Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Burlap Roses and Sheer Ribbon Roses Tutorial





Hello sweet ladies........feel like I have dropped off the face of the earth......I had know idea how much it would take to get ready for my sweet girls wedding!!! I so miss blogging and keeping up with my journaling about our life! I do try to keep a little going on my facebook if you want to see what is happening! 


We are making lots and lots of burlap roses that will be used all over the farm.....they will be on milk cans.....fence posts......the Sanctuary....mason jars......the and anything else we can think of. The rose I have here is about 8" wide when all finished......we will be making lots of different sizes though.



I bought my burlap ribbon at Hobby Lobby. The package measures 5 1/2" x 15" long. They seem to go on sale every other week for $2.50 a piece.....
also you will need heavy thread I use crochet thread
also 
yarn needles. I got those at Hobby Lobby also......I love to buy
most of my craft supplies there......the man that owns it loves Jesus!!! He loves life also! 

This rose is very easy to make......I will try to make it simple for you to understand.


Step one: Cut burlap ribbon 5' long. Lay ribbon on table. Turn the top righthand corner down to bottom edge as shown in picture. 


Tie a knot at the end of thread. Stitch around the beginning of the ribbon bottom corner two times. Start a long running stitch along the bottom edge all the way to the other end......


It will gather a little as you stitch along the edge. 


After all has been gathered a bit......start with the right hand side of rose......start rolling it......and keep it secure at the bottom of the rose.....keep rolling until you get to the left hand side edge. 


With the needle and thread continue to sew all the edges together until the edges are all tacked together. 


At this point I take parts of the rose and turn the top edge. It gives the rose a little more dimension. I play with the rose until it looks pretty to my eye. 


We are also making roses using sheer ribbon from Hobby Lobby. I do the same steps as for the burlap roses. They are really pretty. 

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial. They are fun and very easy to make! 

Hugs and God bless you!!!!!!!

Linda