Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Life life and Farm life!

Hello sweet ladies! 

My oh my........when life hits it's hit hard! First off the horse was doing very well this morning and that is good news! We ended up getting home yesterday after work and the girls went to go and help our friend with her horse. The horse had not been doing well and so we called one of our friends who knows a lot about taking care of horses. He told us to walk the horse and keep it from laying down. That meant we all had to take turns walking him and we did for 2 hours. He was doing better when we left and for that we were so thankful.


When we were at their place the sun was starting to go down. I was so wanting to be home and when I looked to the west........I could tell that  God was encouraging me with His beauty. When we put our desires aside and love those around us........God will let us always know that we have done the right thing. He painted such a beautiful picture......He knew I was looking........I said thank you......just when I needed Him, He blessed me!!

We got SNOW today!!!!!!!!!So beautiful!

When I woke up this morning I had kind of a heaviness on me. Didn't know why.........I just kept praying and asking Jesus for His presence. Later in the day I got a call........my Momma wasn't doing well. She is 79 and lives in a nursing home and has for the last 12 years....... not far from our home. She can't talk and has had dementia for some time.........but I still love that she is not very far from me, even though she can't really communicate other then by her eyes. The nurse was telling me that it wasn't good. I still had to finish my time at work and left to go see her soon after. It was hard to see my sweet momma when I came into her room. They have called Hospice to help us. I am asking the Lord to do what He sees best. It hurts me to even write, but I know that He has her best in mind. She asked the Lord for Him to exchange His life for hers, a long time ago, so for that I am so grateful. I can trust Him during this time. My heart hurts, so I ask for prayer please. She is so precious to me.  I would love to have her all better and have more years with her, if that is what the Lord wills. I am asking!


The trees were so puffy with the snow!

On top of that....... we came home after being with Momma and Squirt the little lamb wasn't doing well. I couldn't even question it.......I called my friend who gave him to us,  wrapped him in a towel and off we went. She gave him a shot, some med's and vitamins. He has labored  breathing and I am just holding on.......boy can life be hard sometimes. We are praying he doesn't get pneumonia. He is staying in our kitchen tonight and we are praying. Farm life isn't always the easiest......but it does have so many wonderful parts to it. 


Just a note before leaving for work ( wrote this post last night). Little Squirt didn't make it through the night. Not sure what happened, but things like this happen. Thank you for the prayers......you are all so precious! Linda


Thank you to everyone who has signed up for our party!!!!!!!!! It has been such a bright part of my day, when I get to check in on who has come! If you haven't yet signed up........please do! Go down two posts and sign up please.


Hugs to each of you and 
thank you for being such precious friends!

Linda





29 comments:

  1. Oh my dear Linda, I am so sorry to hear all this news. My prayers are with you and your family. This really can be terribly difficult...I have no words that can take your worry and concern away. I thank God you are such a Godly woman and such an inspiration to all of us.

    Blessings & love,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, prayers for you and your family! Take care!

    Hugs from,
    Linda in Wichita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda! Sounds like a very trying time. Praying for you. Praying for that peace that surpasses all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda, Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. May God be with you always and carry you thru the tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how tender and sweet your heart is. There aren't one-size-fits-all band-aids for the heart, so I've just asked Jesus to fit one specially for your hurts. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I am praying for you and your family. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Linda, I am so sorry for all the pain that you are going through. So sorry about squirt! Such a sweet little animal! I am praying for you and your family, that the time you have with your Mother will be precious, I can just picture her twinkling eyes looking up to you with love, and what a comfort to know that she loves Jesus! Blessings to you Linda, you are a sweet spirit, and a comfort to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for the situation with your Momma. My Mom has some form of dementia too, but also knows the Lord as her savior. She is such a joy to me and lives right nearby. I will pray for you as you go through this with her, and will pray for her also. So sorry to hear of little Squirt also. He was so adorable. Yes, life with animals is so hard. It's hard to see them go. Thank you for your good testimony. The Lord is using you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will be praying for all of you, Linda. I am so sorry that all of this is hitting at once, but also know that "as thy days, so shall thy strength be" and that God promises His grace will be sufficient for you. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. And yes, thank you for your wonderful testimony to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh LInda,

    I'm so sorry to hear about Little Squirt :( :( I know that he brought nothing bought joy while he was with you. It brought me joy to read about all little cute antics ;) :) :) Does his little cat friend realize that he's gone?

    I'll be praying for your momma...that she'll do better. I'm so glad that she accepted Christ into her heart..that's the best thing ever :) :) I'll be praying for her, for you, for the rest of the family!!!!

    Love and hugs to you friend, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are in my thought and my prayers. So sorry to hear your mother isn't doing well.
    Sorry, too, about little squirt. Hope things get better for you soon.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sweet Linda, I am so sorry about your little lamb and your sore heart over your mama. You are in my prayers, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for you all in these valleys. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be praying for you and your mother. I was responsible for my mother's care (while working full-time). My heart goes out to you. I am also so sorry to hear about Squirt. I know who quickly we become attached to our sweet critters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. linda,
    i'm so sorry for your loss of squirt...he was so adorable! i am praying for your mother
    ...your strong faith will carry you & your family through this difficult time. God Bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear about Squirt and your mother. I will be praying.
    Love,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sorry Linda, My mom has Alzheimers and it is hard to deal with. Mine is close too, thank God for that. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda: You've had a hard day, no doubt about that. I've offered up the prayer that never fails "God's will be done." I totally understand where your heart is right now and the pain you are feeling. Not so long ago my sweet mama was in hospice too, and the pain is almost unbearable, but God will take care of her. He knows what to do! Bless your heart! I'm so sorry to hear about Squirt too. He knows he was loved!! You're in my thoughts and prayers. In everything, give thanks, GrandmaSoucie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please know Prayers and tender hugs are winging their way to you and yours..<3<3

    Nancy Narma tenderheart@echoes.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry you lost your sweet baby lamb, life is so hard for us sometimes and throws a lot at us. Will keep your momma and family in my thoughts and prayers, yes God's will will be done and he will do what is best.
    Please take care Linda.
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am praying for your sweet family. I'm praying for God's will and that He will give your family the strength they need at this time.

    Much love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello sweet ladies, thank you so much for taking the time to write to me today. Your kind words and prayers definitely blessed myself and family. It has been hard.......but I choose to trust my Father in Heaven. You all are have been so precious to me Thank you so much!

    Hugs, Me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Linda I am so sorry about little Squirt. I just do not know life at all! But I am grateful the little fellow had your family to love him for such a short while. God bless you all. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Praying for you tonight my sweet friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Linda, I am so sorry about the loss of your little lamb and the decline of your mother's health. It seems that sometimes life hits us really hard. Keep your eyes on the Lord He is there with you.
    I will lift up my eyes unto the hills from wence cometh my help? My help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth. Ps. 121:1-2

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Linda: Hope your mom will start feeling better. It is hard to see them like this when we are so used to seeing such robust women who did it all and then some. I will be praying for all of you. I went to a seminar on Square Foot Gardening. There is a great book out by Mel Bartholomew. I hope to do SFG this summer. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh Linda- i am sorry about Little Squirt and I am keeping you and your momma in my prayers ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am sorry to hear of this miss Linda! :( Squirt was so cute!

    Sounds to me like the enemy is trying to get you down! Keep up the good work of NOT letting him win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!