Sunday, February 26, 2012

His Mercies Are New Every Morning!

Good morning sweet ladies,

Thanks so much for the sweetness left here on my blog and fb. It was an encouragement to my soul yesterday. It sure was a bummer of a day! Waiting for my chickens to come back out of their hiding......was a little nervy! 


My Daddy Mottled Rooster came back last night........precious gift. I was so happy! All my little Cochins except for my Daddy Black Cochin are Home........SWEET!!!! I have a list, to order some new chickens.........the family who's dog came to our farm are buying them for me. That is precious and blessed my heart big time. 

I want to explain something. Yesterday when the dog came back I was angry..........but I didn't want it to rule me. There is a difference.......it is how I live it out that matters to me. When I was a little girl life was hard.......there was lots and lots of anger in our Home.....then Jesus Christ met me and I learned a new way to live. This morning when I opened my Bible this is what my precious Father gave me.

Be Holy
Therefore, prepare (make something ready for use or consideration) your minds for action; be self-controled (the ability to control oneself, in particular one's emotions and desires or the expression of them in one's behavior, esp. in difficult situations) , set your HOPE fully on the Grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as He who called you IS HOLY, so be Holy in all you do, for it is written "Be holy as I am HOLY". 1 Peter 1:13-16

You can't get much plainer than that! Is it always easy to walk......no and the precious thing is He understands that.  I don't always do it the way that pleases my Heavenly Father........but I want to and He knows that. So I have already decided in my heart, that I will try to handle it when someones does something to hurt me, to not do the same to them. I don't want to own the anger........I want to continue to give grace and I do HAVE to call on the Lord to help me do that. Jesus took more loss then I would ever dare to and has given sooooooo much forgiveness, how can I do less? My sin is enough to keep me unsaved, but because of Him He has given me His Life for mine.  Again, I hurt and I get angry, but where will it get me to let it rule me? I have been there and it is not a good place to be. My anger can touch every one and everything it gets close to.  I HAVE to Run to Him and trust Him with the results and He will work out the details.



Last Friday our family went to a concert where Kari Jobe sang..........this song says what I want to live........easy no.......doable..........yes.......only when I stay in His Presence.

Trying to live a Grace giving life........

Linda

My sheep hear My voice, and I KNOW them, and they follow Me...  
                      John 10:27

I sooooooo want to be a follower of HIM.
He has a call on my life.........He gave me this verse this last week when at work I had a lot of pressures and life had it hurts......

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. 
              Micah 6:8

P.S. 
Oh one more thing......I did lose my Shelby who always sat and slept in the tree outside my kitchen window. Well now my little fancy tailed Banty Rooster sits in it and sings.....enjoying!


10 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have nice neighbors like that. We finally fenced off an area for the hens to safely roam. But now a neighbors cat has killed my darling frizzled Cochin bantam hen. Her babies from last year will have to stay in a coop with run to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, so glad they came out of hiding..and so glad the neighbors are so good to buy your new chicks..they sound like good people..I'm sure farm life is hard, loss but then life..have a blessed day

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. your neighbors did what good neighbors should do. they probably feel worse about their dog causing your loss/hurt than you! i'm so glad you wrote how you didn't let your anger control you! i wish you the very best in your replacement of your 'brood'! we will all be anxiously awaiting their first pics here! ^)^L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what good news! Very good neighbors and actually very kind of you to accept their offer...it will make them feel good :) Our little Cochin hen has decided not to lay eggs lately, so glad you are getting some chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Linda, first thank you so much for visiting my blog. I always 'love' your comments! I am so thankful that your neighbors are doing the right thing in buying you some replacements. You are such a loving person! We are blessed to have you as our friend!!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I love your new picture on your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Linda, I'm glad your chickies are back home now. Just a little hint if that dog comes back to raid your farm again. Our very best sheep dog decided to have fun with our hens one day which was most unlike her. What started as a game to her was now a hunt.She killed one before we got to her. My husband tied the dead chook to her collar for 1/4 of an hour an she was not a very happy dog as she couldn't get away from that thing she had just killed. We then removed the dead chook and she never went anywhere near our hens again. If your neighbour would allown it, this might do the trick with that dog as, I'm afraid to say, once he has the taste of the kill, he will probably be back. Hope this helps.
    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda: your posts are always so uplifting...this one especially. You have been blessed beyond measure and He always gives you the desires of your heart. This post is especially dear to me and a reminder that He alone holds my life in His hands. That passage in Peter is so precious! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda,
    It looks like I've missed something here :( :( I'm trying to keep up with blogs, not always easy :( It sounds like you've lost some chickens and I'm sorry for that ;( :( I'm glad that your neighbor's are buying you some more...and I'm glad another hen is making her home in that tree and singing for you :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of CAlifornia, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, So sorry you lost your sweet Shelby and other chickens. It is so nice of you to accept the offer of new chicks. It takes a lot of time, feed, care and electricity (for warmth) to raise new ones up to egg-laying-age, and in the meantime you are losing the eggs the hens would have laid. My sons raise chickens for eggs. They bring them to church and people are so glad to be able to buy farm fresh eggs from them. We have an outdoor run for our chickens even though it would be so fun to see them running around the farm yard. They are our 23 little workers and they provide us with plenty of eggs and entertainment! Plymouth Barred Rock breed. Love the speckles!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!