Saturday, November 6, 2010

Just A Little Update and Please send Your CHRISTmas Cookie Recipes!


This came to me..........delivered to the college kitchen........it was
fun while it lasted.....but only for a few days!!!!!
Hello Sweet ladies,

First off...........Please send your cookie recipe or recipes for the PRAIRIE FLOWER FARM CHRISTMAS COOKBOOK! I will wait until this Wednesday November the 10th and then I will start putting them together for a free "Download Cookbook". I have received about 10 so far..........but we had so many entries for the contest and you had told us all the wonderful recipes that you made each CHRISTmas!!!! Don't feel like you have to.......they just sounded so wonderful!

Remember when I won 2nd place in the cookie contest in the Create and Decorate Magazine? Well............ the other day I was at work and this big box was delivered. We live in a small town and everyone knows everyone so Bob wanted to save a trip in not having to go out to the farm. Well he brought in this big box and of course all the girls in the kitchen were all excited as to what it might have in it. It was addressed to ME! I was amazed that it was so big. It was from Create and Decorate! I was only to receive a Cookie Cookbook, a year subscription for a year and two packages of stickers. I opened the box and there was the Grand Prize Winner's gifts.......... but it had my name on it! I knew something had to be wrong here!!!!! I just couldn't keep it without seeing what was really going on, so when I got home I contacted my contact person (Beverly) and sure enough I got the Winner's Box. Oh my it was adorable.........but it didn't live in my house for long! It was kind of fun to see it on my kitchen counter for a few days though. The story goes on. When I contacted Beverly the very first time, when I entered the contest..... I submitted two designs...that maybeeeee they might want for their Create and Decorate Magazine. I reminded Beverly about that in the email and she said to please send them again, that she had looked but couldn't find them........so instead of two .......this time I submitted four..........they took them ALL!!!!! They will pay me for the patterns.... I am squeeling!!!!!!! I am so excited I can't stand it.....well I may be exaggerating a little bit here......but I am very very very happy! So I will be in the August 2011, Holiday Issue 2011 and December 2011 Issue...........can you believe it? I will keep you posted...... but it is going to really be fun to go to the magazine racks and see my designs in the Create and Decorate Magazine. Really a dream come true. I have always wanted to be in there and now...........I AM GOING TO BE! Now.... if you haven't downloaded the


Homespun Snowman Cookie yet, please click here. If you want to subscribe to the Magazine click here They are not making me do this........it is just a really fun magazine.... if you like to craft, paint or stitch! So... that has been a little fun for this lady and I just had to tell someone..........so it had to be you........ALL!

Today the sun is shining beautiful.........and it is going to be a little warmer then yesterday. The nights are getting colder. I am HOME for the morning and then off to the fencing site..........ugh! It will be over one day and I will be very happy. I am happy now.......it just cuts into my life.....plus the college kitchen.......but in two weeks I will be able to come back HOME for 10 days...........I can't wait!!!!!!

Little Red is gone............it makes my heart sad...........she was the one that would run to me when I came outside......I would put her in my arms and take her to the milk barn so she could lay her egg. We have had a big hawk around........maybe he got her. I never trained her she just always came running........even if I was across the yard. At least I have the memories!

Please send the recipes to my email at the top right hand side on the side bar. I will be waiting! Please don't feel any pressure. Life is soooooo filled to the top.....I understand.......completely!

Hugs from my FARM to your HOME and know that you are loved by me......
and a LOT BY JESUS in case you didn't know!

ME

15 comments:

  1. Yeah! So happy about for you about the magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda...how exciting! This just had to make you ~smile~ and ~smile~! Nothing nicer or more fun then to get a package or/and to win something! How amazing to be in all these editions to their magazine!! Continue to pray for you and your family, try to stay warm as you work outside!

    Blessings....
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, where do we send the cookie recipes? Or rather, how? Do we just post them here or do you have an email address I missed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My other comment got lost! BUT, it went something like this...

    Congratulations, Linda! What a treat to win, but I'm sure you were certainly deserving! I hope it softens the loss of Little Red just a bit.

    If you were a thousand miles or so closer, I'd just love to sit and have coffee with you once in a while and soak up some of that joy that spills out of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie ladies........I am at Spangles.........internet!!!!!!

    Hi MAMA Hen, so nice of ou to stop toda!

    Hello Gert, Thank you!!!!

    Amy my email address is prairieflowerfarm@gmail.com. Please send it there. You can put a picture if you would like or not. Hope all is well with you.......praying.......sending you a big hug........wish we could live closer also!!!!!!! HEAVEN will be so precious!
    Hugs, LInda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Linda! I am not sure how I came across your site but I am so glad I did. I look forward to it everyday. One day, not too long ago, I was just browsing in a barn called The Mouse House. It always has a lot of antiques etc. I spotted a book entitled "Heart of the Home" by Susan Branch. It was only $2.00 and was too cute to pass up. I finally put 2 and 2 together...duh!..this is the same Susan Branch you mention quite often. I have never heard of her. Now that I do, I am going to get more of her books. One other thing, an e-mail has been going around asking people to answer a number of questions. One question is:Name one thing you are NOT. Almost everyone types in the word "creative". I am wondering....why aren't all of us creative or is it we just think we aren't and if we really do believe we suck at creativity, how do you become creative. Is it just a hangup we have or is it a self-fulfilled prophecy or what? I feel so insignificant around women especially who can sew, cook, restore, paint, arrange, grow things. Surely there has to be a solution to this so that one day no one will have to consider themselves as unimaginative and/or uncreative. Thanks for listening and I love your site. Mary S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the magazine with your cookie recipe in it when Gary & I were at Borders (Bookstore) last week! I showed it to him and pointed to your name. It was exciting to see it in print (though I know this isn't a new thing for YOU)!

    If I had Grandma Rosa's raisin-filled cookie recipe, I'd send it to you in an instant! They were like two sugar cookies with a raisin filling inside sprinkled with sugar outside. For some reason, I never got the recipe and no one seems to know it :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on winning the cookie contest. I bought the 'food gifts' magazine you mentioned in a previous post while I was out today. You were right.It is full of good ideas.We would much rather give a gift of food than a dust collector.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda...yeah, squeals of delight :) :) :) I'm so excited...I was praying that Beverly and Create and Decorate magazine would take your designs..They're fabulous and so are you!!! Awesome news...and I LOVE that magazine too...I subscribed based on your recommendation and it's worth every penny and then some!!!!

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you! Your designs that I have seen are amazing so I am not surprised that they want to use the designs you submitted. I check out the magazine at the library but have to wait too long. I think it is one I will have to consider subscribing to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - congratulations Linda!! That's wonderful. I'm so happy for you. I will be sure to check out the magazine.
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just did - make a new friend! What a refreshing post! Loved my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda. Congratulations on your selling your patterns and being featured is such a wonderful magazine!!! That's really wonderful. I just emailed you my recipe. Sorry I took so long.

    Have a beautiful Sunday.

    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bless you for your honesty!

    How exciting that your patterns will be featured. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news about the magazine!

    Just think, if that winners box hadn't been mis-delivered AND if you hadn't been the good-hearted person you are and called Beverly...well, let's just say good deeds are returned in kind. So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!