Sunday, February 19, 2012

It is Time For Aother Prairie Flower Farm Seed Swap!

Hello sweet ladies,


I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday......I did. Worked on my pattern, went outside and planted my lettuce patch,  got to sew to my hearts content......picked up the house...went to the hen house and gathered eggs.......alllllll day long, did things that were dear to my heart. Grandkids were coming to spend the night...best part of my Saturday!!! Vitaliy was here and he and his brother Ian played the wii. All I heard from V while he was playing was "Dude", "Dude", "wyyy uuuu do dat dude, he is so fun to have in our Home. Please keep praying for his adjustment to school. Thank you!

I was out in the Potter's Shed working and while I was planting my lettuce I thought, "it was about time that we had another Prairie Flower Farm Seed Swap! We had such a sweet time with the Tea swap! ANYONE CAN SIGN UP! Please let me know, if you don't want overseas. If you want to pass the word around you can use the picture at the top. I will be posting this over on my facebook also!


I am just itchin for SPRING, but planting my little seeds is helping! Okay.........all you have to do is put 2nd seed swap in the subject line. If you have a blog please put that info in also, only if you would like. Please... please, if you sign up make sure you send the seeds. I will be including your email addy and if you have a blog to your partner. That will help to stay in touch,  if you get sick or any other reason. We had one lady who was in a wreck and some got really ill, so there are reason and we understand that. 

All you have to do is buy or make a card, add a package or two of seeds and get to know your swap partner.  

 My email addy is
prairie flower farm at gmail dot com 

Just email me leaving me your mail address......and that is it! I will match you with your partner. Easy and fun! 

We will close sign up on Saturday February 25th. 

Thought I would show you what I did yesterday. I went to the potters shed that has the feed trough that I use for part of my garden......remember the place I planted my garlic? 


See how well it is doing? Pure Sweetness.......a gift from our Father.......He thought of everything!!!!! For our needs! 
Thanking Him........big time! 


At the other end of the trough I leveled out the dirt and straw that I had from last year. No weeds! Yeah! I took some potting soil and put a layer on top. 


I first sprinkled my spinach seeds............
then butternut crunch and red lettuce. Sprinkled a layer of dirt on the top. Using my water can I watered over the top lightly. Then I put a layer of straw. 


Now this part I have to explain........have you ever noticed that if you have a glass that is over the ground and then if you lift it even with snow around it, it will have green little weeds under it? It is kind of like a little greenhouse. Well that happened to me last year out in the garden. I thought why can't I take and do the same kind of thing with a plastic box? So that is what I did on top of my lettuce. I am trying it and I will let you know how it works. When it gets real cold at night I will put some plastic over the top of that. I have to put the screens on top so it keeps out my Girlies and Guys.....they can tear up a garden so fast!  It was fun to get some dirt under my nails........spring is so close ladies!


Found this on Pinterest click.........doing it! I tried this last year, but this year I will get bent branches........looks cuter!

One more thing........I found this on the web.........neat idea if you have a small space. 


click and go and listen.

Listening to the scriptures this morning......it is traveling through out our home........hopefully landing on little souls........knowing the Holy Spirit is doing what He does best.......He will change the hearts that are listening. 

My grandchildren are so precious to me. I will pour into them while I can. One day they hopefully will look back and "know" their Grammie loved Jesus! 

Please a comment here on this post if you want to do this.....it will  encourage ladies to maybe want to also. I can't wait to see who will enter. 

Hugs to your home........from our farm......trusting your SONday of worship is precious!

Linda

P.S. I left best for last........today is my sweet man's birthday...........love of my life......will heart him for..........evvAAA! 
Our family is coming out to celebrate his life.........

SSSSSSOOOOO

SWEET MAN, when you read this? 

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE 
SWEETEST MAN ON EARTH!!!!!!


27 comments:

  1. Hello just come from my father in law house where we was on vacation!!!! We have a nice time, just read about your Seed swap!!!! I will happy to sign up. I have so wonderfull bloom last year and meet and so sweet friend!!!! You can sign me in!!! Be blessed dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you got a vacation!!!!!!!! Glad you are signing up for the party!!!!!!! You be blessed also!!!!!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Dear Mr. Stubbs. I pray your day and year will be greatly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Mr. Phil! He had a very very wonderful afternoon with family and a special dinner! It was a good day! Hugs! me

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to the Mr!

