Thursday, November 25, 2010

May the Lord Bless You Today!



Good morning sweet ladies,

I am up early.........lots happening today..........but had to come and tell you that you are all such a blessing to me! I know I say that a lot.......but I do enjoy your precious friendship and I don't take it for granite. Now that I am not HOME 24/7, it has been hard to keep up with communicating with everyone. I do come and peek at your blogs........read, but can't always leave comments...... like I used to. It makes me sad......but this is a new season in my life. I had an anonymous person leave a comment some days back about my complaining about working outside the HOME and why didn't I quit working. ouch! I don't want to ever be a complainer..... whiner (on occasion) maybe, but not a complainer. Smile! I thought and thought and then I realized.......this is my personal journal......it is about the good and the hard.........it is okay to not like to work anywhere other than my HOME, if that is my heart. I love everything about being a Keeper At Home (everything).......but God has been so gracious to give our family a job together. It was at a time, if we didn't work outside we would loose everything we had worked for, for 38 years. It is hard to make a living today on a small farm. I love farming.......but those days are behind us..... as a full time occupation and if we are going to be able to keep the land we inherit.....we will have to work hard to keep it, but Praise the God of the universe that He heard our prayers to keep our family together as we had humbly asked. I have much to be thankful for this time we call Thanksgiving.........but it doesn't mean that my heart can't hurt because I want to be at HOME. I am learning contentment......but that is learned. Paul had to learn it when he was in prison. It is continuing to die to self.........and seeking Him together with my honey, as to what He wants to put in our life! Right now it is cooking for 650 young adults and some who need Jesus..........I know that the Lord has us right where we are........together........what a miracle that is in today's economy. I am sure you all have the same precious stories. God is in the business of weaving those tough times.....into our lives.......to make us depend on Him more..........that is where I am! One day I will see it all so clear in Heaven.........and ya know what? It really won't matter.........I will be with HIM.............and that is all that really matters. So thank you anonymous writer for making me think......I wish I could stay HOME......because that is best.......but I will think more on being content. We can always learn from others.

As I sit at our THANKSgiving table today.....and we bow our heads...........you will be on my lips, I will be telling my Jesus that I love you precious ladies and I will ask that He will make Himself known to you even more!

Tonight my house will be filled to the brim with 9 grandchildren...........you can't get better than that.............I will snuggle with them and tell them the Thanksgiving story........using my little Pilgrims and Indians.... and how God was with them......because it isn't about the Pilgrims and the Indians.......it's about the one who had a message for them to tell (and now HE is using us) .....so that we could share about God's Faithfullness........because it is ALL about HIM..........another memory!

If you would like our family favorites at Thanksgiving............click here.

Hugs sweet ladies from my FARM to your HOME!
Linda

P.S. Don't forget to sign up for our PARTY!!!!! I would love to have you! Read below! Oh and please pass it on..............we truly are having a wonderful time!

Also thank you ladies for the orders!!!!!!! It made my heart happy! The orders are going out tomorrow~

7 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Linda..you are a blessing and I think your new venture of working is a blessing too....God always provides...and in these times, wish I could find a outside job too but so far, it hasn't been Gods will..Applied alot of places but no call backs so I am at peace helping hubby in every way possible with our joint locksmith business plus taking care of the home front....wishing you and your family a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds to me like you are where God wants you to be and there's no place better to be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I was privileged to be a stay-at-home mom for 11 years, but for the last 3 years I've had to work. That's just how it is. I'm very thankful though that I'm able to work from home, and I don't have to actually leave my house to do my job. But that doesn't stop me from longing to just be a plain old regular wife and mom again. I understand your wanting to be at home, and I think many others do too. I love your blog because a lot of times you write exactly what I'm feeling. That's God speaking to me through you! See how He uses us to comfort each other! He is so Good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my dear Linda..I just know how you feel, but are such a blessing to all of us. As we learn along with you to take what God has in store for us and accept it with thankfulness. Not always easy..I know but it will come.

    I also know about journaling, it ours and sometimes we say things we thank and feel and they are not necessarily what others feel. But that is okay...

    Have a wonderful weekend and hope you had a blessed day yesterday.

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!