Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Five Cochin Girly Eggs in the BASKET!

Hello sweet ladies............
We have a precious letter from Regina..........


You know, lots of times we hear people say, "I'll pray for you."  and you never really know if they did or not.  That was not the case with Tenlee.  We saw many miracles such as friends taking care of kiddos, bringing food, and sharing the burden when we needed to cry or laugh.   I knew you guys were praying and I thought I would share a few of the miracles that came about because you care.  


1.  The surgery...it was amazing!  One of the doctors drew a diagram of the surgery on Tenlee's door.  Even after looking at it every time I went through the door, I still can't wrap my brain around all the work that went into forming those chambers and making them work together the way they were supposed to.  AND, Dr. Harrell did such a good job sewing her heart that it didn't leak at all.  I don't have any idea how many or how small those stitches are, but when the other doctor drew the diagram, it had over 50 stitches just in one little area.  

2.  A nurse named Gail...she went to work immediately after the "problem" occurred.  Kisa was able to visit with her and tell her that she probably saved Tenlee's life and that she would always be grateful.

3.  Tenlee's heart...it went from being damaged from the CPR to the point of needing to have surgery done again to working right!  Tenlee's kidneys, liver, and heart all started working without the aid of medicine.  Her lungs are getting better by the minute.  Don't you love seeing miracles?!

4.  The power of touch...Tenlee's blood pressure dropped lower than it should have been.  The nurses were about to give her platelets when John, Tenlee's dad, reached over and touched her head.  As he rubbed her head, her blood pressure rose right up to where it should be.  No platelets needed!

5.  And you...what an awesome miracle to behold, the number of people that stopped each day to lift Tenlee in prayer!  We will never know who you are and can never thank you enough.  I know that many of you forwarded our emails and text messages to others so please do that again.  We want you all to know that you will forever hold a special place in our hearts and in Tenlee's new heart!  We love you all,

Jack & Regina Tonn (Pawpaw & Nonna)
Kisa & John Luther (Mom & Dad)
McKenzie & Braydon (sister & brother)
and so many more! 

I just want to thank all of you also.........Prairie Flower Farm has become a place of prayer! Ladies, pray for your sweet men, children, grandchildren, family members, friends, those in government, state..........the list goes on! It is so important that we let the Lord know we need His help. We have just been shown how important it is!  Blessings to all of you for your the time you gave to this precious family! 



Hope you had a good day! Mine was baking for a catering, breakfast, lunch and dinner desserts. Tressa made the "famous" Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Cupcakes recipe. She made over 200........I think they are one of the kids favorites! The day went by fast! For that I am so grateful......I think some of you pray that for us! Smile!


As soon as I got home I ran down to the milk house to check on the Cochin Girlies........I saw 4 eggs IN THE NEW BASKET, the one I bought at Hobby Lobby. Most of the time they lay their eggs in the nest boxes and only one in the basket, but not today! I was so excited! That means at least one of the girlies will sit on some eggs in the basket, which I wanted so bad! 


I went back about an hour later to gather the eggs and feed the babies......another girlie had laid another egg! That was a total of 5 eggs in the basket today! My idea worked to get them at least used to the basket. I can just see babies on top of their Momma's back in the basket. The egg on the far left was soft  and rubbery. A girl is laying eggs for the first time.......she will have a hard one probably next the time. 


Thought I would show you a few of my finds today on Pinterest!



Isn't it so pretty? I found it at V and Co.  Need a sign for Prairie Flower Farm and a Fresh Farm Eggs. Cute cute cute!!!!!  I have lots of farm boards! 



Another sweet find!!!!!!! Easy......now to find a square stool! I have the burlap........like the ruffle with the wood showing.

This pin didn't have a place to go back to, but like.......a lot!!!!! 

Can't you see this on the side of a barn or maybe in my Potter's Shed? Just have to cut down some tree limbs and some spindly branches. I have the berries.......I will make.

This is so so cute with the chicken wire around the jar. Not expensive. 


Victorian Trading Co.


Saw this today on Pinterest.........I am getting!!!!!!!!! I am ordering this tonight.  It is well worth the money! Not even expensive. This will come in sooooo handy. I know that we will not get out of having a cold winter (snow forcast for Thurs, Friday and Saturday). I can hang my clothes on the back porch! Isn't this the cutest thing?? 


