Monday, August 26, 2013

Hi......miss you all!

Hello sweet ladies,


I used pumpkins on our SONday table........they are the cutest pumpkins!!!!!!!


We bought a bushel of peaches..... so I made peach cobbler.......so nummy, plus we are eating them plain and with cream poured over the top.......that is my favorite way to eat them. Do you can or freeze yours? I just did a half a bushel and put them in the freezer on yesterday afternoon. They will be great for smoothies this winter.


OH MY......school is now in session!!!!!!! There are over 200 freshmen and I am right in front when they walk in the door! PIZZA! They are eating me out in about 1 minute and I am trying to be prepared with more after they clean out my station....not! It is a little on the impossible side. Today I will be making some in the regular oven. Then I will be ready to put them out immediately after they come!!!!!!! I hope it works. Glad we have all the kids that we do have.....it makes a difference on our hours! 


Here is a recipe like the one we use at the college but smaller proportions. If you would like to try it. It really is a good one! 

Olive Oil Dough
From Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

Makes 4-1lb loaves.

2-3/4 cups lukewarm water
1-1/2 tablespoon granulated yeast
3/4 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

Mix the yeast, salt, sugar, and olive oil with the water in a 5-quart bowl, or a lidded (not airtight) food container.

Mix in the flour without kneading. I used my stand mixer with dough hook, but you canuse a spoon.

Cover (not airtight), and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises and colapses (or flattens on top), approximately 2 hours.

The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though it is easier to handle when cold. Refrigerate in a lidded (not airtight) container and use over the next 12 days.

To bake my pizza (I made a personal size pizza) I took a handful of dough and had to use some extra flour (it was a bit on the sticky side for me) and spread it out. I topped with my toppings and then slid the pizza in the oven that had been pre-heated with the pizza stone in it - to 500 degrees. I baked it for about 15 minutes. While I like this crust, I will be trying my friend Mike's recipe next. The one thing that makes this a good one - is that I was able to have it in my fridge and just pulled it out to make when I needed it. Convenience food at it's best!

Hope all is well with you......miss blogging.....with the wedding preparations........I am coming and going! I hope to get back on a more regular schedule! Miss you and your comments. 

Hugs to your day and God bless, 

Linda


12 comments:

  1. We miss you too, Linda, but I totally understand how very busy you are right now. That must be so stressful when the pizza goes so quickly. I would think your plan of making some in the regular oven too should work out well. Love the white pumpkins down the center of the table -- so unique and pretty.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. T......thank you for leaving a comment....how sweet of you! It has been so busy.....I feel like I am going in circles! The pizza fridge never got fixed.......it was very stressful, but I got through it! Love home!
      I love these little white pumpkins so much. They are very sweet looking in any little spot.

      Hugs to your sweet friend, Linda

      Delete
  2. Bless your heart!!! You are one busy lady! Anxious to hear all about the wedding plans and decorations. Miss your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlotte, thank you so much for writing me!!!! I love mail! I can't wait to share more about the wedding......just need to make the time this next weekend!!!!

      I miss writing! Hugs to your sweet friend, Linda

      Delete
  3. Love your little white pumpkins and the pizza dough recipe. Do you know how many personal pan pizzas you would get from the recipe? What a busy and exciting time you are having now with the wonderful wedding plans. Miss your updates too but I know the school is blessed to have your family as a part of the school family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I don't know how many personal pan pizzas you would get.....sorry! We are so excited about the wedding!!!! I am going to try to do better on blogging. Thank you for your sweetness!

      Hugs sweet friend, Linda

      Delete
  4. Oh Linda I miss you too, but you're so..so busy! I can't believe how you find the time and energy to work, do some chores, tend to your garden and plan for the wedding! Yikes, I wish I was able to help you...so I know just how to help! I will pray for smoother days! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Gert, Thank you so much for the prayers.....you are a blessing to me! This year at the school it is a lot more hectic. I like peace! Hahaha! I really do like a quiet life and the pizzas are going out the door so to speak. They are going through so many and so fast. I will get some short cuts done soon!

      Hugs to your sweet friend and again thank you for praying for me and fam. Linda

      Delete
  5. We all understand how life gets in the way of blogging! Your recipe looks delicious - a must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, so nice to see you here! It does get in the way! The recipe is easy and super good! Hugs sweet friend, Linda

      Delete
  6. Hi Linda! I love those sweet pumpkins! I should find good Colorado peaches because we grow the best but the last batch I bought were from California! LOL! Had a little tea party Sunday! I made a little tea treat with tarlets from the freezer section. Diced peaches fine and add a dab of fresh peach preserve and a crumble of gorgonzala cheese! Next time I will try mascarpone cheese because the gorgonzala was too much for most of the phamily and guests! We ate pizza for dinner so I loved your recipe! We use thin crust dough and fill it with fresh veggies and such! Yum!
    I need that peach cobbler! Sigh!
    Blessings, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog today and downloaded your snowman candle cozy. I love that. Thank you so much for the pattern.
    Now I have to go find something to eat because reading about peach cobbler and pizza I'm starving...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!