Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MISS having internet!!!!!!!

Hello Sweet Ladies,

Taking a break............still do not have internet. Maybe later today?

Today we are having fun in the college kitchen...........making Pumpkin Rolls........num! We are making for about 500 for the Thanksgiving Dinner here at the college. The girls and I will be making Grandma Jo's Famous Cranberry Jello Salad. I have never made it for so many..........pray that the jello sets for us! I will put the recipe up for you all when I get internet. Not for 500. smile

We are also making Lemon Bars today..............not having to bake very much, because kids are going HOME for the holidays we are going to be off for 11 days starting this Friday............HOME.................waking up seeing the sunrise.........can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell that I am just a little excited?

Thanksgiving has always been a special holiday with the Stubbs Family. Grandpa and Grandma are gone now..........so we have carried the tradition on with our family that they started. Still have everthing we ate when they were with us. Couldn't have it any other way. Do you have any special traditions? Anyone from overseas that celebrates anything? Please share with us!!!!!!!!

Hugs.......a blessings.......from the college dinning room...........
Me

10 comments:

  1. My father was an alcoholic all of my early years. He got saved when I was about 25 years old. Praise the Lord! As a young girl, I would watch tv shows that depicted a typical Thanksgiving meal. We never did this at my home as my Dad was usually drunk on all major holidays. I would think when I grow up, I want to have meals like that. Well, God is good. We celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends, turkey, pumpkin pie, the whole works. My daughters know no other way to celebrate it. They think Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays, directly underneath Christmas. I thank the Lord that before He called my daddy home, we enjoyed 4 wonderful thanksgiving meals together. This is probably the longest comment I have ever made but somehow it seemed important for me to share. I think of it as a true testimony to our Lord. As I said before, God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your holiday and hope you get the internet back soon...I know what you mean about continuing holiday traditions...we always have to have that great bean casserole...I hear about it if it isn't on the table....Mama started making it back when and so its become tradition. Alan always makes his cranberry/orange/apple relish too..some foods just scream holiday, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun & have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We'll miss you while you're gone.

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my sweet Aunt Paula always made the most delicious Pumpkin Roll - one of her legacy's to me. Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving, Blessings to you and all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I would love to have the recipes for pumpkin roll you are making. Could you share it with me. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you get a break from the "Kollege Kitchen". I know you will enjoy your home-time.

    We're re-entering "real life" after a week of vacation. We enjoyed the travel and new sights and a few days at home getting out the Christmas trees & wreaths, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm sooooo happy for you Linda! 11 days off...yippeee!!! Enjoy it all!

    I am Canadian...our Thanksgiving is in October. But I do enjoy thinking of your special times too.

    Blessings to you!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda..

    Sure hope you get your internet up and running soon. Nothing worse is it?? Oh I know you are going to enjoy all those days off and waking up the farm!

    Blessings...

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband is French and I am American. He pastors a church over here in France, where most people don't thank God for anything, which makes this holiday even more precious to us. We get together with around 20 other Americans and we are always sure to have all the yummy food we were used to eating when we lived in the US. We bring cranberry sauce over, order turkeys from the store (they don't have Thanksgiving remember, so the turkeys are for Christmas here, we have to special order!). Lots of stuffing, green bean bake, sweet potatoes and pies! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My phamily always celebrates together! Through the years we had to start our own tradition having so many (5) kids! It was hard to travel when they were small, they are almost all grown now so we celebrate and I make individual cranberry and sour cream salad cups that are so refreshing. Everyone has seconds and thirds! Hee Hee! We also go around the table and everyone says what they are thankful for. I hope everyone has a terrific Thanksgiving Day. Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!