.

Until that day, I will keep pulling out those weeds that are in my life. I will continue to repent and be free.........

until the next time, there is another weed. I am so thankful the Lord is always there!

Taste and see that the Lord is Good...

I will take Refuge in HIM, it is good!


On a lite note............. look what we found.

The other day we saw a baby fawn, right on the side of the road. It kind of freaked us out, because it was just there so fast and moved so fast! It had its little spots and all. This is not the pic of it, but this is what our son found. Thought you would like to see. Isn't it beautiful. You get to see so much wildlife when you live and work on a farm. When you are working a field the hawks are right next to the tractor trying to find some food. You can get so close to them, because they are not afraid of the machinery. You couldn't get close at all if you were there in person.

If I could pick you flowers, I would pick you these! If you were close,

I would have them at your home today!


Thank you so much for stopping by! Oh, it looks like Bella is winning the name!

Welcome new followers!

I am going out to do chores and check

on the little ducks. So wish you could see them. They are so adorable!

Here I am again, one baby duck is gone. Humph! That makes me sad. The only thing it could be

is a snake. Stink! That is not nice, what ever it is that got it. We tore the little shelter apart

to see if it was under something. Nothing, poof, gone! Now this isn't starting my day off very

well. The flowers? They are for me also, we will share. Smile!


Don't forget to pray for Jeannie, she is going to the doctor today for her cancer check up!

We will be waiting to hear Jeannie!

Jeannie just commented, this what she said,

Praise God and thank you all for your prayers. There were no tumors in my bladder! I could definitely sense prayers being offered up for me this morning and I thought of y'all while I was in the dr's office. I give Him all the glory, I have been so blessed in this situation. I will pray the little duckling finds his way home. The fawn is beautiful. We have deer all over here, sometimes they stay and stare but usually they run off. They are such beautiful creatures. I would love to hold one like that. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and thoughts. Love, Jeannie

Thank you Father for your grace and mercy in this situation.

We rejoice with you Jeannie!

Just thought you would all like to know!


Blessings and hugs, from our farm to your home,

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say Hello and Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, did you ever get an email from me? I sent you one. Just wondering. You have a nice day also. I love your heart and blog. You are so refreshing and real. I am sure you are helping more ladies with loss than you will ever know. Praying, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda. Just the uplifting I needed this morning. You help me than you will every know. Have a blessed day.

    Michle
    Old Machala Farm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michle, I think that we all help each other. Helping each other carry each others burdens. It makes the walk lighter!!!!! It is just plain hard down here. One day! one day! we will all be taken home! What a special day that will be.Just came in from counting my baby ducks. One is gone. Hope a snake hasn't been in the nest. I can't imagine what else it would be. Nothing else could get in. Sad for me!!!!

    Cindy and Michle, hope you like your flowers! Me again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Scripture selection for today!
    What a wonderful Creator we have...the ducks...the fawn...the flowers...the PEOPLE!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers. And I will not be pulling weeds again without thinking of your post for today. Living in the country I, too, have a war with weeds. And the grasshoppers this year!! Oh, my!! Thanks for the gift of your pictures. ♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about this BLAST from your past! I saw you name under a comment on someone's blog & when I saw "Mr. Phil", I KNEW who you were! I've been blogging for a little over a year. Come over and visit, but most of all, email me (gatesmc@juno.com) with updates on youir family, etc.

    I sure hope you remember me (Becky Zimmerman). I see you still live in one of my all-time favorite communities. Our three children (youngest born after we left Sterling) are married and have our eight grandchildren between them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice I am getting some comments! They make my heart smile!

    Thank you Cranberry, for the encouragement! Yep, the Lord is so good! You are so welcome!

    Marilyn, so glad you like the flowers! How fun, I will be thinking of you now when I pull my weeds, there will be two of us together! We will just get rid of ol' sin!

    BECKY.....WOW, how fun is this. Of course I remember you. Man, you are so skinny! I have been blogging for a year also. I have been over to see you already and will come back. Which blog do you write on more? Isn't God so good. I will email you soon. If you read the blog you will see pic's of our family. I don't know if you knew we had two girls after the three boys. They are the loves of our life. They are sweeties. I can't ever imagine my nest being empty. We also have 9 grandkids.

