Sunday, December 29, 2013

Can't believe CHRISTmas is already OVER!

Hello sweet ladies,

Trust your CHRISTmas was a blessing for you and your family. Ours was so busy and fun. The children had a wonderful time!


Taylor and Tyler were able to be with us for quite a few days......which made this Momma really happy! Tay, Tressa and I worked together all CHRISTmas morning baking pies. Now that the grands are getting bigger it seems like we need to add another pie every holiday! The favorite pie seems to be Peanut Butter so we made 4. 


Our vacation has been wonderful! Lots of cleaning has been going on, chores are getting done in cold weather! I love the snow! I saw a snowman in an old truck......couldn't resist! 


Another wonderful thing that happened was our son Jason called this last week and asked if I would like 23 hens.........YES! They are beautiful. They had not been laying eggs because snakes had been in the coop. If I can't get them to lay eggs, then I will have to  butcher them. 


This is Olivia. She was watching me when I was building the snow girl in the truck. I had to shot this pic. Love her freckled nose! Hope she has a little one in her tummy!

I put on our tree the 10 Prophecies of Christ and when they were fulfilled. I printed them onto kraft paper. I thought I would share where I got them so you could read. It is amazing!!!!!
I got them on Mark Driscoll's website. 
Here are ten prophecies from the Old Testament, fulfilled in the coming of Jesus:

1. Jesus will come from the line of Abraham. Prophecy: Genesis 12:3. Fulfilled: Matthew 1:1.
2. Jesus’ mother will be a virgin. Prophecy: Isaiah 7:14. Fulfilled:Matthew 1:18–23.
3. Jesus will be a descendent of Isaac and Jacob. Prophecy: Genesis 17:19 and Numbers 24:17. Fulfilled: Matthew 1:2.
4. Jesus will be born in the town Bethlehem. Prophecy: Micah 5:2. Fulfilled: Luke 2:1–7.
5. Jesus will be called out of Egypt. Prophecy: Hosea 11:1. Fulfilled: Matthew 2:13–15.
6. Jesus will be a member of the tribe of Judah. Prophecy: Genesis 49:10. Fulfilled: Luke 3:33
7. Jesus will enter the temple. This is important because the temple was destroyed in A.D. 70 and was never rebuilt. Prophecy:Malachi 3:1. Fulfilled: Luke 2:25–27.
8. Jesus will be from the lineage of King David. Prophecy:Jeremiah 23:5. Fulfilled: Matthew 1:6.
9. Jesus’ birth will be accompanied with great suffering and sorrow. Prophecy: Jeremiah 31:15. Fulfilled: Matthew 2:16.
10. Jesus will live a perfect life, die by crucifixion, resurrect from death, ascend into heaven, and sit at the right hand of God.Prophecies: Psalm 22:16Psalm 16:10Isaiah 53:10–11Psalm 68:18Psalm 110:1. Fulfilled: 1 Peter 2:21–22Luke 23:33Acts 2:25–32Acts 1:9Hebrews 1:3.

The God who wrote the Scriptures rules over history. When he makes a promise, he is faithful to his Word.


The landscape has been so beautiful since we received so much snow.  The reflection of the sun on the snow is just gorgeous when the sun goes down each night! 

Right now as I am putting this post up, all of the grandson's are in the kitchen (it is way to cold to be out on the porch) cleaning 19 ducks. We will be cooking up duck for lunch tomorrow. 

Blessings to you and yours,

Linda











5 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you have been busy and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlotte! It has been busy, but very fun being home and getting to do some of the things I just love to do! Hope you had a blessed CHRISTmas also. Thank you for commenting. Love it when you do!!! Hugs, me

      Delete
  2. I saw your snow girl on facebook. When we were in Hood River, there's some old machinery there. I feel in love with an old truck and took alot of photos of it. Your snow girl reminded me of that truck. We don't have any snow, just fog. so I guess I can't build anything out of that! Thanks for sharing the 10 prophecies of Jesus. Amazing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved old trucks! Glad you liked the prophecies of Jesus. I just think it is so detailed in what the Lord had for us all who want to accept His gift! Hugs to you!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful new year!

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful share. I have been thinking of those peanut butter pies! You should share your recipe. I would love to spend the day with you having a farm adventure. Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!