Thursday, February 23, 2012

500 Cookies.......and 600 Kids Tomorrow To Feed......pray for me!

Hello sweet ladies,

What a day!!!!!!! We baked hard and fast all day long! We are having 200 extra high schoolers at the college on Friday.......that means 600 to feed! I started as soon as we got in on making cookies.......just me baking them. I have 500 cookies  wrapped in baskets.....ready to go! I kept the oven going! We also made cupcakes, brownies and lemon bars. We are ready.......well sorta. Now we have to bake for the Friday evening and for the weekend! Pray for us. It gets really hard sometimes when you have deadlines to meet. I will also be serving chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and a veggie. My arm will be sore by the time I am done. 600 kids will all be at my line.....it happens every time! I am not complaining....it will just be a stressful time! 


I took this pic.......it is now one of my fav's! Notice the kitty? It is the milk house where I love on all my little chicks and Cochins. It is where Miss Milly and Missy Thatcher are sitting on 12 eggs.........and where kitty cats stay the night with the Cochins. One of my special places on the farm. Used to be the place where Grandpa Jack kept his milk cool until the milkman came by to pick it up!

Now I have put a new way for you to be a "follower of Prairie Flower Farm". It is real easy. My Google Friend Connect has not been working for some time and they are ending it anyway. Sooooo........ now I have what is called "Linky Followers"........it is on my sidebar on the side up at the top where it says Become A Linky Follower, click on the Follow Me, if you would like. I have used Linky before for other things. Very reputable company. 


I put this pic up the other day......just wanted you to know which horse. 

Our pregnant horse, Juneau has a hurt leg....well really a limp, not good. We will be taking her to the vet on Friday afternoon. Please pray with us, that it is not something real bad. She has a little over one more month to go on her pregnancy. Her baby is really growing and doing very well. Thank you! 

I got this from Delainey's Grammy Sue, my heart aches for this precious family. We will not loose heart ladies......we will keep praying and asking the Lord for help!
Christy (the Momma of Delainey) wrote:
"Heard back from the doctors at Mayo Clinic.  They have decided the best course of action is to do nothing at this point.  They feel the medication would do more harm than good.  Feeling so frustrated.  On the bright side of things, my daughter is now opening her mouth to get food from the spoon!!! Not a lot but every little bit counts.  Believe it or not this is a big deal, before we kind of had to shove (the spoon) in between her clamped lips...LOL.  15 months old !!!"
We love our little girl so much.  Medically, it seems there is nothing anyone can or will do for her.  It's not easy, knowing the facts of a Trisomy 18 child.  Taking one day at a time.  Thank you all for praying, dear Ladies! Grammy Sue
We are thankful for you also Grammy Sue and Christy!


Thank you ladies.......for being such precious prayer warriors! Momma and Grammy need prayer also. You can only imagine their broken hearts. 




You have until Saturday to sign up for the Prairie Flower Seed Swap! Go here and get my email addy. I will then need you to send your "MAILING ADDRESS please to my email addy ! 


Hope all is well with you all.......tomorrow is Friday! Can't wait until later in the day, I will be free......smile! 

Hugs to all you precious ladies......know you are loved.....by me and especially by Jesus!

Linda

11 comments:

  1. Best of luck, Linda! You will be tired tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for strength for you, Linda! Am also praying that the vet will find all is well with your horse this afternoon. Hope you will be able to have a restful weekend after so much busyness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting that about the baby, Linda. It's so easy to get stuck in our own problems that we forget others have far more difficult circumstances to deal with.

    When I first saw your title, I thought, 'Wow, that's a LOT OF COOKIES.' Hope all goes well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda..I can't imagine doing all that baking...I hope they realize how lucky they are to have you! My prayers are with you today in all of your endevores today.

    My prayers are with you!
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Linda,

    Oh, You've probably baked and cooked everything you needed for this weekend already. How did you manage? Did I hear you mention lemon bars? Yes, plese, I'll have a lemon bar ;) :)

    I'll be praying for your horse, Juneau. I'll also be keeping Delainey in my prayers, too. Thanks for the update from her family!!!

    Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi tired lady!! by this time you're probably all done at work! time to sit, have a cup of tea w/a 'crumpet' and relax tonight!!! maybe a stitch or two at the s-machine!?? prayers for your Juneau and baby Delainey!! have a great weekend! ^)^linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok...going to try this again. I hope all is well with all the baking.....I am sure there won't be one crumb left! Hope the pregnant horse gets ok and delivers her healthy baby soon. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy week-end Linda, what a great way to end a very busy week, hearing good music, and worship! Rest your arms this week-end! It made me tired just hearing about all you had to do yesterday! Hope you didn't fall asleep during the music!
    Rest is in order for you this week-end!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I am praying that Juneau will be fine, and praying for little Delainey and Christy and Grammy Sue, so much on their shoulders! Also praying for little Tenlee and family.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will pray for you, Linda, as you feed all those kids! LOVE the milkhouse/chickenhouse! it's adorable. I will pray for Juneau and her baby too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!