Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sugar and Spice.......that is what little girls are made of!


Hello sweet ladies,
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

My son just came by the farm this morning. You know it doesn't matter how old they are, they are the one treasure that God has given us and they will always be ours. When the Lord says that children are a gift from HIM........that is exactly what He means. My son gave me a hug............makes a Momma's heart feel warm! I am so grateful that all my children live so close to me. I am thinking that it was very hard for my Momma when I moved so far away. Spent some time with her yesterday........she lives in a nursing home 10 minutes from our farm. She is so precious.........she can't say much, but that is okay.....I can read her eyes........she loves me! We took allllll the grandkids in to see her. She looked at each one........I wonder what she thinks. I think she thinks I am blessed..........I am. All we can do is love on her and I guess that makes a difference to the Lord.

Yesterday my little granddaughters wanted to use the camera to take pictures of themselves and their American Girl dolls. Of course I said yes.......then they came in and said, "Can you put them up on your blog? They love my blog, I am glad........one day when I am gone.......they will have all the memories recorded. I said, "Of Course"!

Okay. This isn't funny!!!!!!! I have tried soooooo many time to upload the pictures.........not! . This computer is just being sooooo slow......... and only one came up. I will post for the girls when the computer is working better.

I have alllllllll the recipes compiled! Now Tressy will put the pictures we received with some of the cookie recipes and we will get them into PDF form!!!!!!!! You will not believe the cookie recipes..........they are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Cookbook! You are going love it also....... I just know you will!!!!!!!!!

Hugs from my farm to your precious HOME!

My chickens are clucking and the roosters a cock-a-doodling. The turkey is gobbling and talking to all the wild ones in the fields.........and this farmgirl is content..........thank you Lord for HOME.

Me

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate my mother so much more every day that I still have her here. We have lost my father-in-law, mother-in-law and my Dad. It's nice all the grandkids went to see your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always ah joy to visit your blog. I would say you are very blessed sweet lady. I hope to move back home one day...again. Somehow the countryside where I grew up calls me to come home. Have a wonderful weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Linda: My mom and dad are gone as well but when the aroma of dinner rolls drifted from my oven, I felt their presence. I ordered The Legend of Squanto for my grandkids. I love being home almost as much as you do. I am getting out Christmas things and am going outside to arrange some live pine on my deck. In the meantime, I am listening to an audio book entitled "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". Am looking forward to the recipes. Love your site and blog. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    So glad u were able to see your Mom, I know she Luved seeing u. My dad was somewhat like that, but I just know he felt my luv when I'd go to see him. Don't u just know luv is felt without words?

    Just know u r luvin on those grandbabies! Their dolls are so cute!

    Blessings...
    xoxoGert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda,
    Just checkin in with you to say hello and see what you've been up to. Sounds like your Momma enjoyed a wonderful visit this week! Lots of love!!!
    Tell the girls their dollies are adorable!
    Glad I got to see them!! ;)
    holykisses xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!