Friday, August 2, 2013

Getting the Farm Ready!

Hello sweet ladies,

I have been so busy......can't believe our summer vacation is almost up! I only have another week and we will be back at the college........


so I have been cleaning out the hen house and the Milk house where the little chickens are. That always makes me feel good before starting work. It will be really hard to keep up if I don't get organized at the beginning.


We have a new little girl who is Birches best friend now! Her name is Aspen. Adorable lamb! Birch has been really sweet with her. Not butting her at all......that is a good thing!


I have been very busy in the garden. Putting in fall crops. It is doing wonderful because of all the rain we had. The beans are doing great. 


I also put in two rows of potatoes. The patty pan is coming up and dried beans that a sweet blogger friend sent to me to try. They are heirloom beans. 


My pickle plants are doing beautifully. Last year they hardly did a thing because of the drought........so see.....we have been busy on the farm!!!!! I will hate to leave everyday, but God has blessed me so much this summer......I will not complain!



The girls are laying very nicely......put in about 20 new girls into the big Girly pen today!!!!! We will see how they do!


Hugs to your day, I have so missed blogging. My life will be normal again......I am sure!

Linda





2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I can't believe you only have one more week before school starts! However all those students will be blessed by seeing you again! So exciting to think of all the sweet souls you will bring to our LORD this year!!!
    Your garden looks great!
    So, what is normal in life!!! LOL
    Hugs and blessings,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful your garden has done so well. My husbands has not been so good this time. Poor thing didn't have time to do one and his tomatoes have been pitiful. We have had the most rain I can ever recall in the summer. No 3 digit temps either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!