Thursday, November 4, 2010

Beautiful Evening......How About You?


Hello Sweet ladies,

I am home from working at the fencing site. It was a lovely night tonight. We worked a little past dark and the stars were absolutely gorgeous. I also saw a momma deer walking into the brush........ very beautiful. The area we work at has lots of deer that come through.

Tonight is going to get down to 27 degrees. When we got home from working in the cafeteria we had to get all the tomatoes red and green, cayenne peppers, bell peppers and onions picked so they wouldn't freeze. Now I want you to know I am not bragging. I just had to show you how many tomatoes we picked on the 4th of November. 8 big boxes and one little bucket of veggies. I can't tell you how grateful we are! We will keep some of the green ones and let them ripe on their own. We have had tomatoes clear into spring. You just keep them in a cool place, not the refrigerator. I will can the red ones or if I don't have time I will clean, cut in half and throw into a freezer bag. Some of the green ones will be made into Green Tomato Relish. It is a great gift to give for friends and family during the holidays and very easy to make! I so want to use the new canning jars I got the other day that I showed you! I let you see when I get some made.


While I am in the truck when I am not helping my Phil I read, stitch, crochet or what ever I might need to be sewing. I love this book! It is one of my fav's. It is called Autumn by Susan Branch. Looks like they have some on Amazon as low as $8.95 new if you would like to check it out.

Her watercolor paintings are sooooo sweet! I just thought I would show a peek of this book, so if you are interested you could look into it. It really is a sweet book! I will be doing a little decorating hopefully this weekend. I used to do more............decorating.......ugh! Smile.......I am thankful.....it's just that working outside the home does take away time from my HOME.

Oh one more thing! My sweet Little Red Hen........ is gone. I don't know if Shelby ran her off or what. I have a friend that just lost a duck and one of her chickens (who lives not far from me) to an owl. Ick! That is not even nice!

Hugs sweet ladies from my Farm to your HOME. Continuing to pray for you all!

Me

14 comments:

  1. Hi Linda
    It's lovely to be back visiting your blog after my time away on holidays. Sounds like you sure have been busy - what a blessing those tomatoes are!!! I am busy trying to get our seeds into the ground as tomatoes are forecast to be up to $8 a kg this summer over here (I know I'm a bit late, but hey better late than not at all!).
    That Autumn book looks gorgeous - something to snuggle under a blanket & read with a cup of tea in those cool autumn evenings!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend & are going well!
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hello Renata, I am so glad you are back visiting also! Yes we are busy! But I love it when I can sit and check on my honey when he needs my help with the fence! We will get to be off for Thanksgiving for 10 days. I can't wait. I will be in my HOME! What a special gift! I think prices are going up everywhere!!!!!!! I wish I could share some of my tomatoes with you. They taste so much better then in the stores. Yes the book is really sweet. I love books and magazines. Thank you for commenting. I will come and see you now! Hugs, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was closer, I'd come and help! I really like building fence......Not joking!
    Sounds like you had a good garden year... Ours didn't fair so well this year. Good thing I canned everything last year! It will help.
    Happy Cannin'
    Tisha........ Love the jars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, its Linda in Wichita!! I have had trouble trying to get my comments to go thru, trying again thru Brenda's and my blog address? The book looks beautiful. Going to check it out!! Hope things are going well. Brenda and I hope to meet up with you one of these days soon!! Have a blessed day!! Hugs and blessings, Linda
    http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

    We are having a 'party' drawing!! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a late canning season, huh? we did plant 2 plants late just to see if they'd survive..so far they're doing well and have flowers..maybe fresh garden tomatoes for Christmas..that would be something, wouldn't it?
    the book looks wonderful...I'll have to check it out....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tomatoes look great. In case you are looking for ideas of what to do with your green tomatoes, fried green tomatoes are a real treat here. We love them. Enjoy your evening and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Linda I so love all your tomatoes and knowing you..you will be using each & everyone of them. So sorry about your new little chicken, she was so pretty & unique. Hope u had a blessed day!

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want that book! ;)

    We started gathering the last of the garden too. And we make chow-chow with the green tomatoes, nearly the same recipe as yours.

    I'm getting ready for a craft fair tomorrow, so will visit later.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your red hen. It's hard to loose animals we love.

    The Susan Branch book is one of my favorites too! I have it on my coffee table right now so I can look at it whenever I have a few minutes.

    I had to bring my tomatoes in a month ago, can't believe you can leave yours so long. Even though it's 20 degrees (68 for you) during the day it is below zero at night here. We are still eating fresh tomatoes every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too have a big bowl of green tomatoes that I picked before the frost got them. And that is one of my favorite Autumn books ... I check it out from our library year after year, lovely artwork!
    Blessings,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Linda all those vegetables look wonderful. What a blessing. And to have all that put of for the winter will be so nice. Sorry about your pretty hen. That wasn't nice of that owl, lets hope he didn't get her too.

    Hope your home for a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will pray for your little red hen to come home safe, maybe she is hiding somewhere. I love that Susan Branch book too, have it by my bedside with my bible. Enjoy your wonderful weekend and all those yummy tomatoes! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tisha I sooooo wish that you lived close by also! We are learning to do the fence as we go! I wish I could share some of my produce with you! Thank you for stoping by. It is always a pleasure. I read your note at work. It helps me pass the time!

    Isn't that weird that sometimes it works and other times not. Internet for ya! Oh I cam and signed up for your party. I will post about it tomorrow! Hugs

    Hi Dani.....how I hope your little green ones turn red. If not you can pick them green and they will eventually turn red. The book is a favorite for this time of year!

    Hi Donna...I have heard of that.......never tried it. I will see what I need to do when I find a recipe! I will try it though. Thank you for coming over!

    Thank you Gert.... she is still gone.... she was the one that would run to me.....I picked her up and took her down to the milk barn so she could lay an egg. Makes me real sad!I will keep waiting.

    Prairie Maid it is really cute. It is a favorite for Fall. Great recipes and fun ideas to do for fall. I would love to see your crafts. Bog about the show! I used to do craft shows. Not for a long time though.

    Hi Lori....isn't it wonderful to have them fresh? I am glad you have that book.....it is adorable! Ya I am sorry about LIttle Red also. I am afraid of a big bird or something. Ick!

    So nice Catherine that you stopped by! Love it when you do. Wish I had time to go blog hoppin like I used to. Not fun to work outside the HOME....but it will help us keep the farm. That is a good thing.....plus I am with family and that sure helps.

    Hi Tracy.....just got home from the fencing....it will be so nice to sleep in a little. 5 comes so early! You are so sweet to give the blessing! Back to the fence tomorrow with some sewing in hand!

    Hi Jeannie, Yes I pray also! Isn't that fun that you have the book also. I love her website also. I am having a good time at Home! Love it!

    Hugs everyone.......you are so sweet to come and say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredibly beautiful book Linda!! You are one busy lady!! Thank you for taking the time to visit me at my blog recently...it is always LOVELY to hear from you!!!! So sorry about your little Red...so sad for you.

    I *love* your cheery disposition Linda...you are a blessing!

    In His Love,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!