Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Such a Busy time of YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello sweet ladies, I have misssssed you all!!!!!! Farming is hitting and lots of things are happening on fixing up little places on our farm. 


This was taken from our front room window. It was so so beautiful. The whole sky was even brighter pink than this. I sat out on the front porch and read my Bible readying. The birds were singing.....guineas were squawking and roosters were doodling. Just beautiful!!!! I also prayed for you all.



I am having the time of my life.......I have not said much, but now I feel like I can. We just inherited 80 acres from my sweet man's parent's estate. We now feel like we can fix the farm up and it has been so fun......especially since we are on summer vacation!!!!  I can stay up as late as I want and get up as early as I want! Feel a little spoiled and very thankful!

Got a new roof on the little milk house.....now we are putting a picket fence around the side so the chickens can be out during the day! We put up chicken wire first.....then the picket fence. That way the can't get hurt in any way. 


Before the rain came we were getting the ground ready for soybeans. Sounds beautiful when we here the tractor driving around the farm......love it! I will never ever tire of it!


Birch has been busy eating grass and leaves.....our son came out to work on his ground....... Birch was his friend! Isn't Birch huge? We can't believe how fast he is growing!


Had to show you who I saw in the garden.......love him!

Well, just had to stop in to say hello.........I am back out the door. Just cleaned the chicken milk house coop......now I need to lay some straw down. We finished getting the chicken wire around......Vitaliy and I will be putting up the picket fence now. Ekkkkk!!!! It is going to be so cute! I will take pic's when I finish it........are you doing anything on at your farm or home? Would love to hear about it. 

Hugs and God bless!!!!!!!

Linda


13 comments:

  1. I'm still catching up in the garden as our spring was strange and cold. Lots to do inside, but can't seem to make myself do it. Would rather be outside!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to make more room in my cabinets putting up pans and dishes I don't use very often.

    So, is your 80 acres joining your farm? That would make it nice.

    Enjoy your time at home. I know you will.

    BLESSINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here at the Falling Feather Farm we are too working to spruce the place up. We just fix the corrals and build raise bed boxes for our garden. I hope to be able to fix up the chickens' coop. I want to side it and paint it red to match our home. I also want to add a barn quilt to it, just for fun. Thanks for your uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Linda - great to see you back here! My goodness you are a busy gal! I have been knitting up a storm making dishcloths to sell at a craft show - lotsa fun! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara - Wing Shadow FarmJune 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM

    Very much enjoy receiving your blog posts. Wonderful that you are adding 80 acres! We are looking for a place to relocate to from So. Calif. Praying for guidance and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrat. on inheriting the 80 acres. It will mean so much to you now and in the years to come. Birch is cuter than cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Birch! He is adorable! I want one :D

    Love you!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful pure wholesome post! Nothing but feel good! God's beauty all the way!
    Thanks for sharing....you are so sweet!
    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birch is so cute!
    Congratulation on your inheritance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. chickens! happy thought indeed. what type chickens will you keep? birch is adorable. and huge. sweet little face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 80 acres? What a blessing! The fence Vitaly constructed looks great - and if I weren't so committed to keeping this weight off, I'd be baking that chocolate cake right now! :)

    May God continue to bless you family & farm :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are blessed Stubbs family! Love that Birch. He is growing so quickly. Your inheritance is a true blessing. Good luck with all your summer projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!