Friday, May 22, 2009

Planting


I had wanted to use my old wood boxes some way in the garden. I think it turned out real cute. The plants I put in are the kind that will trail over the edge of the box. It is always hard to wait for them to get to that stage. If you have any ideas for containers or want to send me pic's I would love to see your ideas.
My wheel barrow was full of sugar peas and sweet pea flowers.
Sugar Snap Peas and Sweet Pea flowers together.

When I planted my Sugar Snap Peas, I wanted to see what it would be like to put in some of my Sweet Pea Flowers in between the Sugar Snap Peas. When it all blooms it is going to look so pretty.

Yesterday we were able to get almost all of our flowers and herbs planted. If you put your herbs and flowers together you will have more color. I put in so many Lemon Verbena plants! I also plant flowers in addition to the marigolds in my garden. I spend a lot of time in my garden in the summer and I just want to see pretty flowers. The weather is starting to get warmer outside and it is good to have almost all my veggies planted. Our day yesterday was very productive in getting things planted. If we can get our pumpkins and corn in I will be so glad. It has been such a wet spring for us here in Kansas. I think it has been hard for a lot of people to get things in on a timely basis. Everything is really coming up though. A little tip for everyone, who is going to plant potatoes. Our friend Alicia, said as soon as you see the first leaves on your potato plants popping out of the garden start bringing dirt up along each side up over the leaves and make another mound. Do this one more time. I guess it gives you more potatoes in the end. I hope it does what she says.
Spruce Colorado Blue Tree
My sweet husband just planted my Spruce Colorado Blue tree (that is the name on the pot). It will be a few Christmas' till I can put on lights! It will be just like Alaska here on the farm! Now all I need is to figure how to get the ocean on the farm. Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Your wooden box planters are lovely. I love to plant in unusual containers ... an old washing machine tub, tea kettles, old rubber boots, and cooking utensils to mention a few.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!