Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hugs to your SONday!

Good morning.......sweet ladies,


Hope your day is a relaxed and sweet one! The weather is going to be in the 60's, which is a wonderful day for November!!!!!! Can't believe it. Also today we have rain in the forecast......another blessing! Our crops are needing a drink real bad!

I love having family together at Thanksgiving. So thankful we are off this week to get ready. I will have all this week off work to do a lot of decorating.  I will start by doing our front porch......


this is what it will look like. I did it a few years back......like to change each year, but I will do this again. I like using a white theme with a little bit of red! My favorite holiday of all is ......CHRISTmas Thyme. Can't wait......I love every thing about it! Getting ready......decorating our home......our farm........stitching gifts.......giving........entertaining.......and most of all sharing the story of CHRIST'S Birth! My favorite item to use is CHRISTmas lights.......lots of them! Do you do anything special or maybe a tradition you always do? Do you travel or stay home? 


Yesterday was a very very special day! I will post about it on Monday.......plus I will be having a little "Vacation Party Giveaway"!!!! I showed the ladies that came to the "Back to Basics" yesterday on how to decorate a mason jar. I will show a tutorial on how I did it and then I will also have a giveaway for "one"!!!!! Sooooo hope your day is sweet and restful!

Does anyone know of anything that we can do for a family or families that are on the east coast and have been affected by Sandy.......please let me know and maybe we could do something!!!! I don't have news other then local on my tv.....it seems like it isn't talked about.....at all! 

Hugs to you and may the Lord bless Your SONday,

Linda

P.S. I know that everyone has hurts in their family.......I do also. Our son who had his truck stolen some weeks back has been going through the fire. The truck is gone!!!!!!! Probably been striped and sold or shipped off. They didn't even put a detective on it. You have to have a suspect. Very strange! When it rains it pours. He has been ill.....his children have been also. It has been really tough without going into detail. Please pray for health and a some peace! It would be so appreciated!  

12 comments:

  1. I admire your artistry and your energy to do so much decorating! I did a lot when my kids were younger but lately I'm finding it harder to "get up steam" for decorating--it's always such a big job to put it all away afterward. So for now I'll just enjoy looking at your efforts!

    Looking forward to Monday's post. I'll pray for your son.

    P.S. I love the look of your blog! Are you a computer expert, or do you just have a really neat template or something? I'd love to know how to put the border on photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and dad had their car stolen out of their garage. Of course, on a farm, the keys were in the car. The thieves very nicely closed the door after they took it. This is a get out of the car and slide the heavy door closed type of garage door! It was found a year later in Denver. Am sorry to hear about your son's pickup and illness in his family. May God's love and peace surround you and your family and bring you blessings.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn Isn't that the saddest thing? Thank you so much for your sweetness and prayers! Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Hugs, me

      Delete
  3. Hi VLW, My daughter helps me do what I want it to look like. The outline that goes down on each side is from my front room curtains. Smile! the flower I just took a picture and then Tressa cleaned it up and she put it on the side. I use what is called picmonkey http://www.picmonkey.com/ It is free on the internet. You just hit the Edit photo and when you get into that you upload your picture that you move to your desktop. At least that is what I do. I am sure they have instructions on how to do it. When the picture uploads you can crop.......the P is for the words you want to put up. They have a lot of different fonts that you can use. Then there are different boarders you can put on. If you ever need to talk with me and I can walk you through it, I can do that for you. Email me at prairieflowerfarm at g mail dot com Hope this helps you! Hugs, me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your blog so much and especially your positive and prayerful attitude Linda. Isn't it hard to see your kids going through hard times.? But seems to be part of life. I have one who is worrying me and don't think I can help ( maybe not supposed to) Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda..I am so glad you are enjoying your time off and having fun ith your family! I just know your Thanksgiving will be a blessed one! Loveyour decorating of your front porch and am sure you will fix it beautifully!

    So sorry about your son and will keep them in my prayers.

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been praying that your son's truck would be found, so sorry. Prayers are sent up for your son, in all that he has to replace. Praying for a miracle this week! I also pray that he and his children will feel better. Prayers for all of you to be safe,God will bring them through it!
    Love and hugs,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers will be said for your son and his family. We are sorry. I hope things get better.

    I have always admired your background and how beautiful it is. How you have put everything together is the best part...... So sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sad with all the evils that go on in our world. I will continue to pray for your son and his family. You are so filled with the Holy Spirit. It rubs off on people. I know it does! I hope your Thanksgiving is blessed and filled with much love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad I found your blog thru a pin on pinterest! I also am a Kansas farm mom! I love your ideas for decorating the porch!

    I will pray for your son & his family.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!