Monday, February 20, 2012

Sandhill Cranes.........and Thunder!


Hello Sweet Ladies,

When we got off work, a storm was rolling in. It started raining and then there was thunder........loud thunder!  


We really get excited when when we hear thunder, since we had the drought last summer. We didn't get to hear it very much. 













The sky was beautiful. Our daughter was able to take some pictures. 













Talk about a beautiful sky.......not much rain.......but that was okay!



Later in the evening hundreds of Sandhill Cranes came over Prairie Flower Farm. All over the sky from every direction. Absolutely beautiful. They were making so much noise. I was grabbing for my camera and Tressa was out the door before me and captured them. Wish you could have seen them. 

Last night I had taken the plastic off the lettuce I planted. I thought if it did rain, like they said it would.  The little seeds would get some rich nitrogen on them. God's water is so much better for my little seeds.  It is amazing what a little bit of rain will do. It was good that I had done that. 

When I got home I went out to do chores (while the wind was blowing so hard) and gathered the eggs. I saw the sweetest site (of course I didn't have my camera). When I stepped into the big Chicken House a Girlie Hen was in one of the nesting boxes...... with a kitty cat....in with her.........together as she laid her egg. Sad I didn't get a pic for you. Made me smile though!


So many ladies are signing up for the Prairie Flower Farm Seed Swap, don't miss out. Just send me your home mailing addy to prairie flower farm at gmail dot com All you have to do is buy or make a card, write a note about yourself. Share, if you have a blog, if you would like. you can use seeds from your own flowers or garden or buy a few packages of seeds. I will give you your partner and then you will send the seeds off. I will take names until this Saturday February 25th, then I will match you up.  Read post below if you want more details.  


 Hugs from farm and may the Lord bless you!!!!!!!

Linda

9 comments:

  1. Wow! We see a crane or two once in a while here in TN but I have never seen that many at a time. We do have large flocks of Canadian geese though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Canadians and snow geese. Love hearing and watching them fly over. Amazing birds. hugs sweet friend, me

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed hearing the Sandhill Cranes! We have hundreds of Canada Geese fly over and land in the field behind our house in Oregon. The Cranes seem to be noisier than the Geese. I so much enjoy hearing the geese as they fly over our house. God has made such a beautiful world to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed hearing the Sandhill Cranes! We have hundreds of Canada Geese fly over and land in the field behind our house in Oregon. The Cranes seem to be noisier than the Geese. I so much enjoy hearing the geese as they fly over our house. God has made such a beautiful world to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I love the pictures. Your post made me think of my grandmother. She always told us that if it thundered in February, it would freeze in April. She was from MS and believe in watching the sites and sounds of nature. We had thunder last week so we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those clouds might and beautiful :) :) I'm thankful you got some much-needed rain :) :) I"m excited for the seed swap :) :) Did I tell you I'm going to attempt growing tomatoes this year? Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister in Florida has had two sand hill cranes who come to their backyard every day for probably 10 years. They feed them, and if the food is not out they will go to the window and peck on the window. Once they had a baby and brought it with them. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!