Well sweet ladies............I can't wait to see if we are going to get snow. I know they say rain! We will take that also! Just need to see some snow before the winter is up, right?


Hugs and God bless you all!


Linda

20 comments:

  1. Linda . . . THANK YOU for drawing us together and giving us a "focus" for our prayers. We are thanking God for Tenlee's progress, but we also know that Tenlee, and each one of us, are destined to return to the home of "Our Father In Heaven".
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read about Tenlees progress. I will pass it on to my Facebook friends, many have been praying for the family. Just saw your clothesline you liked on Victorian trading. We sell them also here:
    http://www.nanaluluslinensandhandkerchiefs.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/19444/subcatid/0/id/543544

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that I didn't know. I ordered it after I put my post up. I was so excited though. I had seen the little canvas coin purses. They didn't have any more and when I went to your metal clothes line off to the side was the picture with the coin purse just like I wanted at another site!!!!!!!! It was so cool! I will be ordering when I get my next spending money! Like a gift from the Lord. I had thought that I was never going to be able to get one........I will get back with you!

      Hope all is well with you! Hugs, Linda

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing Tenlees progress. Brought tears to my eyes this morning. God is good! All the time! Let us sing His praise and give thanksgiving. Will continue to keep this sweet little one in prayer for a complete recovery and a blessed life. Always enjoy reading your blog. Glad I found you thru Nanalulu's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful you found me also!!!!!!! Tenlee has done wonderful considering all she went through! Happy story for sure! Hugs to you, Linda

      Delete
  4. I am so happy to hear about Tenlee. I am also so excited about your little eggs. I just love my chickens. I don't have a rooster because I am not actually zoned for chickens and don't want to attract attention to the chicken coop. Also, I have to tell you I LOVE the clothesline winder or whatever you call that thing and must have one. Thanks so much for sharing! I will look it up to see the price. Have a lovely day!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precious story!!! I so love my chickens also.

      I bought one last night. I think it is the cutest! Soooooo welcome. It isn't to spendy.

      Hugs, Linda

      Delete
  5. Isn't Tenlee's progress wonderful! Prayer!
    Love all your finds! Hope you are having a great Thurs!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God and His glory! We have been praying for little Tenlee and her family since you first posted on Prairie Flower Farm. How her journey has touched our hearts. We have experienced a medical miracle through our son. After you go through it, there is a supernatural change that takes place that lasts. Thank you so much for all you do and your love and compassion for all of us and our sweet, sweet Saviour! Sincerely, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thank You, Jesus! I love reading the updates on baby Tenlee :) Will definitely continue to pray for her and her family.
    Enjoyed your pinterest pics :)

    Hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine how happy her family is!!!!!! I so agree with you Susan! They appreciate your prayers! We are pinterest junkies Susan! Hugs!!!!

      Delete
  8. Linda, this was a fantastic post!! little Tenlee's improvement is awesome, esp when her dad touched her head and brought the bp up!! that's a moment never to be forgotten! wonderful to see the eggs...and finds on pinterest!! ^)^linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it precious what has happened? I know when I read about her daddy it made me almost cry!!!! You are so right. Tonight the girls didn't even lay one egg in the basket.......they will again though. They had 8 eggs in different nest boxes. Hugs, Linda

      Delete
  9. I was born and raised just outside of Hutchinson. My 84 year old parents still live at home there. Thanks for the weather update because I live in New Mexico now! Hugs and Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, thank you so much for letting me know. Our son's live in Hutch, and two in Buhler......small world. We live in Sterling. If you ever come back, please email me (on side bar up at the top) and we will have to meet!

      Hugs, Linda

      Delete
  10. Absolutely amazing! Such a testimony to the power of prayer! Thank you God for touching that little angel and her family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree Sarah!!!!!!! There family has witnessed so many things during this time of suffering! Thank you for praying for them!

      Hugs, Linda

      Delete
  11. Hi Linda! I am praying for Tenlee each day at least twice a day! She has become a hero to me. When I feel sorry for me or something going on in my life I stop and say a little prayer for her. I am crying after reading this beautiful note from the family. They have touched my heart and little Tenlee has made me more aware of how I pray and why! Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a nice post love these stuffs. Keep posting good blogs like this I'll surely follow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!