    I can't tell you how exciting this is for my day! Love you old friend, Linda
    I will write.

    Hugs ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI dear Linda,
    I'll comment later. I have to go do something this morning...but thank you, thank you, thank you for the Scripture with the photo. I also loved the photo of the flowers ont he chair. May I borrow that and share it on my blog and on Facebook? I always make sure you get the credit for these!!!
    Sorry about the missing duckling :( :( (: I'm praying for Jeannie!!! Let her know she is much loved and prayed for...even by strangers like me :) :) :) Thanks for the giving me the opportunity to pray for her!!

    Love and hugs, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course Heather, not a problem. I just want to bless people with the things He shows me. Thank you though for asking.
    Have a sweet day! Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post! It is difficult sometimes to keep the weeds out of our gardens and, most importantly, out of our lives! Thank you for reminding us that with God's help we can overcome anything!

    I am saying a special prayer for Jeannie and Michle and Jason. I am a cancer survivor myself and I know how difficult those treatments and post visits are. I was only given 3 years to live at the time (mind you, I had only just turned 19 years old) and here I am cured for over 20 years now! I am lifting them up in prayer for healing.

    I am sorry about the duckling. Poor baby! I think the snake got some baby bunnies that their momma had made a nest for in our backyard. I know it is nature, but it is still heartbreaking.

    Take care Linda!
    Blessings,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...I had more time to read :) :) :) The baby fawn is so beautiful. You are so blessed to live on a farm and see all that you see...and I'm still thinking about your post from the other day with all the old farm things :) :) :)
    What you said about weeds was so true...it's a constant thing and they must be tended to, because if they grow too big, it can really mess things up. I'm so glad God is there to help me with my weeds :) :)
    I'm sad about the baby duckling :( :( I'll pray that you don't lose anymore. Thanks for sharing those flowers with us :) :) :) They're absolutely beautiful.

    Love and hugs from Oreogn, Heather :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda,
    Just wanted to say THANKS! Your posts always give me a boost and I love knowing that you are praying.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praise God and thank you all for your prayers. There were no tumors in my bladder! I could definitely sense prayers being offered up for me this morning and I thought of y'all while I was in the dr's office. I give Him all the glory, I have been so blessed in this situation. I will pray the little duckling finds his way home. The fawn is beautiful. We havae deer all over here, sometimes they stay and stare but usually they run off. They are such beautiful creatures. I would love to hold one like that. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and thoughts. Love, Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Johanna,You understand. I am so thankful you have been free from cancer! I am sure Jeannie is so thankful you are praying!

    Heather, I am so blessed and I don't want to take it for granite! Ever! I am glad you like the flowers!!!!!!!

    Regina, You are so welcome. I am so thankful that the blog is turning out that we are all praying for one another. Really wonderful!!!

    Jeannie, that is so exciting. Praise the Lord!!! Keep us posted when things come up. Until then we will just be very thankful that he has answered both prayers for you!

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. First my prayers are with Jeannie--hope to hear how she turned out. Love the fawn--of course:) And those flowers are amazing..thank you for sharing them with us!!

    Sorry to hear about the little duck and pray you figure out what got it..so you don't lose anymore.

    Bella it is!! That wasn't my choose but I love it anyway:) How is she doing?? Growing I'm sure!

    Blessings to you and your family.......
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Sweet Linda,

    I missed not being able to come over and chat more often... Mom and Dad are having there first "looker" tonight at the house~Please pray!!! It was good news, but it also made my heart sink. Sigh. And we have been busy cooking corn!!! Hope to post those pictures tonight~The Lord is good!
    Your post is precious, Yes, those weeds can resurface even after you pull them if you don't go down to the root the first time around. Thank the Lord for second chances!! (and third, and fourth, etc...)
    Thank you for being such a blessing!!
    Love Carissa
    PS I finally have blush on the tomatoes!!! Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. PS Sorry about all the mispelled words and typo's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!