Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin French Toast/Sliced Apples

Hello sweet ladies,

I told you that I would finish by giving you the recipes I made for our guests this last weekend. 



In the morning I made what I call Pumpkin French Toast/Sliced Apples sautéed in Maple Syrup.  It is easy to make and very very good!

Pumpkin French Toast
with
Sliced Apples cooked in Maple Syrup

4 eggs beaten
1/2 c. canned pumpkin 
3 tblsp. water
5-6 pieces of bread

Using a dinner fork, mix all ingredients in a deep dish. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and cook on  med. heat in a skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sliced Apples 
Cooked in Maple Syrup

In a skillet, cut 3 apples with a small amount of butter until tender. Add a 1/2 cup maple and let it simmer. 

When you serve the french toast, place apples on top of Pumpkin French Toast. I warmed up some extra syrup to drizzle on the top. 
NUM! 

I am sorry.....I didn't get a picture. I was in such a hurry to get everything to them all nice and warm. They said it was very good! That works for me! 

Tonight when I got into the house it smelled wonderful. I am cooking the Crock Pot Pear Butter for another 24 hours, I can't wait to see how it turns out. 

We have been watching a special report tonight on the storm out east. How sad. Please ladies that follow my blog, leave us all a comment on how you are doing! We love you all and are praying!!!!!

I will leave you with this verse, it is powerful!

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Blessings to you, 

Linda



7 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful! I don't have canned pumpkin on hand but I will make regular french toast tomorrow for my boys with the cooked apples!
    I love that verse, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather........that tastes good also. We have made it regular before! The apples are so so good! That verse is a blessing isn't it! Hugs, me

      Delete
  2. I have all the stuff! Hooray. I hope you have a blessed night. You are a blessing to me and my family .. wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea!!!!!!! Thank you for the blessing!!!!!! You are so so kind! God is good to give us each other isn't He! Thank you for letting me know......you blessed me. Friendship is a wonderful thing! Hugs, me

      Delete
  3. Oh Linda..your breakfast sounds so good! I love French toast anyway, this just puts a fall spin on it! And the apples...oh my! All I can sy is yumm!

    What a beautiful passage...thank you for sharing that!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so yummy! Thanks Linda, we had clear skys today, power only went out for an hour yesterday, tis crisp and cold out tho for tricksters out there, praying for their safety, our grands and parents just left for a party at church! Our little 4 yr old ballet dancer dressed as TRex! Her teacher said she wants a pic, Kaitlynn is the only dancer in her class who wasn't going to be a fairy princess! Lol! So sweet, she is her own person, love it!
    Hugs and blessings Linda for the rest of your week, only 2 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a yummy recipe. I will need to give it a try sometime. Praise God, we didn't have any damage from the storm. He definitely answered our prayers. I believe we ended up with over 5 inches of rain and several hours of howling winds, but were spared major damage. Unfortunately, the fall leaves have been blown from the trees but that is a small price to pay. :-)

    Thanks for your prayers.
    Blessings, Teresa from Lancaster, PA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!