    I can't believe you are already planting your lettuce....I've been tempted, but haven't started anything yet. Next week I thought I would start some peppers and tomatoes inside, but I haven't found any seed out this year yet. I have some old seed from several years ago, so I will start with that. If it doesn't grow, I am not out anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your honey. I would like to join in on the Seed Swap. I tried to sign up last year, even bought the seeds, they are still setting on my computer desk. I never received any info, so will try again & see if this works. I will email my addy.
    Love your boots in the photo. Thanks for doing the swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Lodi, I need your mail addy please! Sorry about the last one! I love my boots also. They are my favorite ones! You are so welcome for doing the swap! Hugs, me

      Delete
  5. Bahaha! Love your "for...evvaaa" lol. He is a good ole guy :D I wished Phil happy b-day on his fb. Hope y'all have a wonderful time at his b-day celebration.
    Love your boots! I wanna do the seed swap :) It was fun last year :D

    Love,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess who I got the for...evvaaa from. Heehee he is good! I told hi. Thank you about my boots. I love wearing my night gown and those around the farm! Thank you for doing the swap....I think it will be fun. Hugs, me

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet hubby! What an amazing man he is!!

    Wow..you're planting already...you truly are a farmer's wife..smile!!

    Yes, I will post this exchange on my blog...what fun this will be!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your dear man! Enjoy the festivities! You are inspiring me to plant spring things early in a sunny room!
    Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I told my sweet man what you said. Hugs sweet friend, me

      Delete
  8. Seed swap! Ive already have some to send. Hurry Spring. Happy Birthday Mr. Stubbs from Nashville

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seed swap! Ive already have some to send. Hurry Spring. Happy Birthday Mr. Stubbs from Nashville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, I will need your mail addy!!!!!! Thank you and I told my sweet man what you said! He said thank you! Hugs, me

      Delete
  10. Today is my precious granddaughter's birthday also - she turned 10. Grandchildren are more precious than silver and gold. Pass the word on to you special man - "Happy Birthday!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell your granddaughter Happy Birthday to her! I told my sweet man.......he said thank you!
      Me again

      Delete
  11. Oh I wasn't on your blog last year - how does the seed swap work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is real easy. You send me your mail address, I will then match you with your seed partner. You will then send her 1-2 packages of seeds in a card, sharing a little about yourself. She will also send to you. Just kind of a fun thing to get to know a Prairie Flower Girl! Hope this helps. My email addy is prairieflowerfarm@gmail.com Hope to hear from you!
      Hugs to your day!
      Linda

      Delete
  12. Dear Linda,
    yesterday I finished the stitcheries "winter all year long". I had so much fun and I want to say thank you for the E-book. If you want you can take a look on my blog. As you see I have to finish the PW-Blocks...but it will take a few days (because I also have to go to work ;-))
    Many greetings from germany.
    Sigrid (sigisart)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came to see.....Beautiful!!!!!! You are so so welcome. I love having little gifts for you ladies. Glad you enjoyed. Can't wait to see the whole quilt done! Blessings from the States!
      Hugs to your day! Linda

      Delete
  13. Hi Linda,
    I was curious about the spinach, buttercrunch and red lettuce seeds. Did you sprinkle them all together or in seperate rows? I'm thinking seperate rows...although if they were all growing mix up together, that might be kind of interesting, too :) :)

    I just love reading about all the stuff you're planting. It'll be really nice to see it all grow ;) :)

    LOVE the Word...and having it literally flow through the house via audio sets a really nice tone in the home!!!

    Happy, Happy Birthday to you sweet husband :) :) Enjoy the day and enjoy your family :) :)

    I'm glad you had time to sew and do fun things this weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of CAlifornia, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather......what I do is I had a patch about 3ft by 2 ft. I break it into 3 parts. I put about 12" of spinach, same on the other two. I don't do the rows. It is not needed. My ground is really nice so I don't have to worry about weeds. Hope that helps. Today it is raining so last night I took the plastic top off the top. It will get all the rain, which will be wonderful! Ask me any questions you want.I will try to answer.
      love you, me

      Delete
  14. Oh Linda,
    thanks for the info. I think I can attempt to grow one thing this year...something small, because I don't have money to buy containers. Something will end up getting repurposed...for sure!!! I can afford "dirt" :) :) :) I don't know anything about "zones". How do I figure out which growing zone I'm in? Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!